2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

@richard_crl032Boss, can pm me pls the package.

Kam siah🙏

On 5/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Especially for fxt bros here since DIT unlike port injection of fna, would recommend the walnut blasting as seen here in my 85k km 3.5 yr old fxt.

Walnut Blasting for all model car  for S$0 https://carousell.app.link/YC0GzzQ83fb on #carousell

Also did injectors ultrasonic cleaning.

Quiet, smoothen pulling to speed and obvious reduction in vibration as you hold steering at idle.

Cheers.

PS: 1st time to OSK and no commercial implication but most reasonable I found

Screenshot_20210507-212620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-213313_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-212653_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-212710_Drive.jpg

↡ Advertisement

@shutterbox 

Hi Shutterbox, 

Somehow missed this but dun bother since it is about sgd300 for reputed ones and it is of neligible effect on braking.

The idea is that SSBH does not expand like unreinforced stock rubber ones but if indeed the case, all cars should come with them.

If you really wish for better braking, there are many used BBK that you can get and they will come with such SSBH since the biting force is higher and perhaps then SSBH is needed.

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Strato,

Believe Fna rear suspension has so-called self levelling function that is more complex and expensive.

Just change to Tein Endura Active Pro that can adjusted until your butts are happy at 1k all-in and you will not regret one ... 

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing. I drive stock FNA for past 5years and only grouse is with tad bouncy suspension. Plan to replace the suspension for the next 5yrs. Does Tein Endura Active Pro has the self-leveling function?

1 hour ago, Elginlye said:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing. I drive stock FNA for past 5years and only grouse is with tad bouncy suspension. Plan to replace the suspension for the next 5yrs. Does Tein Endura Active Pro has the self-leveling function?

Hi Elginlye,

Lucky you with fna, fxt is worse being both bouncy and harsh .. lol ! Harsh becos it is tuned for control with expected spirited driving with the 350nm 240bhp (not me !)

No, tein endura acrive pro is not self levelling like stock fna suspension but unless you are carrying heavy load to hail cargo in rear boot or towing, you do not need it to level back the rear.

Many fna owners are just paying much more expensive stock fna suspension without knowing and needing it ... stock fxt suspension with self levelling is much cheaper.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Thinking of subaru forester XT one of the choice of SUV to get after my car COE expire next july. may i check how is this car doing? as in FC performance comfort and space?

i saw some sgcarmart forester, there is smoke black tail lamp and transparent ones, is this LTA frriendly? able to pass inspection?

1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

Hi All,

Thinking of subaru forester XT one of the choice of SUV to get after my car COE expire next july. may i check how is this car doing? as in FC performance comfort and space?

i saw some sgcarmart forester, there is smoke black tail lamp and transparent ones, is this LTA frriendly? able to pass inspection?

FC average ~9-10L/100km (50/50 highway/city). Higher seating position with good visibility. 

(edited)
15 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

Hi All,

Hi Stream,

Confirmed to fail inspection and do ask for stock ones to change for inspection.

FC is expectedly bad at 8-10km/l and it bouncy and yet hard to handle nice 350nm 240bhp on the cheap.. ride comfort is not its strength.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

5 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Stream,

Confirmed to fail inspection and do ask for stock ones to change for inspection.

FC is expectedly bad at 8-10km/l and it bouncy and yet hard to handle nice 350nm 240bhp on the cheap.. ride comfort is not its strength.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks for the info richard. how about the NA version? it is also hard in the handling?

Hi Stream,

For NA, ride is obviously better .. maybe cos it has more expensive self levelling dampers and it does not have stiffer subframe bar.

Handling loses out to XT inevitably as it is softer overall and less harsh.

FC is also so so at 10 km/l but if you like SUV and budget allows, go for the SK version ... interior much nicer and with eyesight system and less complaint on ride comfort.

Cheers.

Richard

am looking for used ones. the eyesight version is out of my budget. understand that subaru uses global platform. does impreza, UV all uses same platform?

Same platform does it means that the spare parts like engine moutings, lower arms are all same and can cross use?

Hi Stream,

Understand ... between FNA and FXT, my choice of FXT for sure but becos my estima, merc w124, honda odyssey etc. were tortoises and I wanted a powerful ride for cheap as I was then 55 liao and not going to pay 200k+ or almost 300k all-in for 10 yrs like my merc w124  ... and not now then when for 350Nm 240bhp? 😅

If dun care about power or mind dated interior and strictly between FNA and FXT, then FNA for a spacious and safe AWD SUV then but very personalised choice and only you know.

Dun forget almost sgd3/l for octane 98 now b4 discount else FXT will be a big regret if into city driving and without hwy but short trips for FNA also not great ... at least not like my mazda 6 2018 exec at 7l/100km and not 7km/l if I drive my FXT hard 🥲

Cheers.

Richard

Hihi… Can I just confirmed with you guys that Amaron 85D23L is suitable for Subaru Forester FNA? 

I enquired from quite a few shops and it ranges from $100 to $150… I am wondering why is the difference so great? Any advice would be appreciated! Thks 🙂