2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

13 hours ago, ntuc2018 said:

I am thinking to install such daytime running light on XT. Will there be any issue with LTA?  These lights bought on Lazada suitable for Singapore XT? Also where can I get it installed? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0f44f7605448b12211ad26483b2217ab.png

Hi, these are all from tiongland and not recommended since they ALL do not last and look so so imho ... you need to cover these aftermkt lights to pass LTA inspection. 

Sti has their official white led ones albeit ex at about sgd800 or more but you can also get osram ones from amazon to drill and install .. they lasted 4 yrs in my xt especially since I added transparent silicon to further seal the electronics 

iJDMTOY 10pc 30W High Power Flexible LED Lighting Kit Compatible With Daytime Running Light or Under Car Puddle Light, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QUGWV4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_F0NCFT1W97V6EJKS9Q0K

Cheers.

Screenshot_20211214-021806_Chrome.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

@richard_crl032 yea my car's previous owner have this installed and I wanted to change to something brighter + a brighter fog lamp too. Since I'm not travelling into Msia for now I put this in the back seat and focus on other items.

• Praise 1

On 12/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, ntuc2018 said:

I am thinking to install such daytime running light on XT. Will there be any issue with LTA?  These lights bought on Lazada suitable for Singapore XT? Also where can I get it installed? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0f44f7605448b12211ad26483b2217ab.png

Yes. Not lta friendly. I need to tape during inspection. Install switch also no use since can tell easily. 

Personally I don't like the chrome trimming of the light housing so I bought one that is black when the lights are not on. These only run along around 3/4 of the full length of the fang though.

Installation can be done at any workshop which does any ice/decorative lights.

IMG_20210810_160954__01.thumb.jpg.c901008e5e1021677d347802226e0f23.jpg

IMG_20200626_180344__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.20bc1336ae1cb25c9faaa44f47658424.jpg

Hi all,

For my 5.5 year old FNA with 85K mileage, I recently changed

1. front lower control arm bushing
  2. rear wheel bearing
  3. front wheel bearing
  4. front & rear shock absorbers

All changed at outside workshop with original stock Subaru parts. Items 1 & 2 were flagged for replacement by MI during servicing.  

After the change, rear right wheel gives out a rumbling vibrating noise sometimes when the car goes over small bumps / uneven road surfaces.
Went back twice to workshop after driven ~1000km each time. First visit, the rear shocks were replaced, workshop suspect product issue with the 1st pair of shocks.. Second visit, some lube grease was applied. However the issue came back after a day as I suspect.

I noticed MI's shock absorber replacement package also includes the spring seat rubber, dust cover and shock helper. Wondering if replacing the seat rubber & shock helper can help with the issue?  Workshop claims the current set is ok, no need to change.

Seeking advice from all bros here.
Thanks.

15 hours ago, Elginlye said:

Hi all,

For my 5.5 year old FNA with 85K mileage, I recently changed

1. front lower control arm bushing
  2. rear wheel bearing
  3. front wheel bearing
  4. front & rear shock absorbers

All changed at outside workshop with original stock Subaru parts. Items 1 & 2 were flagged for replacement by MI during servicing.  

After the change, rear right wheel gives out a rumbling vibrating noise sometimes when the car goes over small bumps / uneven road surfaces.
Went back twice to workshop after driven ~1000km each time. First visit, the rear shocks were replaced, workshop suspect product issue with the 1st pair of shocks.. Second visit, some lube grease was applied. However the issue came back after a day as I suspect.

I noticed MI's shock absorber replacement package also includes the spring seat rubber, dust cover and shock helper. Wondering if replacing the seat rubber & shock helper can help with the issue?  Workshop claims the current set is ok, no need to change.

Seeking advice from all bros here.
Thanks.

Sounds like some components of the rear wheel is not install properly. Rightfully grease should only be used during installation, not for rectification.

After the change of the items, is wheel alignment done to the car? This is a must for for shocks replacement.

Spring seat rubber, i see that need to change. The rest if they are in good condition, should not need to change.

If your car is in stock form, should wait for MI's Kansha Festival which happens yearly between Oct - Nov. Replace the parts with MI during this time, the pricing will be more competitive compared to outside workshops.

My analysis based on your post.

@Incom thanks. Remembered the workshop said wheel alignment not required. Guess I will replace the seat rubber and then do wheel alignment.

Yes, should have went for MI shock absorber package on hindsight.

Dear all, 

Anyone have any idea where to get the following part show in picture. It a black color PVC bumper at the rear door. Just discovered the one at my right side passenger door is missing 😥

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20220118_124946.jpg

IMG_20220118_124938.jpg

23 minutes ago, thefalcon said:

Dear all, 

Anyone have any idea where to get the following part show in picture. It a black color PVC bumper at the rear door. Just discovered the one at my right side passenger door is missing 😥

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20220118_124946.jpg

IMG_20220118_124938.jpg

can give MI a call and ask. 

1 hour ago, Bplakad said:

My 6 years old forester's aircon not cold. Can anyone recommend a good reliable place to check (besides MI). 

L & Kim Aircon at Ubi.

Like condenser or cooling coil leak.

• Praise 4

Recently did 80k mileage servicing and changed to 5w40 Castrol Edge from usual 5w30. Performance noticeably took a hit and become more sluggish...still monitoring FC but I guess will be worst off too. Can't wait to clock next 5k mileage to change back to 5w30!

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Orixy said:

Recently did 80k mileage servicing and changed to 5w40 Castrol Edge from usual 5w30. Performance noticeably took a hit and become more sluggish...still monitoring FC but I guess will be worst off too. Can't wait to clock next 5k mileage to change back to 5w30!

I am still using Castrol Edge 5W30 at 150k. Will be 6 yrs old in 3 months time. No problem. 

I also try once using 5W40, cannot tahan the sluggish. 

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement