2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

Just found this YouTube review of 2016 forester XT by a Taiwanese:

Very informative and detailed review. I suspect you will learn more about the car from the video than from your sales exec... It also points out the differences between the FL and pre-FL models. Only downside is its in mandarin and some of the Chinese term a bit cheem

Edited by Jamesgetz
  • Praise 2

How to check? Any concern if I remain status quo?

Can check if you have TPMS installed or can use the good old tyre pressure gauge.

Another way for rough estimate will be using the air pump at petrol kiosk. Set to eg. 230 kpa and watch the initial pressure on the pump LCD readout when you engage the pump hose to your tyre valve. The initial readout would be your rough pressure inside that tyre.

No issues if you choose to remain status quo if your tyre pressure is slightly above or below the recommended pressure. Too low and you will be dragging the tyres, resulting in accelerated wear and increased FC. Too high will have lower rolling resistance and smoother ride. But will sacrifice comfort when you can feel every bumps and holes on the road. Either way will also result in uneven wear to the tyres. You will most likely find the recommended pressure for your tyres pasted on the driver door seam.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Not $500. MI quoted super high for my FXT and AXA was cheaper by $800.

Oh I c. So I went to suss out other insurance.. Almost similar to $1,300 +\- $100. So ok to take..

My previous ride used AXA.. But switch to income.. Cheaper and better coverage.

The worse I find is actually that online insurance advertise on TV. At least 15% more exp. yet they claim cheaper..

Edited by BenTong

The worse I find is actually that online insurance advertise on TV. At least 15% more exp. yet they claim cheaper..

The extra 15% is to pay for the TV adverts  :D

Neutral Newbie

sound level is subjective so you should test the car yourself rather depend on your friend's opinion...  if your friend drives a lexus, every other car will be noisy to him

Thx... intend to test it out myself.  Thx for the info!

with recent few days heavy rain, for those who have already got your cars, can comment on the wet ability of the DUELER tyres?

seems to have quite mixed reviews of these online, especially for wet drivability....

Turbocharged

Anyone knows the penalty for breaking the UOB loan contract?

Break loan contract? Or early full settlement? Or you not paying loan instalment?

Early settlement- quite standard process rule of 72. Then see whether got any early settlement penalty in your Loan contract.

If you didn't pay, then be prepared for car to be towed away..

Break loan contract? Or early full settlement? Or you not paying loan instalment?

Early settlement- quite standard process rule of 72. Then see whether got any early settlement penalty in your Loan contract.

If you didn't pay, then be prepared for car to be towed away..

How does rule of 72 works? I only heard rule of 78...

Turbocharged
(edited)

How does rule of 72 works? I only heard rule of 78...

Oh ya. Typo.. Go Google la. Many online calculator.. If I explain... I will bore myself.. Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

Eh, Since when did MI do ECU tuning? Premium auto has MTM for their Audi cars. What does MI have?

Go ask secretly...

they used to have the 'STi tuning' package during the older days.... not sure what do they do now.

but with XT and it's improved SI drive (much improved of driveability at #I versus mine), really need?

without improving the brakes or tyres setup, maybe not a good idea...

↡ Advertisement