2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Does any of the Forester owners here find the boot light too dim? Maybe age is catching up, but I really cannot see much with the tiny light bulb on one side of the boot. Will MI void the warranty if the boot light or the fog light bulbs are changed outside?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Does any of the Forester owners here find the boot light too dim? Maybe age is catching up, but I really cannot see much with the tiny light bulb on one side of the boot. Will MI void the warranty if the boot light or the fog light bulbs are changed outside?

In general, Any car agent reserves the right to void the warranty of the parts related to your mods. U would have to weigh the risk of your mods against the benefits.

For me, changing of light bulbs is a small risk as long as u use the correct bulbs of reputable brands. but what do u plan to do make the light brighter?

Go ask secretly...

Huh, why must ask secretly? "Special" service by Ah Huat?

they used to have the 'STi tuning' package during the older days.... not sure what do they do now.

but with XT and it's improved SI drive (much improved of driveability at #I versus mine), really need?

without improving the brakes or tyres setup, maybe not a good idea...

Agreed. My FXT has not even arrived yet and I've already got plans for rim/tyre and brake upgrades.

Considering whether to tune the car and install cat back exhaust which will surely void the car warranty

Edited by Jamesgetz

In general, Any car agent reserves the right to void the warranty of the parts related to your mods. U would have to weigh the risk of your mods against the benefits.

For me, changing of light bulbs is a small risk as long as u use the correct bulbs of reputable brands. but what do u plan to do make the light brighter?

Huh, why must ask secretly? "Special" service by Ah Huat?

I used to replace the boot bulb with a small panel of LEDs in my old car and it is much brighter than the original. Would not want to risk losing the warranty with MI now over a bulb, after hearing stories of MI being strict with modifications not done by them.

Maybe during my next servicing I ask them...

I used to replace the boot bulb with a small panel of LEDs in my old car and it is much brighter than the original. Would not want to risk losing the warranty with MI now over a bulb, after hearing stories of MI being strict with modifications not done by them.

Maybe during my next servicing I ask them...

Yea. That's what I heard too. But they can't void the warranty for the whole car. At most they just void your warranty on the electrical circuitry

http://subarublog.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/subaru-forester-2013-black-3.jpg?w=1400&h=

http://subarublog.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/subaru-forester-2013-black.jpg?w=1400&h=

Anyone knows where to get this body kit in Singapore? Read from NASIOC that's the body kit for JDM forester.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411670&page=129

I saw a forester XT with this bodykit at bugis junction a few weeks ago. Looks really good!

Just gotten a friend help to drive while I tried to isolate the eek eek vibration sound. Managed to track it down to below the driver seat.

Tried looking below while he drive and also tried to press abit here and there, but can't solve the sound issue.

Anyone got any simile problem and solution ?

See the specs given by SE. So far, the quality of the material & workmanship is acceptable for me. No bubbles & clarity is good. Both my home & office are basement parking so can't comment much on heat rejection:-). Heat rejection while driving is acceptable for me as my air con always turn to around 20 degrees so don't feel hot even under hot sun. Of course, can't compare it with branded like Vkool etc.

IR rejection is too low lah.

I had opt out the solar film and prepare to do outside.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hahahah. The bro who dislike.. Be a man la. Don't hide behind your skirt.. I was asking about the quality of the solar film from the Bros here.. Some say it's bad some say it's ok..

Like one bro here posted he is ok with it coz he Parked mainly in basements.

Edited by BenTong
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

See the specs given by SE. So far, the quality of the material & workmanship is acceptable for me. No bubbles & clarity is good. Both my home & office are basement parking so can't comment much on heat rejection:-). Heat rejection while driving is acceptable for me as my air con always turn to around 20 degrees so don't feel hot even under hot sun. Of course, can't compare it with branded like Vkool etc.

Interesting. Specs wise similar to the Low (not the lowest) end vkool, hyper optic packages.

iR rejection is ok if you don't drive in mid day sun.. Total solar rejection = mid range.

Not bad

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

Interesting. Specs wise similar to the Low (not the lowest) end vkool, hyper optic packages.

iR rejection is ok if you don't drive in mid day sun.. Total solar rejection = mid range.

Not bad

Actually not too bad for me. Installed the top range solar film for the moonroof and really couldn't feel much difference from the rear passenger windows with direct sun shining in. So imo, still ok with the one from MI. Unless one always drive a lot during mid-day and is particular with sensitive skin, then maybe can opt to do the top grade outside.

I also usually park under shelter at home/work and drive mostly early morning or evening, so not much issue for me. If sometimes too hot, the aircon not bad quite strong. Haha...

Turbocharged

Actually not too bad for me. Installed the top range solar film for the moonroof and really couldn't feel much difference from the rear passenger windows with direct sun shining in. So imo, still ok with the one from MI. Unless one always drive a lot during mid-day and is particular with sensitive skin, then maybe can opt to do the top grade outside.

I also usually park under shelter at home/work and drive mostly early morning or evening, so not much issue for me. If sometimes too hot, the aircon not bad quite strong. Haha...

Cool bro.

Visible Light transmission, heat rejection and UV deflection.. Think UV deflection is the most important coz there's evidence to suggest exposure to UV could damage the skin pretty badly. As for visible light transmission well that's regulated. For IRR or heat rejection , like u say how often does one drive during midday without the air con on? With air con on @ 19C will you still feel the heat?

And yet the tint companies are charging a huge premium for heat rejection. Smart marketing..

Hmmmm...

I like the idea of putting the hiigjest specs for the moon roof.

Where did you get it done? and the damage?

Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

IR rejection is too low lah.

I had opt out the solar film and prepare to do outside.

Bro, do agree it's not high. I was also thinking of opting out until bro here shared the specs.

The back is 66% while front is 55%. To get it to 80% will set you back another $500-$600 while to get to 90% coupe set you back by $1k.

Something to think about. Just on the air con to 20C.. Solve problem.. The $$$ saved could go into getting other poison.

Cool bro.

Visible Light transmission, heat rejection and UV deflection.. Think UV deflection is the most important coz there's evidence to suggest exposure to UV could damage the skin pretty badly. As for visible light transmission well that's regulated. For IRR or heat rejection , like u say how often does one drive during midday without the air con on? With air con on @ 19C will you still feel the heat?

And yet the tint companies are charging a huge premium for heat rejection. Smart marketing..

Hmmmm...

I like the idea of putting the hiigjest specs for the moon roof.

Where did you get it done? and the damage?

Got the moonroof solar film from Cool N Lite. At first they quoted me $100 because I told them it's for sunroof. When I reached, they said it's actually moonroof, which is double the size of a sunroof. So the price is $200 for the top range, which is the same as what I was quoted for 3M elsewhere.

Decided to get the top range for moonroof mainly because the kids love to see the sky during the drive and I guess only the best grade qualifies since the sun is directly from the top shining down on them. And it really defeats the purpose of having a nice big moonroof if I keep them shuttered all the time.

So if yours is the smaller panel type of sunroof, might be able to get it for $100.

Made an appointment, went to the branch at Ubi to install. They have a nice lounge area above to relax and you can also view the installation process. In and out within 30 mins, as it's only one piece film to apply.

Edited by razor54

Turbocharged

Got the moonroof solar film from Cool N Lite. At first they quoted me $100 because I told them it's for sunroof. When I reached, they said it's actually moonroof, which is double the size of a sunroof. So the price is $200 for the top range, which is the same as what I was quoted for 3M elsewhere.

Decided to get the top range for moonroof mainly because the kids love to see the sky during the drive and I guess only the best grade qualifies since the sun is directly from the top shining down on them. And it really defeats the purpose of having a nice big moonroof if I keep them shuttered all the time.

So if yours is the smaller panel type of sunroof, might be able to get it for $100.

Made an appointment, went to the branch at Ubi to install. They had a nice lounge area above to relax and you can also view the installation process. In and out within 30 mins, as it's only one piece film to apply.