2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I'm also interested to know the brand/type and cost...

I will check with my brother and get back..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all Forester fans here,

Need your help to understand the Turbo part of the Forester.

I have been going around the showrooms to test drive new cars for the last few months.

Very interested in the Subaru Forester. Tested both the NA and XT version.

After reading forums and comments, got the idea that the Turbo only cuts in at around 3200 rpm.

Does this means that practically the Turbo function will not be used most of the time when driving in

Singapore ? As most of the time my current car seldom reached / stays at above 3000 rpm.

Kindly helps me to clear this doubt as I am quite interested in the Forester, especially the XT version.

Thank you in advance.

If you are testing the XT, most likely you tested it in 'i' mode by default when you started the engine. It will keep rpm in the lower range (around 1600rpm) under normal light footed driving to balance power and economy. Power is there but much more linear in delivery.

Switching to 'S' mode will keep the rpm closer to 2000rpm under normal driving. Depress the accelerator further and you will feel the surge from the turbo starting to flex a bit more. Pass 3000rpm, and the pull will get much more pronounce till pass 4000rpm.

I did not test 'S#' mode much because engine still running in. But can feel the rpm holding to much higher ranges in the tachometer before changing to the next 'gear'. You will also notice the simulated 8 gears indicator appearing on the screen. Power is always at the peak rpm ready to be unleashed anytime.

But do not expect to be thrown to the seat back from the turbo in the XT. I don't think it was mapped to perform that way in the XT. Moreover, we are talking about a SUV here. But the addictive pull from the turbo at the right rpm should make you forget that you are in a SUV that only cost slightly more than $100k in Singapore context with 240hp and 350nm of torque from its twin scroll turbo (which produces the useful torque at a lower rpm than other typical bigger turbos).

Time for another test drive perhaps?

:)

• Praise 2

Hi all Forester fans here,

Need your help to understand the Turbo part of the Forester.

I have been going around the showrooms to test drive new cars for the last few months.

Very interested in the Subaru Forester. Tested both the NA and XT version.  

After reading forums and comments, got the idea that the Turbo only cuts in at around 3200 rpm.

Does this means that practically the Turbo function will not be used most of the time when driving in 

Singapore ? As most of the time my current car seldom reached / stays at above 3000 rpm.

Kindly helps me to clear this doubt as I am quite interested in the Forester, especially the XT version.

Thank you in advance.

Hi newbie, don't believe everything you read horrrr, especially from another newbie. Best is go test drive yourself and share with us your impression after that, especially the part about turbo cut in after 3200rpm.

Hi folks,

Got the Forester XT recently, and looking through the MI website, and under drosucts, they have slotted disk brakes and Broquet products. Do you guys think its worth it to upgrade the breaks for the Forester and also anyone tried the Broquet on the Forester XT and actually got better mileage?

Thanks.

dun waste ur money on this. if you want better braking power, upgrade to sports tyres like CSC5 or Goodyear AS2 (or 3 when they make the suitable size) or similar.

when brake pads are done after 40k km, get some STI pads.

that will be sufficient.

• Praise 1

Personally, I will choose Laser Shades with the 2 magnets on top. It is more neat when you remove the shades, unlike the Groovy Shades with clips taped to the window frame. It's faster to put up when needed too, not to mention easier for my kids behind to do it themselves.

For 2015/2016 Forester

Laser Shades: 6 pieces for $180

7 pieces for $250

No moonroof piece available

Group buy 5 sets: Less $10 per set

Available in Mid May

Wanna?

For 2015/2016 Forester

7 pieces for $250

Available in Mid May

Wanna?

Yes, interested. Where are you getting the Laser Shades from? Because I've also pre-ordered one set from a local dealer. But if can save $10 from a group buy, why not...

Yes, interested. Where are you getting the Laser Shades from? Because I've also pre-ordered one set from a local dealer. But if can save $10 from a group buy, why not...

post-8814-0-09601000-1461025067_thumb.png

Ok, count me in the group buy for the Forester Laser Shades. Once you have 5 buyers, can private message me for confirmation. I will then cancel my pre-order from my dealer.

Thanks!

For 2015/2016 Forester

7 pieces for $250

Available in Mid May

Wanna?

Got pics? Im interested as i have no idea of what a laser shades. Will google. Edited by newbie12345

Neutral Newbie

You are reading a review that had all the false information..likely the reviewer plug the number from the air... or maybe he is a SE from competitor brand.

Based on the XT torque curve, at 1.5k rpm, it produce about 250Nm. At 2k rpm it produce about 300Nm and max torque of 350Nm from 2.4k rpm to 3.6k rpm. The torque at 1.5k rpm already much higher than all others 2.0L NA SUV max torque.

Go test drive yourself to feel it.

Sorry, don't know how to properly make a quote and reply earlier.  How to reply all responses in one post ?

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the torque performance.  Understand how torque is delivered now.

Actually make blur by some youtube reviews.  Like this one, it says there is a turbo lag and obvious power only comes in at around

3000 rpm.

-    14:46 min

Anyway, now better take advice from actual owners here.

Thanks.

Edited by DANNYLUM

Neutral Newbie

If you are testing the XT, most likely you tested it in 'i' mode by default when you started the engine. It will keep rpm in the lower range (around 1600rpm) under normal light footed driving to balance power and economy. Power is there but much more linear in delivery.

Switching to 'S' mode will keep the rpm closer to 2000rpm under normal driving. Depress the accelerator further and you will feel the surge from the turbo starting to flex a bit more. Pass 3000rpm, and the pull will get much more pronounce till pass 4000rpm.

I did not test 'S#' mode much because engine still running in. But can feel the rpm holding to much higher ranges in the tachometer before changing to the next 'gear'. You will also notice the simulated 8 gears indicator appearing on the screen. Power is always at the peak rpm ready to be unleashed anytime.

But do not expect to be thrown to the seat back from the turbo in the XT. I don't think it was mapped to perform that way in the XT. Moreover, we are talking about a SUV here. But the addictive pull from the turbo at the right rpm should make you forget that you are in a SUV that only cost slightly more than $100k in Singapore context with 240hp and 350nm of torque from its twin scroll turbo (which produces the useful torque at a lower rpm than other typical bigger turbos).

Time for another test drive perhaps?

:)

Thank you for the explanation.  Now got better understanding of the power performance of the Forester.

After test drive quite a few cars, still don't know which is the best.

Each one got their own merit.

Qashqai (2.0 L),  Tucson , Forester etc. 

Main thing about the forester is the torque and hp, and the panaromic all round view. Interior is not so nice as the other 2.

Hi newbie, don't believe everything you read horrrr, especially from another newbie. Best is go test drive yourself and share with us your impression after that, especially the part about turbo cut in after 3200rpm.

Hi, and, yes, thanks for the advice. 

Better take advice from actual owners here.

Just to point out that the FXT is currently going at $125,800 - it is not the segment bargain that it used to be. With COE hovering at the $46-47k level since March, their prices have increased by a whopping $7000!

• Praise 1

dun waste ur money on this. if you want better braking power, upgrade to sports tyres like CSC5 or Goodyear AS2 (or 3 when they make the suitable size) or similar.

when brake pads are done after 40k km, get some STI pads.

that will be sufficient.

agreed, except for the part abt sti pads [lipsrsealed]  there are other options out there.

• Praise 1

agreed, except for the part abt sti pads [lipsrsealed]  there are other options out there.

cos if dun get STi pads from MI but others like DIXCEL M Type or ACRE SuperFighter or ENDLESS SSM, not sure if will void warranty mah...

Just to point out that the FXT is currently going at $125,800 - it is not the segment bargain that it used to be. With COE hovering at the $46-47k level since March, their prices have increased by a whopping $7000!

Demand and Supply......and make hay whilst the sun shine for MI  [:p]

Good. Higher price, less people buy. Less on the road.

• Praise 1

Good. Higher price, less people buy. Less on the road.

Too late liao ....practically every car park or a few minutes on the road, you can see a FNA or FXT.

↡ Advertisement