2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

OMV vs Selling price

Forester 2.0IL      - $15483 (Selling $113,800)

Forester 2.0XT    - $19097 (selling $125,800)

XV                       - $15454 ($101,800)

Mitsubishi ASX    -  $17228 ($103,000)

Nissan QQ 1.2T  - $18740 ($106,988)

Maybe this is pointless and noob observation, but why Subaru selling their cars at much larger margins as compared to the other Jap brands? I'm also quite surprise that the OMV of non-turbo Forested is almost the same as the XV, yet forester selling for more than S$10K more. ?? [hur]

Ok managed to find some discussion on another thread >> http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698065-omv-and-actual-car-cost/ and got some kind of idea.

↡ Advertisement

OMV vs Selling price

Maybe this is pointless and noob observation, but why Subaru selling their cars at much larger margins as compared to the other Jap brands? I'm also quite surprise that the OMV of non-turbo Forested is almost the same as the XV, yet forester selling for more than S$10K more. ?? [hur]

I think the NA is pricier than the XV for a few reasons. There is an additional 5k CEV surcharge on the Forester and also the difference in COE because they belong to different categories. MI's margin on the Forester is also higher than the XV. Check this site out:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.html

Base on the website the ASX has a lower margin for sure but there is no 5k CEV surcharge.

I think the QQ1.2T cannot be compared because it has a -5k CEV surcharge and also is a different COE category. Nissan is also making about the same margin compared to Subaru - which is not surprising since TC and MI are branches from the same tree..On that score I actually feel the QQ1.2T is slightly overpriced.

• Praise 1

OMV vs Selling price

That's why Subaru Forester sure can get COE. They have a big margin to play with. Go for non-guaranteed COE.

would like to check how much does one has to put down for booking fee?

$10k as booking fee

For those who collected their FXT recently, are the tyres Bridgestone dueler H/L sport or H/L 400?

When I went down to make the final payment today, I saw it was HL 400 on the showroom cars. 2 months ago, I recall seeing HL sport or maybe I saw wrongly

Edited by Jamesgetz

typo in my earlier post

For those who collected their FXT recently, are the tyres Bridgestone dueler H/P sport or H/L 400?

When I went down to make the final payment today, I saw it was HL 400 on the showroom cars. 2 months ago, I recall seeing HP sport or maybe I saw wrongly

Edited by Jamesgetz

MI no stocks atm so they jack up prices to see which robert bites

Wait until May shipment fully unload.. Confirm see price back to 11x when they need to take orders for next shipment

$10k as booking fee

For those who collected their FXT recently, are the tyres Bridgestone dueler H/L sport or H/L 400?

When I went down to make the final payment today, I saw it was HL 400 on the showroom cars. 2 months ago, I recall seeing HL sport or maybe I saw wrongly

I had HL400 on my FXT reg in Apr 16.

typo in my earlier post

For those who collected their FXT recently, are the tyres Bridgestone dueler H/P sport or H/L 400?

When I went down to make the final payment today, I saw it was HL 400 on the showroom cars. 2 months ago, I recall seeing HP sport or maybe I saw wrongly

It is always H/L 400.

OMV vs Selling price

Forester 2.0IL - $15483 (Selling $113,800)

Forester 2.0XT - $19097 (selling $125,800)

XV - $15454 ($101,800)

Mitsubishi ASX - $17228 ($103,000)

Nissan QQ 1.2T - $18740 ($106,988)

Maybe this is pointless and noob observation, but why Subaru selling their cars at much larger margins as compared to the other Jap brands? I'm also quite surprise that the OMV of non-turbo Forested is almost the same as the XV, yet forester selling for more than S$10K more. ?? [hur]

My 6 month old XV OMV is around 18k. Not 15k. Has it change so much?

From newspaper advertisement, the car dealer throw in a lot of promo like lower interest (1.99% / 2.38%), $500 petro voucher, blackvue camera, coast cycle, 1 yr road tax, 3 yrs servicing..... Seem quite attractive. Don't think they will lower the selling price.

Turbocharged

MI no stocks atm so they jack up prices to see which robert bites

Wait until May shipment fully unload.. Confirm see price back to 11x when they need to take orders for next shipment

Rumors has it that the May shipment is already fully booked by Roberts They work on advance orders right now. You book. Then they order from Japan. New FL Forester selling like hot cakes not only in SG. Lots of Roberts around. Edited by BenTong

New price list, up 2K 

on hold 1st, to August sure drop,

1. COE quota increased

2. Ghost Month

3. Expo Car show orders cleared

4. Economy further recession  

Edited by MQX87511

on hold 1st, to August sure drop,

1. COE quota increased

2. Ghost Month

3. Expo Car show orders cleared

4. Economy further recession

Dont be so sure hor. Last time many ppls also believe in sure drop when May increase in quota arrive. Why u didnt hold on to this believe? Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

Dont be so sure hor. Last time many ppls also believe in sure drop when May increase in quota arrive. Why u didnt hold on to this believe?

May to July COE quota increasing is diff from previous one, this time CAT B got significant 40% increase, CAT A only 9%, obviously CAT B sure drop dramatically, possible to below 30k 

Turbocharged

Dont be so sure hor. Last time many ppls also believe in sure drop when May increase in quota arrive. Why u didnt hold on to this believe?

Good point bro. When supply is fixed n complement it with a open bidding system, the pressure to get will set a natural resistance to how much COE can go down to. That level can be debated and each have their own number. Me thinks that line is $35k.

On the other hand the timing of demand which buyers think they have control on is unfortunately flawed. The ADs have enough strategies in their bag to stir that demand at different points.

My sense COE will stay within a range between $40K to $50K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1