2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Where to get rear bumper cover, to protect upper surface of the rear bumper?

Can get the original one from motorimage toa payoh. Or aftermarket ones from Tao bao or eBay

↡ Advertisement

Sepia Bronze is a new colour for Face Lifted models. The pre-FL colour is known as burnish brown if I am not wrong.

The stock rims are made by Enkei. Don't play play hor.

Don't play play indeed! It's very well made. If I recall correctly, enkei produces stock rims for a number of subaru cars too. :)

Hi, need yr advice. The Subaru workshop recommend to do major service every 20,000km, need to follow? My previuos Toyota do it every 40,000km (at Stamford Tyre).

Don't play play indeed! It's very well made. If I recall correctly, enkei produces stock rims for a number of subaru cars too. :)

Would it make sense to upgrade to the STI rims carried by Motor Image?

P.S. Hi all, I enjoyed reading your posts! They are very informative! I intend to purchase the Forester XT later this year.

The 2015 rims on the XT are 18x7.5, and this was reduced to 18x7 for the 2016 facelift model. Perhaps this was done to improve FC, at the expense of more roll which may be acceptable since these are SUVs and not sedans. For both the PCD is 5x100, and the offset is +48.

Thanks for sharing!

Just one correction... the 2015 pre-facelift xt are using 18x7 rims. If i recall correctly, so does the facelift xt. I stand to be corrected for the latter.

Hi, need yr advice. The Subaru workshop recommend to do major service every 20,000km, need to follow? My previuos Toyota do it every 40,000km (at Stamford Tyre).

I tght major is 30k,60k,90k etc?

Sepia Bronze is a new colour for Face Lifted models. The pre-FL colour is known as burnish brown if I am not wrong.

The stock rims are made by Enkei. Don't play play hor.

May I know how do you guys know that the rims are made by Enkei? Is it stated in the brochure?

I tght major is 30k,60k,90k etc?

Every car manufacturer have different maintenance practice i suppose, just service mine FXT 2 weeks ago for 10k mileage and the service advisor also tell me the next 10k is considered a major servicing that need one full day or maybe more time so need to send in early. My package is free 5years service maintenance so dun think he have a reason to bluff me.

Every car manufacturer have different maintenance practice i suppose, just service mine FXT 2 weeks ago for 10k mileage and the service advisor also tell me the next 10k is considered a major servicing that need one full day or maybe more time so need to send in early. My package is free 5years service maintenance so dun think he have a reason to bluff me.

5 yrs FREE? Very good leh, can save a few k.

Would it make sense to upgrade to the STI rims carried by Motor Image?

P.S. Hi all, I enjoyed reading your posts! They are very informative! I intend to purchase the Forester XT later this year.

Managed to attach a pic of the STI rims I was referring to. S$750 a piece. No detailed specs though. Worthwhile?

post-60563-0-75552800-1461659842_thumb.png

• Praise 1

"Enkei" is embossed on the rims!

May I know how do you guys know that the rims are made by Enkei? Is it stated in the brochure?

Managed to attach a pic of the STI rims I was referring to. S$750 a piece. No detailed specs though. Worthwhile?

If you are will to pay $750/rims... you'll be spoiled for choices in the aftermarket world. Unless you really really really really like the pictured sti rims. Else I would look else where. :)

• Praise 2

what specs do you want? these are cast rims from Enkei. at $750 you are approaching forged rim prices.

though there's nothing wrong with cast cos' I don't think most pple go for regular track days with Forester.

should be 18x7.5 offset 48 if I remember correctly. can always get specs from japan website.

and not all cast rims are poor, Enkei has their MAT process, ADVAN Racing are mostly cast as well yet these are one of the most popular racing rims.

Personnally, I would rather buy good cast rims from such brands than unknown brand (not track tested) forged rims... but that's just me... :)

there's a guy in the sf.sg fb grp that advertised this:

3. 18 Inches jdm legacy sti rims with 40% meat Goodyear asym2 $1100

chk the offset if it fits your ride

edit: it's 18x7.5jj, +55mm, 5x100

the offset is too much for frosty (which shld use the +48mm wheel), unless u wanna use spacer.

even the +48 will not be anywhere near flush, if this SJ is anything like the SF/SG/SH models.

so, perhaps the +55mm paired with 15mm spacers will be good, if you want the flush look.

whether new $750/pc worth or not is really subjective. If you like the rim design, it's worth it. I personally prefer thicker rim spokes.

Edited by JohnSHL

IMO, maybe passed that age already, if purely for aesthetics, I rather keep stock. Unless $750 per rim gives a better ride, or has safety enhancement, else I will still keep stock. That 3k can be better spent elsewhere. 

5 yrs FREE? Very good leh, can save a few k.

Of cos good lah. I paid for the 65K COE. That was last year when FXT was considered the bang for buck car to get. Compare to the FL FXT, I paid more for lesser specs. All thanks to COE.

↡ Advertisement