Join us at the SGCM Arcade Drive and win up to $27,000 discounts from Volkswagen and Škoda! Read more... ×

Hypersonic

my friend from Malaysia driving Honda CR-V 2.4, RM145k,

he told me Forester XT in Malaysia is RM220k, he is not affordable, even if Forester NA also RM155k,

how come is Singapore, it's opposite,

I cannot afford CR-V but can afford Forester :grin:  

is Singapore underrated Forester and overrated CRV or Malaysia overrated Forester and underrated CRV?

Malaysia Forester NA is locally assembly.

XT is imported from Japan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5th Gear

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

See link below, Top 6 most reliable car model in UK 2016 ranking.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016

my friend from Malaysia driving Honda CR-V 2.4, RM145k,

he told me Forester XT in Malaysia is RM220k, he is not affordable, even if Forester NA also RM155k,

how come is Singapore, it's opposite,

I cannot afford CR-V but can afford Forester :grin:  

is Singapore underrated Forester and overrated CRV or Malaysia overrated Forester and underrated CRV?

• Praise 1

5th Gear

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016

wah! 8 of 10 from Japan, 5 of 10 from Lexus, [thumbsup]

what about BMW, Merc, VW, Audi, Volvo, LR, Ford, KIA, Hyundai?

2nd Gear

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

Very comforting to know this :)

1st Gear

Very comforting to know this :)

I think FNA and FXT owners have a really good deal in Singapore from an OMV perspective. I really wonder how they manufacture it so cheap considering it comes from Japan. The FXT at 250 HP and 350Nm is even cheaper than a 1.6L Altis assembled in Thailand. There is just no comparison..

MI could have brought in the eyesight technology t

OMV comparison.bmp

2nd Gear (edited)

Nice. Congrats on getting the car!

Anyone got the new Sepia bronze recently? Can post some pictures?

20160416_184034_zpsavmyuuja.jpg

sepia%20bronze_zpsf7xgumnx.jpg

Edited by Newkid

4th Gear

I am looking to rims for performance and FC benefits. I can totally understand if anyone is doing it for looks. To each his own.

For BBK, crucial to check that the rims can clear. I think offset of at least 49 or wider rims (8.5) is necessary for the Forester. Bear in mind that wider rims while generally believed to achieve better road holding, will lead to stiffer turning and worse FC. 

STi 18" has always been able to clear the 4P/2P Brembo / STi calipers used on WRX.

a lot of 17" also will clear this Brembo setup.

as for FC.... I seriously don't think it will really matter for XT, maybe NA bah. I don't ever feel FC improved on my Prodrives / Volk Racing compared to stock rims.... unless u drive really really gently with this car...

Neutral Newbie

Finally collecting my FNA tomorrow...less than 1 month to get my COE (w a 8 bid NG) and a 3 weeks wait for car collection (could be earlier if not for Motor Show).

Anyway, all's good and it is going to be Sleepless in Singapore tonight...

Neutral Newbie

Finally collecting my FNA tomorrow...less than 1 month to get my COE (w a 8 bid NG) and a 3 weeks wait for car collection (could be earlier if not for Motor Show).

Congrats! What color you selected? I just booked one with Sepia Bronze Metallic, a super special color even myself don't have any idea what it really look like.

1st Gear

I am looking to rims for performance and FC benefits. I can totally understand if anyone is doing it for looks. To each his own.

For BBK, crucial to check that the rims can clear. I think offset of at least 49 or wider rims (8.5) is necessary for the Forester. Bear in mind that wider rims while generally believed to achieve better road holding, will lead to stiffer turning and worse FC.

Keep the 3k and not worry about fuel consumption... Can pump extra 1500 litre abt 15000 km of mileage?

1st Gear

Congratulations...

Am waiting for my SE to confirm collection date :)

1st Gear

20160416_184034_zpsavmyuuja.jpg

sepia%20bronze_zpsf7xgumnx.jpg

Thanks, definitely looks darker than the burnish bronze :)

5th Gear (edited)

I think FNA and FXT owners have a really good deal in Singapore from an OMV perspective. I really wonder how they manufacture it so cheap considering it comes from Japan. The FXT at 250 HP and 350Nm is even cheaper than a 1.6L Altis assembled in Thailand. There is just no comparison..

MI could have brought in the eyesight technology t

attachicon.gifOMV comparison.bmp

I'm thinking whether some performance and features were compromised,

safety feature: 7 airbags??? who verify? 

Bhp: 250??? tested?

Nm: 350Nm, highly doubt

Edited by MQX87511

Hypersonic

Singapore spec is 240bhp lah.

250hp is for US market.

3rd Gear

Hi guys, does the XT have low tire pressure sensor?

No.

Turbocharged

Errrr. Why you say so leh?
↡ Advertisement