2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I'm thinking whether some performance and features were compromised,

safety feature: 7 airbags??? who verify? 

Bhp: 250??? tested?

Nm: 350Nm, highly doubt

My mother in law drives an Altis. While it is a good car, reliable and everything you will expect from Toyota, it is just a car to get from point A to point B with no surprises and feel good factor.

Considering that, I actually feel very happy to own a Forester because of the excitement you get every time you get into the car knowing it costs less (once again OMW point of view) than an Altis :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My mother in law drives an Altis. While it is a good car, reliable and everything you will expect from Toyota, it is just a car to get from point A to point B with no surprises and feel good factor.

Considering that, I actually feel very happy to own a Forester because of the excitement you get every time you get into the car knowing it costs less (once again OMW point of view) than an Altis :)

During the time I signed, Forester NA was 101k and Altis was going at 102K so literally it was really cheaper in dollar sense...
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Congrats! What color you selected? I just booked one with Sepia Bronze Metallic, a super special color even myself don't have any idea what it really look like.

Mine is blue. Not to worry, bronze is a good choice if you are not into the popular colours like white, silver or black.

For me I think the guaranteed bid is only worth it if it is guaranteed that COE will spike.

When I went to MI, the SE told me the guaranteed price. I then asked him how much if non-guaranteed, he said 2K off. I was sure that the COE will be stable around that price or drop so I asked for non-guaranteed. This was also because my car had 2 years left and I was ok with not getting the Subaru this year anyway.

The next round of COE bidding immediately after the booking I got it (2 biddings ago). My feel is that MI (like most dealers) is just trying to make the extra 2K by touting a non-guaranteed bid. The advantage to them is of course if the COE really rocketed, then MI can get out of the deal that became too expensive for them.

Edited by Slowcat

Hi all. Any one of you guys bought the XT with guaranteed COE? After how many bids did you able to get the COE?

I got it at 4th bid. I think when we can get COE are base on when our car arrived in Singapore.

I plonked for the guaranteed deal because it's only $1k discount for NG at that time. My deal was signed during the $38k COE week when the Forester price had a significant drop. I assumed that it will shoot right back up the following week, so went with it. And the COE did went straight back up and now the same car I bought cost $13k more. Phew....

I plonked for the guaranteed deal because it's only $1k discount for NG at that time. My deal was signed during the $38k COE week when the Forester price had a significant drop. I assumed that it will shoot right back up the following week, so went with it. And the COE did went straight back up and now the same car I bought cost $13k more. Phew....

Niceeeee

I bought around the same period as well so thought I had a very good deal. Although I think the folks that will buy from May - Jul period might get the best deal because of the increase in Cat B quota. Let's see how the ADs revise their strategies or maybe they wouldn't and let the COE sky dive which I am sure the guys that are hanging in there on a hunt will look forward to :)

Edited by sfym

I got it at 4th bid. I think when we can get COE are base on when our car arrived in Singapore.

Thanks for all the reply guys. I booked a ex-stock XT, hope can get it in next week bidding.... Hope I will be lucky.

I bought around the same period as well so thought I had a very good deal. Although I think the folks that will buy from May - Jul period might get the best deal because of the increase in Cat B quota. Let's see how the ADs revise their strategies or maybe they wouldn't and let the COE sky dive which I am sure the guys that are hanging in there on a hunt will look forward to :)

Let's hope those still waiting for their COEs get them at a price they are comfortable with. COEs are so unpredictable with too many factors involved. Cannot die die depend on trends or 'predicted' release of more COEs. There are the silent demands everyone tends to bypass in their equation. Best of luck to the bidders...for a drop in COE. Good to see more Subaru cars on the roads recently.

Thanks for all the reply guys. I booked a ex-stock XT, hope can get it in next week bidding.... Hope I will be lucky.

I think I know you... 

Neutral Newbie

I'm sure this has been discussed before, just wanna check whats the normal waiting time to car collection after registration. Is 5 working days the norm?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, just wanna check whats the normal waiting time to car collection after registration. Is 5 working days the norm?

My car is being registered tomorrow, and I collect next Tuesday or wed.

I am one of those weird ones that delayed getting the car. Cos CO away and I want to get together with her.

Neutral Newbie

my car registered and collection on the same day. Registered morning. Collection Evening.

Neutral Newbie

my car registered and collection on the same day. Registered morning. Collection Evening.

Interesting... my car is registered today.. and my se kept telling me he needs 5 working days to prep the car. Can't mi prep the car first before registrating...
↡ Advertisement