2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi all! I am about to sign on the dotted line for a Forester NA... Can i find out if the new FL FNA instrument cluster (the one in between the speedometer and RPM meter) is the same one as the FXT? 

My test drive FNA shows the old instrument cluster, but the brochures and internet shows another type used on FXT.

New:

instrument_cluster.jpg

Old:

11321_g84_b.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Hi all! I am about to sign on the dotted line for a Forester NA... Can i find out if the new FL FNA instrument cluster (the one in between the speedometer and RPM meter) is the same one as the FXT?

My test drive FNA shows the old instrument cluster, but the brochures and internet shows another type used on FXT.

New:

instrument_cluster.jpg

Old:

11321_g84_b.jpg

I think NA still using the old design.

New:

Old:

I think FNA and FXT has different panel, but I think MI will have a Forester Premium soon... meaning it is not a turbocharged car but has some parts similar to FXT, the front fog light looks different to FNA and FXT too. Look at the Forester brochure and you should be able to see photos of these 3 different models. 

By the way, I got the COE yesterday. FXT coming soon :D

Neutral Newbie

From news,

Motor traders said buying interest whipped up by the annual Cars @ Expo contributed to the bidding frenzy. Organiser Singapore Press Holdings estimated 1,400 cars were sold at the event two weekends ago.

But the bids-to-quota ratio yesterday was lower at 1.6, compared with 1.7 at the previous tender two weeks ago.

This indicates that even though there were fewer bids, the value of bids was higher.

One reason for this is the boom in the private-hire sector, fuelled by companies such as Uber, Grab and SMRT.

At yesterday's tender, Uber-owned Lion City Rental was successful in all its 90 bids in the Open category with bids as high as $50,902.

I think NA still using the old design.

You're right. According to the brochure from MI, the FXT has the newer panel cluster than the FNA.

Brochure finally available for the facelift Forester?

i thought just facelifted this year, now facelift again??

if you mean the premium, Japan already have them for their domestic market.

there's even X-Break NA versions which are available in Japan only, and these come in 3 special colors...

How do we activate the Forester headlamp washer? Or is there any at all?  

On ur headlights, and pull ur normal windscreen washer lever ... the headlight washer will pop up as well.

• Praise 1

On ur headlights, and pull ur normal windscreen washer lever ... the headlight washer will pop up as well.

Ahh i see... thanks bro. Me damn swakoo haha 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

se told me black edition is not value for $. can do it outside, anyone upgrade your ride to black edition outside? any suggestion?

Edited by jedi2804

How do we activate the Forester headlamp washer? Or is there any at all?

Activate the main washer for more than 3 seconds and the headlight washers will be activated.

se told me black edition is not value for $. can do it outside, anyone upgrade your ride to black edition outside? any suggestion?

I was told by SE not to get the black edition. But I think it's up to individual on what's worth to them.

The front and rear lip kit can get outside. But to get the seat cover, red trimmings maybe a little too much work. It still comes down to what kind of look you are after for your Forester and the budget.

Activate the main washer for more than 3 seconds and the headlight washers will be activated.

I was told by SE not to get the black edition. But I think it's up to individual on what's worth to them.

The front and rear lip kit can get outside. But to get the seat cover, red trimmings maybe a little too much work. It still comes down to what kind of look you are after for your Forester and the budget.

Agreed. The black edition is only worth it to the owner if he/she really likes the STI seats which have alcantara and red stitching. Alcantara is nice to feel but maintenance can be a chore becos it's suede. I think gear knob also have red stitching but it's a minor detail

The STI front lip can be ordered from japanparts.com but it's not cheap including shipping. If I recall, it's close to $1K. IMO, The rear lip is not worth it as it's quite expensive for its small size and not noticeable

Solar film block 3 things :

(1) Visible light transmission - how much light is blocked. This is regulated by LTA.

(2) heat - Caused by infra red rays

(3) Ultra violet - can cause cancer if exposed for Long.

Heat is mainly caused by Infra Red. UV Ray on the other hand is "cool" and blue in Color. Check out a fake currency detector. It use UV light. However UV Rays is more dangerous than Infra Red rays. Constant exposure to UV rays have been known to cause skin cancer.

If I am not mistaken MI solar film specs as follow

(1) VLT - compliant with LTA

- lighter in front while darker at the rear

(2) UVR - 99% - very high specs

(3) IRR - 55% front, 60% back - mid level specs

If you want to get solar film that rejects heat up to 90 % be prepared to pay more than $1K for it.

Don't think there are any solar film can withstand the heat we are having now. Try get sunshades to complement. Alternatively don't park in the open la during afternoons.

Thanks bro for the note.

Come across something called "sun shade or laser shade".

Not sure if this type can help to reduce the heat ?

Can call MI to check. I'm not sure if they have the front and back screen shades. The $180 quoted are for the 6 side window panels.

Hi bro... Have u installed the sun shade ? Is it effective to reduce the sun heat ?

(edited)

Thanks bro for the note.

Come across something called "sun shade or laser shade".

Not sure if this type can help to reduce the heat ?

Hi bro... Have u installed the sun shade ? Is it effective to reduce the sun heat ?

Some of us just did a group order for the laser shades. Our orders coming in mid May. All sets already reserved in this batch for Forester. Next batch will be in Jun/Jul. Did not get from MI because they are selling groovy shades which uses clips instead of magnets on the laser shades.

It will further improve the UV protection but not too sure about solar heat rejection properties. But it will definitely reduce glare for the passengers and maybe help a little with direct sunlight on the skin.

Edited by razor54
↡ Advertisement