2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Agreed. The black edition is only worth it to the owner if he/she really likes the STI seats which have alcantara and red stitching. Alcantara is nice to feel but maintenance can be a chore becos it's suede. I think gear knob also have red stitching but it's a minor detail

The STI front lip can be ordered from japanparts.com but it's not cheap including shipping. If I recall, it's close to $1K. IMO, The rear lip is not worth it as it's quite expensive for its small size and not noticeable

you can't really say the rear lip not worth it. STI aero parts are all tested to improve downforce and improve stability during high speed. of cos if one doesn't do NS highway often then not really needed.

but I wonder if what the SE says is true. get outside but install where? doesn't it void the warranty?

I wonder what warranty does it void when one installs STI strutbar by himself? suspension?

front lip -> bumper?

rear spoiler -> bumper?

↡ Advertisement

you can't really say the rear lip not worth it. STI aero parts are all tested to improve downforce and improve stability during high speed. of cos if one doesn't do NS highway often then not really needed.

but I wonder if what the SE says is true. get outside but install where? doesn't it void the warranty?

I wonder what warranty does it void when one installs STI strutbar by himself? suspension?

front lip -> bumper?

rear spoiler -> bumper?

That's y I said IMO: in my opinion. There are other mods which are better value for $. Different strokes for different folks...

What warranty on the bumper are you concerned with? It's a part which pp rarely claims warranty for... the sti front and rear lips are quite straightforward to install at outside workshops. Can go to BMS or BKS which are familiar with Subaru

Hi all,

In the midst of working out with SE on the numbers on the XT.

Question:

Anyone bought parts like front & back lip, black grill, strut bar, rims from http://www.subaru.jp/accessory/forester/item/#p_sti. ?

Will MI void warranty if these parts came from Japan Subaru ?

My humble apologies if this was answered back in the 200+ pages on this topic...

Don't think u can order from the Subaru official website. they will refer you to local agent motorimage which doesn't currently sell the black edition parts

(edited)

Hi, guys.  Wanting to get a heavier/safer car so now looking to the Forester instead of HRV/Vezel.  I have seen almost all Youtube videos but none review the navigation system, and have not found any posts here that comment on it.  Is it as good as using Google maps?  By the way, I have not driven cars with built in navigation..thanks

Edited by Rachdanom

2nd Gear

Hi, guys. Wanting to get a heavier/safer car so now looking to the Forester instead of HRV/Vezel. I have seen almost all Youtube videos but none review the navigation system, and have not found any posts here that comment on it. Is it as good as using Google maps? By the way, I have not driven cars with built in navigation..thanks

BecaUse no gps in forester. Have to get separate unit.

(edited)

BecaUse no gps in forester. Have to get separate unit.

You mean have to use another unit like my phone to navigate? Or have to get some separate gps unit to make the inbuilt one work?

Sorry in advance, I am a newbie as currently I just use my phone and put it on my lap when I need to use navigation occasionally.

Edited by Rachdanom

2nd Gear

You mean have to use another unit like my phone to navigate? Or have to get some separate gps unit to make the inbuilt one work?

Sorry in advance, I am a newbie as currently I just use my phone and put it on my lap when I need to use navigation occasionally.

I am also newbie :)

Yes separate unit like phone or a marbella

I think unless you change to head unit to something that has navigation in it.

Hypersonic

I always use the phone GPS.

It's better you buy a phone holder for your car. It only cost only $10++.

I always use the phone GPS.

It's better you buy a phone holder for your car. It only cost only $10++.

Thanks @Jthl and @Tohto  I can't praise your posts yet as it says I do not have enough points. :-)

Got my XT a week ago, clocked ~500km. My experience with XT so far :

- Came from saloon, XT sits higher, great view with good forward visibility on the road.

- Compared to my previous ride (06' Mercedes E, 160+hp/240NM), road/wind noise insulation of XT is acceptable. But, have not driven on NSHW yet. So, can't tell how XT score in road/wind noise at expressway speed.

- XT's 230+hp/350NM power is best delivered smoothly. I think FC will deteriorates significantly under hard acceleration driving style. Overall, IMHO, FC is not the strength of XT.

- The AWD performs well, considered its height. Corners feel wheels well planted, with very little body roll. So far, not observed any rattling sound, indicated a well built chassis/body. A pleasant surprise to me, actually.

- I replaced the stock tinted films, which I felt the heat rejection performance did not meet my expectations.

- When paired with my Android phone, the head unit can read (read out in voice) my SMS and E-mails. The only missing 'nice to have' is the GPS.

- The reverse camera is great, with 'green/yellow/red projection lines'.

- Overall and so far, a pleasant driving/owning experience.

Driven almost 3,500km, since took ownership of my new FXT end March 16. On NSHW and feedback to share :

- sits higher than sedan, can view the opposite traffic across the center barrier. During raining times, mists from front vehicles had little impact to the visibility due to the higher seating.

- the power/torque is so addictive ! One needs some strong discipline and driving maturity, to not exceeding legal speed excessively...

- I think i switched off "recycle air" and let fresh air into the cabin. At times of turbo kicking in, possibly introduced warmer engine air into the cabin, for a while thought that air conditioner cooling capacity reduced at NSHW speed.

- Wind noise at NSHW speed was a notch down compared to my previous 2006 Mercedes E-Class (W211), but overall acceptable and exceed my expectation. (Not a fair comparison to E-Class which had $53k OMV)

To sum up, I am enjoying every minute of my FXT !

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Driven almost 3,500km, since took ownership of my new FXT end March 16. On NSHW and feedback to share :

- sits higher than sedan, can view the opposite traffic across the center barrier. During raining times, mists from front vehicles had little impact to the visibility due to the higher seating.

- the power/torque is so addictive ! One needs some strong discipline and driving maturity, to not exceeding legal speed excessively...

- I think i switched off "recycle air" and let fresh air into the cabin. At times of turbo kicking in, possibly introduced warmer engine air into the cabin, for a while thought that air conditioner cooling capacity reduced at NSHW speed.

- Wind noise at NSHW speed was a notch down compared to my previous 2006 Mercedes E-Class (W211), but overall acceptable and exceed my expectation. (Not a fair comparison to E-Class which had $53k OMV)

And you can get another XV from the price difference
  • Praise 2

One more to add :

- IMHO, the LED (low & high) beams are great, and certainly projects a sense of 'luxury' presence on the road.   

One more to add :

- IMHO, the LED (low & high) beams are great, and certainly projects a sense of 'luxury' presence on the road.   

Does it come with auto-levelling mechanism? I agree it looks great on the road! 

Does it come with auto-levelling mechanism? I agree it looks great on the road! 

Not sure about 'auto-levelling', but it doesn't come with a knob to adjust the beam height. And so far not observed by my eyes (may be my eye sights not too good to detect this...)  So, probably no 'auto-levelling'. But, it comes with this feature, turns with the wheel direction. 

Hi Bros, just to share a bit on my impression of the forester after a short test drive.

Went to test drive Forester 2.0, 2.0xt, qashqai 1.2tT, and qashqai 2.0 ytd (Sunday). Previously driven Mazda CX5 2.0 and Honda CRV 2.0 before. This afternoon, went back sign the deal for forester 2.0xt... Its pure poison.. Addictive turbo, really easily to drive even light footed, strong brakes. 

The qashqai 1.2T was a huge disappointment, and I'm curious to see so many of them on the roads nowadays??? Engine rev till 1.5 rpm, 1.8k rpm, 2k rpm, all i hear is engine noise, the car didn't quite move... Its only > 2k rpm then the turbo kicks in and the car can move normally. The 2.0L was a lot more predictable and easier to drive. But of course, it has lesser power and struggles a bit when overtaking or sudden acceleration.

Hopefully can get coe on 18 May ;)

Anyone did paint protection on your Forester? Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3