2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

Some owner here claims theirs only average 9km/ltr and 1 or 2 even never achieve above 8km+/ltr. Very contrasting fm yours of 12.3/ltr.

Car with full tank is heavier than say 1/4 tank, so FC should be higher theoriticaly right?

MI specs is 11.8km/L for XT and 12.2km/L for NA.

In actual most car will average about 2km/L less fm specs stated. All my previous cars are the same. So your 12.3km/L achievement is dam good! Its better than most korean make with front wheel drive only.

I think FC is pretty much dependent on the driver. I used to drive a 2.5L V6 and achievement 12km+/L in mixed driving. Those more powerful cars can actually achieve some pretty surprising good FC coz they only require you to step lightly on the accelerator pedal to move on. I hope i can hit 10km/L with my incoming XT. Anyway, i'm average footed and not those very light footed drivers. I dun accelerate fast from stop, but I do try to keep up with traffic flow. Always take 1st lane in HW too. 

Glad that I secured my coe today at 1st bid! My contract with MI is actually a 8 bid non-guaranteed, but somehow they did it in just 1 bid. Now waiting for car collection which will be before end of May. 

Edited by mrhan1982
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I think FC is pretty much dependent on the driver. I used to drive a 2.5L V6 and achievement 12km+/L in mixed driving. Those more powerful cars can actually achieve some pretty surprising good FC coz they only require you to step lightly on the accelerator pedal to move on. I hope i can hit 10km/L with my incoming XT. Anyway, i'm average footed and not those very light footed drivers. I dun accelerate fast from stop, but I do try to keep up with traffic flow. Always take 1st lane in HW too.

Glad that I secured my coe today at 1st bid! My contract with MI is actually a 8 bid non-guaranteed, but somehow they did it in just 1 bid. Now waiting for car collection which will be before end of May.

Imho, if you can average 10km/L, it is very good FC for the XT. Do feedback yr FC after sometime.

Congrats on yr new drive and enjoy the ride!

(edited)

Just kacau.. The NA does surprise many.. Not many 2.L SUV or even a sedan can get that kind of FC.. U use 95 or 98?

Esso 95.

And i dont drive miss daisy... if anyone wondering abt my driving style.

Edited by Icecube187
  • Praise 1

Hi jus wana check if the NA can take Ron 92 petrol? Read some where tat the subaru manual states min Ron for NA is 90.

Thanks in advance

I think its indicated on my petrol cap Ron 95...

Need to check

Neutral Newbie

I think its indicated on my petrol cap Ron 95...

Need to check

Oso read in tis thread some SE mentioned can pump 92

I managed to hit 12.3km/ltr for my 2.0i-L. 60%highway. The FC is pretty good compared for its weight and engine capacity

After 6 months of ownership, my FXT best mileage is from full tank to almost empty can clock 630km. Worst is 480km.

After 6 months of ownership, my FXT best mileage is from full tank to almost empty can clock 630km. Worst is 480km.

So far after 2 months with the FXT, best I've achieved from full tank to fuel indicator lighting up is 540km.

On an average, it's around 9-11km/L per tank depending on more highway or more urban.

I think it's very reasonable FC for a car with such power output. The power is pretty addictive I must say. Enjoying every drive in the car, rain or shine.

So far after 2 months with the FXT, best I've achieved from full tank to fuel indicator lighting up is 540km.

On an average, it's around 9-11km/L per tank depending on more highway or more urban.

I think it's very reasonable FC for a car with such power output. The power is pretty addictive I must say. Enjoying every drive in the car, rain or shine.

Thats about the actual FC. From indicator on to empty , it should usually have another 50km to 80km fuel left in the tank. So total milage is about 600km/tank of 60 litre = 10km/L

This is almost same as my 6yrs 1.6L hyundai avante averaging 10-10.5km/L. Considering the FXT is a 2.0L turbo, it is condsidered good.

Mata girl say: I hate you, I hate you, why u have I boh.......woo woo..weep weep.

Sorry bro, my mata girl 因爱生恨, she too addicted to the XT Liao, if XT price still go up some more...I cannot imagine what she will do :p

Congratulation on your new ride:D

wah! Japan domestic FXT 206KW equal to 280bhp, how come it give other countries only fark 177KW/238bhp :a-aggressive:

May be to give flexibility to tune ? And all the way to 320bhp/400N-m is possible ?

Hypersonic

wah! Japan domestic FXT 206KW equal to 280bhp, how come it give other countries only fark 177KW/238bhp :a-aggressive:

I think in Japan, the XT will likely need to use the Ron 100 petrol to get the 280bhp output.

Most others country only had Ron 98.

USA XT are tuned to 250bhp.

I noticed that a lot of comments here about how they derive the FC is via

- See mileage covered from full tank till low fuel indicator; or

- based on the readings as stated on the monitor

But I think the best and most accurate way to calculate FC is to reset the tripometer to zero after pumping full tank and then on the next time you pump to full tank again, take note of how much fuel is actually pumped as indicated on the receipt and divide by the mileage shown on the tripometer.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I noticed that a lot of comments here about how they derive the FC is via

- See mileage covered from full tank till low fuel indicator; or

- based on the readings as stated on the monitor

But I think the best and most accurate way to calculate FC is to reset the tripometer to zero after pumping full tank and then on the next time you pump to full tank again, take note of how much fuel is actually pumped as indicated on the receipt and divide by the mileage shown on the tripometer.

My record for last 4 tank. Top is manual calculation (Distance/L). Bottom is from FC meter (already converted to km/L)

It was recorded in excel but I can't copy and paste.

FC (km) 9.717,  9.331,  9.286,  10.023

Meter FC 10.64,  10.00, 10.00,  10.64

Edited by Tohto

May be to give flexibility to tune ? And all the way to 320bhp/400N-m is possible ?

After market tuning might short mechanical parts lifespan, its structure cannot tahan so high power and torque

(edited)

My record for last 4 tank. Top is manual calculation (Distance/L). Bottom is from FC meter (already converted to km/L)

It was recorded in excel but I can't copy and paste.

FC (km) 9.717,  9.331,  9.286,  10.023

Meter FC 10.64,  10.00, 10.00,  10.64

Yes, I also noted that the onboard FC meter shows a better FC as compared to actual.

Averaging out 4 tanks, my NA FC is 11km/ltr, for 70% city 30% highway.

Edited by Icecube187

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I also noted that the onboard FC meter shows a better FC as compared to actual.

Averaging out 4 tanks, my NA FC is 11km/ltr, for 70% city 30% highway.

Hi Bro

For ur NA u using Ron 95? Wondering if NA can use 92

Hi Bro

For ur NA u using Ron 95? Wondering if NA can use 92

Ron 92 and 95 not much price difference.

Not worth the risk for the car which is worth more than $100K. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1