2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Neutral Newbie

Ron 92 and 95 not much price difference.

Not worth the risk for the car which is worth more than $100K.

True also
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Ron 92 and 95 not much price difference.

Not worth the risk for the car which is worth more than $100K. 

Fully agreed. already spend so much money here and still want to save a few $$ per month on petrol.

The Malaysia assembly plant is owned by TCMA(Which is different from TCIL), not MI.

TC Subaru Sdn Bhd(owned by Motor Image International Pte Ltd) have an agreement with TCMA to assemble the cars. TCMA also assemble cars for brands like Nissan, Mitsubishi and Renault.

Not only Singapore, as I believe Philippines's Subarus also from Japan factory.

My bad - not MI but sister company TCMA - or actually, more father son companies?   :-)

Hi Bro

For ur NA u using Ron 95? Wondering if NA can use 92

For some other countries can but for Singapore, CANNOT as the version sent here is tuned for RON 95.

Anything lower will likely cause problem to the vehicle and void warranty.

True also

From my experience, higher grade petrol gives better milage on the same car. I tried both 98 and 95. 98 always gave me higher milage/tank than 95. So cheaper 95 = less milage

In the end total cost about the same. Higher grade petrol burns more efficiently thus smoother engine performance.

My record for last 4 tank. Top is manual calculation (Distance/L). Bottom is from FC meter (already converted to km/L)

It was recorded in excel but I can't copy and paste.

FC (km) 9.717,  9.331,  9.286,  10.023

Meter FC 10.64,  10.00, 10.00,  10.64

That's pretty decent FC for a 2.0L. :a-good: Considering I'm getting similar FC on my 9yr old Lancer GLX 1.6

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

After a period of consideration. Aim to get 2.0i forester coming this fews mth.

As this is the first car im going to purchase. Any guru here can share of your purchase price, freebies, insurance premium (i got NCD from Malaysia), loan interest. 

Anything need to take note before sign the dotted line.

Thanks for comment and feedback.

After market tuning might short mechanical parts lifespan, its structure cannot tahan so high power and torque

Within means can la. Subarus are strong dont do nonsense over the limit modes and you have a car that will make you grin all the time.. 10yrs on mine still make me smile :)

wah! Japan domestic FXT 206KW equal to 280bhp, how come it give other countries only fark 177KW/238bhp :a-aggressive:

If i am not mistaken its the new wrx power. Cant remember now exactly but a simple tune will get it up to wrx power without any add ons.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Within means can la. Subarus are strong dont do nonsense over the limit modes and you have a car that will make you grin all the time.. 10yrs on mine still make me smile :)

If i am not mistaken its the new wrx power. Cant remember now exactly but a simple tune will get it up to wrx power without any add ons.

FXT should be same engine as WRX. Just different tuning only.

Hi,

After a period of consideration. Aim to get 2.0i forester coming this fews mth.

As this is the first car im going to purchase. Any guru here can share of your purchase price, freebies, insurance premium (i got NCD from Malaysia), loan interest. 

Anything need to take note before sign the dotted line.

Thanks for comment and feedback.

Must bo mata....another one addicted ...hahahaha

After market tuning might short mechanical parts lifespan, its structure cannot tahan so high power and torque

For my usage on SG road and occasional trips up north, 230+bhp/350N-m good enough.   

Did anyone find the 5 digit PIN thing useful? Is there like an alarm or something if someone tries a code wrongly repeatedly?

Did anyone find the 5 digit PIN thing useful? Is there like an alarm or something if someone tries a code wrongly repeatedly?

5 digit PIN for door unlock?

Used mainly by runners/joggers so that they do not need to carry anything with them when they run.

I used it very often when I go for my soccer sessions. It's a very useful feature. I don't believe there is an alarm.

Hypersonic

oh, thanks. what do you guys used for sun block?

Important is good IR and UV rejection. You will not feel the heat even there is light coming in.

(edited)

*deleted*

Asked a dumb question but I found the answer on google

Edited by Tunge

5 digit PIN for door unlock?

Used mainly by runners/joggers so that they do not need to carry anything with them when they run.

Haha

The one time i tried it, I ended up with a locked car at bedok reservoir and my key trapped inside... Not sure if my sweaty finger was confusing the touchpad or if i had just remembered it wrong, but all I got was a blinking red light not the healthy click of doors unlocking...

Ended up having to jog home, take a cab to my office for the spare key, take a bus back to the reservoir... my 5pm jogging session finally finished about 11pm.

Once bitten twice shy, most running shorts have an internal key pocket, just take the key fob with me.....

• Praise 2

Haha

The one time i tried it, I ended up with a locked car at bedok reservoir and my key trapped inside... Not sure if my sweaty finger was confusing the touchpad or if i had just remembered it wrong, but all I got was a blinking red light not the healthy click of doors unlocking...

Ended up having to jog home, take a cab to my office for the spare key, take a bus back to the reservoir... my 5pm jogging session finally finished about 11pm.

Once bitten twice shy, most running shorts have an internal key pocket, just take the key fob with me.....

Is the system so smart to have detected your key inside the car, thus disabling the PIN code?
↡ Advertisement