2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

My FXT price is base on $38k COE. I signed for 6 bid NG.

The COE for my FXT is $47k. And they revise my bid on the the final mins to $49k+.

So a price different of $10k on the COE should not be a problem.

Yours is Fxt. Current bidder that miss their 4th bid is NA. Does both margin the same? or NA is better?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

if driver of the black FL Forester STi black edition at ARC this morning is here, nice ride with the GC05 and Brembos.... [wave]

• Praise 1

Hmm, dunno if i got hear wrongly haaa.

i think it adds about 8-10kg for all 4 doors. i'm already 100kg, so 10kg is nuttin hehehe....

I think wrong lah, bro, not that it makes any difference in your case. I'm still on the fence, hahah.

8-10kg in total seems great for bitumen-based insulation panels. I wonder how much lighter the foam-based Clasani door insulation panels would be. What did you say your weight estimate was for our Clasani undercarriage coatings?

• Praise 1

My SE did not mention about stock arrival...but now she don't sound so confident as compare when I signed.

She even suggest top up to increase COE chances...

I would say it depends if you need the car urgently. Some may had sold off their car and would need a new car very soon, hence go for top up. COE had rocketed since then but MI bidded higher than the COE we got (at least for me). I would say if COE drop a little in the next one or two bid, we

stand a good chance of securing. There are 4 bids still so if you can wait, I suggest wait and see how it goes during the next 2. consider only top up if still can't get after that. My thoughts. Btw, how much did MI bid for you during the last few bids, is it far off?

• Praise 1

Nope..my tyres are on michelin pss 19 inch..but then it might be becos its 19inch..but what i am trying to point here is that the insulation is not as good as many here think that conti cars will be..my previous lexus IS is one super quiet car..very lexus quiet.. :)

Insulation btw Lexus and BMW.  Of course, lexus win big time.  Otherwise, how could someone tell the judge that she run over cyclist w/o hearing it?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Insulation btw Lexus and BMW. Of course, lexus win big time. Otherwise, how could someone tell the judge that she run over cyclist w/o hearing it?

maybe the next bmw driver to run over a cyclist can use the alibi he cannot hear it because his car too loud

all atas cars....judge may also accept

• Praise 1

I think wrong lah, bro, not that it makes any difference in your case. I'm still on the fence, hahah.

8-10kg in total seems great for bitumen-based insulation panels. I wonder how much lighter the foam-based Clasani door insulation panels would be. What did you say your weight estimate was for our Clasani undercarriage coatings?

Yeah the bitumen sample feels heavy. The door feels heavier and less hollow. I was told the clasani undercarriage coating weighs about 10kg. So now my car is 1670kg + 20kg = 1690kg. This is same weight as BMW 5 series Liao. Almost 1.7 ton. Plus me just nice 1.7 ton.

The thing about sound proofing is that once u get used to the quieter ride, u tend to take it for granted after a while. Until u go take other people's rides then u will appreciate your ride again. Lol...

• Praise 1

nice soundproof. Can MI do it for non Subaru car?

Wanna check with fellow XT owner, can check if ur audio system is type A or B? Cause I can't set the EQ for mine. Was told the audio system with EQ function has better sound.

Change Shock. Good for forester.

Did u do the plastic blackdip for ur front grill?
  • Praise 1

Hi all ,

Been reading this forum.

Currently driving Volvo S60 ,,looking for suv, have not own before, looking for something different.

Test drove the forester 2.0xt, Audi q3, BMW X1, qasqhai, xtrail....

Finally decided on forester, the Nissan xtrail a little breathless, q3 is very plain n bare bone, X1 is nice but drive is not as nice. Besides xtrail, q3 is 30+k more n X1 is $60k more, list price to list price compare, not worth that kind of dollar.

From drive and feature perspective, it's paying for the batch mostly, but finishing is much better in the German camp, especially x1, but not worth even taking that into consideration. Also looked at q5, n x3, both exiting model and 100+k more....

One more thing, Audi SE ask me to try the brand new a4, actually it's rather good, even the 1.4 is quite good,,finishing is much much better than q3, price same as q3, make the q3 look even worse, but not looking for sedan.

Forester, especially the xt is well equipped and finishing and built is not bad at all, not too shabby considering the huge price difference, with a more superior drive and power, the huge price difference gets even wider and make the premium German camp looks even more "poor proposition"

Anyway to each his own, that just my 2 cents.

So booked the xt, at $126800 after all so called discount

Non guarantee COE 8 bids

COE rebate is at $50000

Pearl white Color

Change leather to red, not Chilli red but a darker little brownish red

Added front and back camera.

Freebie, not much...gotten 3A matt and manage to get SE to throw in auto fold for door mirror.

Was told by SE, latest registered customer the OMV is $20555, due to stronger yen, not sure how true.

Just check with owners here, what's the average number of bids under non guarantee scheme to successful.

I am a little puzzle with latest COE for CAT B at $57500, an increase of $1500 the price no change, how this will impact success rate of COE bidding.....though been owning few cars over the years still rather confuse how this stupid COE works, hahahaha

Bro can share is there any switch for the autofolding side mirror?

What is the damage?

Driving the xt for a month still cant get used to manually fold/unfold the side mirror  :secret-laugh:  

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I would say it depends if you need the car urgently. Some may had sold off their car and would need a new car very soon, hence go for top up. COE had rocketed since then but MI bidded higher than the COE we got (at least for me). I would say if COE drop a little in the next one or two bid, we

stand a good chance of securing. There are 4 bids still so if you can wait, I suggest wait and see how it goes during the next 2. consider only top up if still can't get after that. My thoughts. Btw, how much did MI bid for you during the last few bids, is it far off?

I think they bid 53k on last two round. Not sure about other. Maybe that is the max MI willing to bid for end may FNA orders.

Bro can share is there any switch for the autofolding side mirror?

What is the damage?

Driving the xt for a month still cant get used to manually fold/unfold the side mirror :secret-laugh:

Was told with the module installed, when lock the mirror will auto fold n unlock auto open. No switch.

The damage is $150. I ask the SE to throw in. Think can get done cheaper outside, but think of hassle if got issue, etc blaming for doing outside warranty etc I think it's worth to pay for that prevention.

Me just booked, earliest is mid August if can get COE for August 1st bid.

How to check COE bid status? Since buyer name IC is used to bid.

I think they bid 53k on last two round. Not sure about other. Maybe that is the max MI willing to bid for end may FNA orders.

It was the same for my case. 53k too. Not sure if that's the max they can go, I'm sure their margin would allow them to bid more. Otherwise, we would need to wait till COE to drop 4k in the next few bids. Nevertheless, if can afford to wait, can wait out another 1 or 2 bids before deciding if want to upgrade to N bids. If all turns out well, might save another few k which can be put to better use.

Bids aside, what color did you get? I have gotten white.

Neutral Newbie

It was the same for my case. 53k too. Not sure if that's the max they can go, I'm sure their margin would allow them to bid more. Otherwise, we would need to wait till COE to drop 4k in the next few bids. Nevertheless, if can afford to wait, can wait out another 1 or 2 bids before deciding if want to upgrade to N bids. If all turns out well, might save another few k which can be put to better use.

Bids aside, what color did you get? I have gotten white.

Ya..think will just wait and see. I get the metallic dark grey. Wanted the bronze but no stock at that time n was told need to top up 2k for new shipment??

Yeah the bitumen sample feels heavy. The door feels heavier and less hollow. I was told the clasani undercarriage coating weighs about 10kg. So now my car is 1670kg + 20kg = 1690kg. This is same weight as BMW 5 series Liao. Almost 1.7 ton. Plus me just nice 1.7 ton.

The thing about sound proofing is that once u get used to the quieter ride, u tend to take it for granted after a while. Until u go take other people's rides then u will appreciate your ride again. Lol...

FYI, your 3M material's weight (3.5kg/m2) is halfway between that of STP Silver (2.8kg/mw) and STP Gold (4kg/m2). Pity 3M and STP use different sound damping measurements so we can't compare that attribute directly.

I would guess that your single layer of 3M on 4 doors would be in the region of 20kg but I wish there was some way to confirm that.

FYI, your 3M material's weight (3.5kg/m2) is halfway between that of STP Silver (2.8kg/mw) and STP Gold (4kg/m2). Pity 3M and STP use different sound damping measurements so we can't compare that attribute directly.

I would guess that your single layer of 3M on 4 doors would be in the region of 20kg but I wish there was some way to confirm that.

Hmm. Think wat u said make sense. If total only 10kg then the door wun feel noticeably heavier since 1door only extra 2.5kg. If total extra weight is 20lg, then my fxt alone will be 1.7 ton with both undercarriage and 4 door sound proofing. I machiam driving a tank Liao. Lol.

Those SUVs with close to 2 ton weight like xc 60 or 90 no wonder feels so bulky and more wobbly when Corning.

↡ Advertisement