2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Bro if you want a simple reliable car, buy the Corolla.

If you want a small SUV, there's the HRV, especially if you are worried about 4WD.

There aren't too many Jap made, solid build, roomy SUVs around. It's either this or the HRV or the Suzuki Vitara.

I think that if you have the budget for a car, you will also have sufficient funds to change batteries and service the car too.

Cheers!

How true..

The fxt is a simple to drive car. Just step and go. After 10k, I'm still loving it, especially after filling in with motul 300v. Till date no complains, zero rattles, HU and radio working fine, comfortable, pretty fuel efficient, etc. all is good.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for this Bro! Rationalizing vs really love the Forester!

New Vitara sort of shrank in size. Haha! Yes it's true. Just a bit nervous. Going to be my first 4wd and not sure what to expect for maintenance and I not bro la I don't know how to change the battery water. For my old car, I went back to AD To service then they say change this change that and I will say okay. Then realised 6 yrs later no need to go back then I went to autobacks, same thing. Until my friend told me, you paid more... and recommended me to another shop. Still learning all this

FYI, if u r worried about maintaining a forester, just go back to agent. I just signed up for a 2 year package at 1k after $200 discount from DUO Points redemption. Subaru servicing costs is about as ex as nissan's. Go figure.

Awd is not 4wd. Subaru's symmetric permanent awd also not same as others' awd system. The ONLY Problem i face with this system is.. I just feel pissed when some buggers hog my lane. Brake too much at bends, brake too much in uneven roads, and brake too much on rainy days... just can't understand y they can't move away and let me drive peacefully?!

Will it be reliable for like 10 years? Some say it's gonna be expensive to maintain. From past users I know, all of them use it for close to 7-10 years without any major repairs except for normal wear and tear.

Edited by mrhan1982
  • Praise 1

FYI, if u r worried about maintaining a forester, just go back to agent. I just signed up for a 2 year package at 1k after $200 discount from DUO Points redemption. Subaru servicing costs is about as ex as nissan's. Go figure.

Awd is not 4wd. Subaru's symmetric permanent awd also not same as others' awd system. The ONLY Problem i face with this system is.. I just feel pissed when some buggers hog my lane. Brake too much at bends, brake too much in uneven roads, and brake too much on rainy days... just can't understand y they can't move away and let me drive peacefully?!

Will it be reliable for like 10 years? Some say it's gonna be expensive to maintain. From past users I know, all of them use it for close to 7-10 years without any major repairs except for normal wear and tear.

Much appreciate this! Thank you!

Good assurance from current owner like yourself.

Turbocharged

Hi Guys,

Newbie here,

Booked an FXT 3 weeks ago and secured COE and will be collecting my ride on 22 Oct.

I was wondering anyone here recently booked the Black Edition XT that comes with the accessories at $4688.

Looks cool and fierce but isn't it too pricey.

Yes its pricey. If you are savy you can get most of the stuff cheaper online. Maybe accept for the leather trim

The ONLY Problem i face with this system is.. I just feel pissed when some buggers hog my lane. Brake too much at bends, brake too much in uneven roads, and brake too much on rainy days... just can't understand y they can't move away and let me drive peacefully?!

Exactly how I feel, every time I am riding my FXT.

Also, how come the road so short, I not feel it yet, already reached, haiz ...

Bro if you want a simple reliable car, buy the Corolla.

If you want a small SUV, there's the HRV, especially if you are worried about 4WD. 

There aren't too many Jap made, solid build, roomy SUVs around. It's either this or the HRV or the Suzuki Vitara. 

I think that if you have the budget for a car, you will also have sufficient funds to change batteries and service the car too. 

Cheers! 

there's CX-5

there's CX-5

True, except that it's a 20-40k jump in his budget.. and I believe he was looking at the FNA, which comes in at around the same price as the other choices. 

I think most Jap cars if not overly overly modified from stock specifications are all relatively reliable. For similar size car At 112k for FNA, and 127k for FXT.. Vs 125k for 2L NA of another model or 160k above for 2L turbo of other makes. One can do the maths.

Actually compare to similar car like Xtrail 2na or outlander 2.4, shortage 2na, and CX5 2na, the FNA is the cheapest and real world FC should be one of the lowest as well, and it's the only one having AWD, and yet having good FC

Edited by Chucky2007

Actually if one can absorb the extra 15-20k the turbo's FC should be ok. And the car is a whole lot more fun!

The money saved compares to the other makes will also pay for a lot of fuel.. :)

I think most Jap cars if not overly overly modified from stock specifications are all relatively reliable. For similar size car At 112k for FNA, and 127k for FXT.. Vs 125k for 2L NA of another model or 160k above for 2L turbo of other makes. One can do the maths.

Actually compare to similar car like Xtrail 2na or outlander 2.4, shortage 2na, and CX5 2na, the FNA is the cheapest and real world FC should be one of the lowest as well, and it's the only one having AWD, and yet having good FC

there's also Tuscon 1.6T now for better FC and power/torque.

Sportage is too overpriced when Tuscon is similar yet cheaper.

real world FC lowest? c'mon.... CX-5 proven at ~15km/l in Jap magazines real owner tests. FNA maybe just similar... but I doubt any better.

Xtrail has 4WD, so does Outlander right? for most consumers they won't know what's the difference between all these...

What makes you say that, COE dropped but price didn't follow suit. Though for XV price went up accordingly to CAT A.

Think customers seek value proposition with loan interest competitiveness as most of us not cashing the car. Moreover they already earn with your insurance and future maintenance. With the amount of foresters on the road, hoping they can charge more like mass market car interest rate and not a speciality brand. Hyundai 2.08% Honda 2.18% Mazda 1.88% during anniversary event... 2.78% is quite like 2nd hand car dealer rate.

the difference between 2.08% and 2.78% is close to 2k even for a 5year 60% load for FXT....

there's also Tuscon 1.6T now for better FC and power/torque.

Sportage is too overpriced when Tuscon is similar yet cheaper.

real world FC lowest? c'mon.... CX-5 proven at ~15km/l in Jap magazines real owner tests. FNA maybe just similar... but I doubt any better.

Xtrail has 4WD, so does Outlander right? for most consumers they won't know what's the difference between all these...

Cx5 light footed with lotsa hw at best is 14km/L. I'm an ex owner. Normally city driving at best is around10km/L. Initial acceleration is good till about 50km/h, then it loses steam quite quickly. Can feel the gear shifts are conservative and it's trying very hard to save fuel. Car handling is tight and pretty impressive but the 2L motor output can only do so much. Over 100km/h, u can feel that it's already running out of breadth. The sky active engine is not very refined... maybe due to the high compression. Worse is if u have a full load... other than that it's a very handsome car with nice interiors. Front Seats are a little narrow if u r a big size guy.

Lastly, servicing at the agent can be very ex... no kidding. It's more ex than Honda..

Tried xtrail, u got to convince yourself that u r driving a huge luxury car and be very very patient.... it has one of the most comfy seats btw.

Exactly, I always tot that our fna or fxt got no competition. Isn't the choice obvious?

Actually if one can absorb the extra 15-20k the turbo's FC should be ok. And the car is a whole lot more fun!

The money saved compares to the other makes will also pay for a lot of fuel.. :)

Now Bro, this sound tempting [:p]

I would have go straight to FXT if not for the perceived poor FC... -_-

And for those whom cann't control all the time, to allow some for 'speeding saman' too ...
↡ Advertisement