2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

lurking here. taking the plunge only in 1st quarter of 2017. Anyone with the same timeline?

CNY period is always good time to buy new car. Got a lot of promo and freebies.

Now Bro, this sound tempting [:p]

I would have go straight to FXT if not for the perceived poor FC... -_-

How much u travel a month? Say 1500km a month and fc around 10/L, esso 800 is around 1.8 after 20% discount 1500/10* 1.8 = $274.5. That's less than $300 a month is which pretty reasonable. I set aside $350-$400 for petrol monthly, but usually spend around $300.

How much u travel a month? Say 1500km a month and fc around 10/L, esso 800 is around 1.8 after 20% discount 1500/10* 1.8 = $274.5. That's less than $300 a month is which pretty reasonable. I set aside $350-$400 for petrol monthly, but usually spend around $300.

Yap... My current ride I spend ard $200... not far off

Maybe go test drive first.. . Haaaa

Edited by Nlatio

Price between XV and NA Forestor now is $7K due to Cat A increase while Cat B dropped in the last round. I think this happened before whereas the difference is even smaller?? 

Wow you make me wanna get it!!! You serious good advocate of the brand. But still waiting out cos wanna maximise current car!

Wow you make me wanna get it!!! You serious good advocate of the brand. But still waiting out cos wanna maximise current car!

I'm just giving feedback based on personal experience of driving and owning different models of most Jap brands over the years.

Of course, if in the end you don't like it, pls dun blame me hor  :XD:But honestly i feel that it is more of a man's car than a lady's car. For ladies, I think the QQ may be more suitable. Not many local drivers will appreciate the AWD anyway.  

I'm also thinking of getting the FXT in the next few months (my current sedan's COE expires in Feb next year). Need a bigger car to accommodate the baby chair and pram. :) And the impressive value it brings relative to its power is a huge plus for me. (I totally agree with some of you that poor FC is a small cost in the grand scheme of things.)

That said, the FXT was not my first choice. I had originally set my eyes on a Lexus NX, but obviously it's way more expensive (I can buy two FNAs at that price!) and after having committed to buying a house, I could only wave goodbye to that dream.

But a part of me still itches to look around. The new VW Tiguan seems quite attractive, and is going to be cheaper than the NX for sure - that is if i can finally come to terms with the fact that VW is a cheater-bug brand. :)

I'll most probably stick to the FXT though. I'm already thinking of transferring my BBK to it and shopping around for a set of rims that can accommodate it (yes I know the warranty will be void). But what's a Subaru that is not zhng-ed? The rear underspoiler is also super chio but it may make more financial sense to buy the Taiwanese replica online.

Anyone else also into lightly modding their Foresters?

I'm just giving feedback based on personal experience of driving and owning different models of most Jap brands over the years.

Of course, if in the end you don't like it, pls dun blame me hor :XD:But honestly i feel that it is more of a man's car than a lady's car. For ladies, I think the QQ may be more suitable. Not many local drivers will appreciate the AWD anyway.

Honestly also worried I can't handle the size... just love how it looks!!! And comfort for my passengers AKA my parents! Test drove and looks like no turning back. Anything else is like going to be a point A to B car. Drawback is interest rate. Higher than the market rate now.
  • Praise 2

Honestly also worried I can't handle the size... just love how it looks!!! And comfort for my passengers AKA my parents! Test drove and looks like no turning back. Anything else is like going to be a point A to B car. Drawback is interest rate. Higher than the market rate now.

I think you try talk to them if you dont want their loan... see if they can give you good price or not.. then go outside get a cheap car loan... what i know is both TC and MI interest rate is like fixed at 2.78% ... nv change one.... sigh..

I'm also thinking of getting the FXT in the next few months (my current sedan's COE expires in Feb next year). Need a bigger car to accommodate the baby chair and pram. :) And the impressive value it brings relative to its power is a huge plus for me. (I totally agree with some of you that poor FC is a small cost in the grand scheme of things.)

That said, the FXT was not my first choice. I had originally set my eyes on a Lexus NX, but obviously it's way more expensive (I can buy two FNAs at that price!) and after having committed to buying a house, I could only wave goodbye to that dream.

But a part of me still itches to look around. The new VW Tiguan seems quite attractive, and is going to be cheaper than the NX for sure - that is if i can finally come to terms with the fact that VW is a cheater-bug brand. :)

I'll most probably stick to the FXT though. I'm already thinking of transferring my BBK to it and shopping around for a set of rims that can accommodate it (yes I know the warranty will be void). But what's a Subaru that is not zhng-ed? The rear underspoiler is also super chio but it may make more financial sense to buy the Taiwanese replica online.

Anyone else also into lightly modding their Foresters?

when you join the whatsapp group or facebook group... you will see a lot of poison!!! the rear underspoiler is nothing... heheh... :) 

• Praise 1

I think you try talk to them if you dont want their loan... see if they can give you good price or not.. then go outside get a cheap car loan... what i know is both TC and MI interest rate is like fixed at 2.78% ... nv change one.... sigh..

when you join the whatsapp group or facebook group... you will see a lot of poison!!! the rear underspoiler is nothing... heheh... :)

Haha for real? Looking forward to joining the groups soon!

Btw I'm actually not too concerned about the high interest rates. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not being a snob. I just think it's good that there are some bad things about the car that turn others away. The crossing of the OMV beyond 20k which results in borrowers being limited to 60% loan is another (actually, how is the OMV determined to begin with?). Otherwise, it'll just become another national car aka Honda Vezel!

Haha for real? Looking forward to joining the groups soon!

Btw I'm actually not too concerned about the high interest rates. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not being a snob. I just think it's good that there are some bad things about the car that turn others away. The crossing of the OMV beyond 20k which results in borrowers being limited to 60% loan is another (actually, how is the OMV determined to begin with?). Otherwise, it'll just become another national car aka Honda Vezel!

looking forward for you to join