2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

QQ = Qashqai from Nissan. It's a car in the same category as XV. Since u r considering XV, QQ was brought up as a basis for comparison.

Frankie is Frankenstein. It was meant to be a dig since you have both a male and female nick so you could possibly be a mixed... U know... "Franken". I'm just being suan siao and I apologize now that you have cleared things up.

Back to topic, I'd consider XT for the power and Outback for the looks and more executive feel. Both drives differently, one being NA and the other being turbo.

All things aside, my eventual choice will be Forester. More power, less road tax and cheaper too.

Do a test drive for both and see where your heart leads to since budget is not an issue now.

I see. I didnt know ASX falls in the same category as the two cars as the cc and power differs vastly thou there will be signicant savings on both road tax and fc i believe.

No worries, i should have checked before i post. As a result misunderstanding occurred!

At least the air has been cleared :)

As one of the user has pointed out that outback is not a 7 seater, i have strike it off my list.

Will test drive both forester NA or turbo.

Thanks for the reply!

Between the ASX and the FXT - no brainer, the FXT is fine. Plus the future of Subaru is clearer.

Each model has it's merit, so do take a look inside. FXT is more common, and perhaps easier to sell?

I do agree. I see more forester on the road then asx. Even outlander is much lesser the forester.
↡ Advertisement

QQ = Qashqai from Nissan. It's a car in the same category as XV. Since u r considering XV, QQ was brought up as a basis for comparison.

Frankie is Frankenstein. It was meant to be a dig since you have both a male and female nick so you could possibly be a mixed... U know... "Franken". I'm just being suan siao and I apologize now that you have cleared things up.

Back to topic, I'd consider XT for the power and Outback for the looks and more executive feel. Both drives differently, one being NA and the other being turbo.

All things aside, my eventual choice will be Forester. More power, less road tax and cheaper too.

Do a test drive for both and see where your heart leads to since budget is not an issue now.

The spirit deserves praise. I like

Just a point to highlight: latest Forester has undergone much better sound proofing by Subaru manufacturer so it will be quieter than previous models. This is highlighted by many reviews on the internet (including YouTube) and also stated in the advertisements by Subaru too.

What is a QQ?

if you notice my earlier post, my budget is up to outback. And cars i am looking at is 2.0l and above. have stated clearly the 4 cars i shortlisting so vezel and whatever car you just stated is totally off topic.

Kindly keep to the topic before quoting and providing your opinion.

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

• default_large.png
  • Ashley1108

2nd Gear

rank4.gif

171 Joined: 26 January 2007 Posts: 185

Hi guys, i am currently shortlisting 3-4 cars for my next ride.

Forester 2.0i(can consider XT if not so noisy), xv and outlander. maybe outback too.

I am currently driving camry 2.4 and previously an 06 forester.

I haven't test drive any of the cars yet, so can i get your opinion, is 2.0i or XT noisy? my previous forester can hear road noise.

What freebies did you nego for?

you can pm me on the freebies and your SE if you feel uncomfortable sharing in the forum.

Edited by Ashley1108, Today, 12:46 PM.

Since you mentioned the car that you are looking for is 2.0l and above, I hope you know XV is only 1.6l. I received my new FNA ride recently, noticed an apparent "whining" sound between 10-20km/h (either directions of ramping up or down the accelerator) which MI claimed is a characteristic of the new CVT transmission. However, based on some forumers' feedback, the sound is not present on FXT. Therefore, my advice to you is to test drive both options and decide for yourself if the aforementioned sound is a deal breaker for you.

Btw, regarding FC, to date, I have travelled around 2,000km at 50-50 city/highway, the average FC is 11+ km/l, not too bad. Though I must qualify, I'm not a heavy footer.

anyone driving a FL FXT finds it hard to shift out from P to other gears (R, N, D)?

Have tried different situations ie. engine cold/warm, etc but seems that the problem is still there.

anyone driving a FL FXT finds it hard to shift out from P to other gears (R, N, D)?

Have tried different situations ie. engine cold/warm, etc but seems that the problem is still there.

Next time after parking your car. Before you put gear to Park and pull handbrake. Try this 1st.

1. After car is in position

2. Put gear to N

3. Pull handbrake. Let go foot brake.

4. Step on brake again. Shift to park.

5. Off engine.

These step will ensure the car is lock on the handbrake and not in the gear P.

I had been using this method for 7yrs since my previous car.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

Just notice Altis thread the pages only 200++ since 2013 Oct.

While the Forester thread already 460 since 2015.

That show most Altis owner don't surf forum.

When a vehicle is fun to drive, it attract discussion.

If a vehicle is bnb, who cares.

And.. usually altis buyer dun ask too much question. Test drive, gum, price ok, buy.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Next time after parking your car. Before you put gear to Park and pull handbrake. Try this 1st.

2. Put gear to N

5. Off engine.

I have been using this method as well. This will help to prevent the weight of the car putting stress on the engaged parking gear.

I do sometimes forgot to put to park before switching off the engine. Have to press engine start button again to shift to park.

Also embarrassed myself once at Singapore customs.. Must put to park before activating electric tail gate. Can't open tailgate when in neutral.

I'm driving FXT btw.

Edited by Esee
  • Praise 1

2. Put gear to N

5. Off engine.

Thanks for the tips

So when driving off, I assume you will shift to D then release the parking brake?

Does anyone feel that the foot brake position of the FXT is very high? I'm used to resting the heel on the floor while using the ball of my foot to depress the brake. With this car only my toes could reach...And I'm size 9.

• Praise 1

install LG mirrordrive from play store. select mirrorlink from your HU when you connect your Phone and from the HU select LG mirrordrive. You should be able to access your goggle map from there. but the resolution is not great.

The LG mirror drive oesn't wotk on Samsung phones. I think no solution in sight for Samsung users.
  • Praise 1

I do sometimes forgot to put to park before switching off the engine. Have to press engine start button again to shift to park.

Also embarrassed myself once at Singapore customs.. Must put to park before activating electric tail gate. Can't open tailgate when in neutral.

I'm driving FXT btw.

Can on/off engine while FXT is @ N position?

• Praise 1

The LG mirror drive oesn't wotk on Samsung phones. I think no solution in sight for Samsung users.

Under network settings on my wife's S7, I recall seeing a toggle for mirrorlink. I assume you could turn it off and phone will charge via USB instead of trying to mirrorlink. I haven't tried it myself. Will try tomorrow
  • Praise 1

Under network settings on my wife's S7, I recall seeing a toggle for mirrorlink. I assume you could turn it off and phone will charge via USB instead of trying to mirrorlink. I haven't tried it myself. Will try tomorrow

As soon as the phone plugs in, the screen goes black and shows mirrorlink. Cannot go to settings to turn mirrorlink off. 

• Praise 1

Can on/off engine while FXT is @ N position?

Engine is off.

But electrical remain on.

With beeping sound and screen showed gear in N.

Does anyone feel that the foot brake position of the FXT is very high? I'm used to resting the heel on the floor while using the ball of my foot to depress the brake. With this car only my toes could reach...And I'm size 9.

Yes, I noticed that on my FNA too. Have to lift up my foot to depress the brake. Previously, I could just shift my foot to the brake with my heel anchored to the floor. Having said that,i have now adapted to the new way of depressing the brake after driving the car for a few of weeks.
↡ Advertisement