2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi, can any experts help? I tried to install my scangauge using the obd but it took a very Long time and yet didn't to connect it. Today, I just bought a China made obd device, same thing happened. It is still trying to connect. Any bro using obd device manage to connect successfully?

Oic. When I test drove, there seemed to be some turbo lag even on sport mode so thot only got 1 snail

Is the CVT causing this.

Oic. When I test drove, there seemed to be some turbo lag even on sport mode so thot only got 1 snail

Twin scroll is still one snail. Just that there 2 paths of exhaust gases are propelling it 180deg apart.
  • Praise 2

Twin scroll is still one snail . It's not twin turbo.

Twin scroll is supposed to give a more linear acceleration feel. Lag is still unavoidable although it should be shorter than a full high pressure single scroll turbo.

Transmission plays a part too.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 2

Gotcha. So the culprit is probably the CVT.

I believe if the XT is equipped with the ZF 8 speed auto, the 0 - 100km/hr may be below 7sec.

I believe if the XT is equipped with the ZF 8 speed auto, the 0 - 100km/hr may be below 7sec.

If it comes with the ZF 8 speed, then it won't come at today's price Liao. Saw Volvo roadshow at VivoCity today. XC60 with fwd, 8 speed auto box selling at 216k after discounts... about same power and torque as fxt, about same cabin space and slightly deeper boot. At about 100kg heavier Than fxt, it still manages 7.3s for 0-100. Very impressive. But it cost 90k more.... though, I must admit the interior is very solid and luxurious... but for the extra 90k, I rather take my fxt and spend that money on other things. Premium conti cars are really for the well heeled.

Gotcha. So the culprit is probably the CVT.

The cvt Is not that bad, it gives a gradual acceleration which many will feel it as lag. In reality, it actually pick up speed pretty quickly. May need to use the peddal shifters in sports mode for sudden acceleration to feel more kick. But for our local roads, just the I mode is already overkill Liao.. Edited by mrhan1982

Hi... Anyone interested in doing 3M crystalline solar film tinting together?

I called up DS Specialty Services in Eunos and was quoted bet $1050 to $1150 for Forester inclusive of the sun roof... There is a difference of $100 as he is not too sure of the exact size of e our sun roof...

However if we can get 3 cars to do it together, he will willing to do it at $980 nett...

Or does anyone here has better deals to share for the 3M crystalline package? Thks in advance! :)

Hi... Anyone interested in doing 3M crystalline solar film tinting together?

I called up DS Specialty Services in Eunos and was quoted bet $1050 to $1150 for Forester inclusive of the sun roof... There is a difference of $100 as he is not too sure of the exact size of e our sun roof...

However if we can get 3 cars to do it together, he will willing to do it at $980 nett...

Or does anyone here has better deals to share for the 3M crystalline package? Thks in advance! :)

this is the top of the line film?

coolnlite quoted 780....$200 cheaper, should be same quality?

this is the top of the line film?

coolnlite quoted 780....$200 cheaper, should be same quality?

Yes. It's the top of the line film... But i m not sure if the quality is e same as cool n lite though..

If it comes with the ZF 8 speed, then it won't come at today's price Liao. Saw Volvo roadshow at VivoCity today. XC60 with fwd, 8 speed auto box selling at 216k after discounts... about same power and torque as fxt, about same cabin space and slightly deeper boot. At about 100kg heavier Than fxt, it still manages 7.3s for 0-100. Very impressive. But it cost 90k more.... though, I must admit the interior is very solid and luxurious... but for the extra 90k, I rather take my fxt and spend that money on other things. Premium conti cars are really for the well heeled.

The cvt Is not that bad, it gives a gradual acceleration which many will feel it as lag. In reality, it actually pick up speed pretty quickly. May need to use the peddal shifters in sports mode for sudden acceleration to feel more kick. But for our local roads, just the I mode is already overkill Liao..

I think the Volvo XC60 can be gotten for a lot less, as conti dealers tend to give even more discounts. I heard from one of my colleagues that got the XC60 for a lot less than 200k very recently. There's probably a facelift coming up pretty soon which might have made the pricing more competitive.

It's still quite a sizable amount on top of the FXT (I personally just got my FXT 3 weeks back). And I'm not sure how much more it will cost in maintenance compared to the FXT in the long run.

↡ Advertisement