2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Volvo normally comes with 3 servicing 15K, 30K and 45K) depending on how much you drive, that might last you 3 years. So for 3 years no maintenance cost except tyres. That's what happen for me.

After 3 years, get ready to pay. Normal service will be $500 up and major service will be 4 digits. Not forgetting parts is expensive for wear and tear and repairs.

I think the Volvo XC60 can be gotten for a lot less, as conti dealers tend to give even more discounts. I heard from one of my colleagues that got the XC60 for a lot less than 200k very recently. There's probably a facelift coming up pretty soon which might have made the pricing more competitive.

It's still quite a sizable amount on top of the FXT (I personally just got my FXT 3 weeks back). And I'm not sure how much more it will cost in maintenance compared to the FXT in the long run.

↡ Advertisement

I apply 3 coat in the first time. then once a while when wash car then apply. I think if you Apply more coat in the beginning will be better.

Thanks for the advice @thefalcon!

Since it shares the same engine as the new wrx.. it is possible with a tune at the risk of gearbox piang.

Keep the wheel torque below 300Nm should still be safe.

Checked w the SA last week. MI gonna introduce door autolock very soon (doors will lokck once speed above 20kmh, and unlock when engine off... What he says).

But price 300+ .. rather use my finger to lock,unlock

Leng Kee SA also said that changing rims will not void suspension warranty as long as maintain as original specs.

If upside, no more warranty on entire suspension system.

Can check out AliExpress website for DIY door auto lock gadget for Forester which connect to obd for it to work. Cost is around US$28 only. Seller said the set of device comes with instruction guide for its simple connection.

Search under "Car Auto OBD Plug And Play Speed Lock Unlock Device For Forester 2011-2016"

Edited by Alexleech

hi,

quick question; i have set the memory seat to my 2 dongle; 

how do i remove this setting; i.e. unlink the memory seat  setting by the dongle?

thanks

Any Bro here have change fxt stock fog light bulb with LED ones either diy or by workshop . Appreciate can help provide good contact or advise with installation. I bought the LED bulb but not sure how to replace stock bulb with it . Thks

I think the Volvo XC60 can be gotten for a lot less, as conti dealers tend to give even more discounts. I heard from one of my colleagues that got the XC60 for a lot less than 200k very recently. There's probably a facelift coming up pretty soon which might have made the pricing more competitive.

It's still quite a sizable amount on top of the FXT (I personally just got my FXT 3 weeks back). And I'm not sure how much more it will cost in maintenance compared to the FXT in the long run.

Their event or demo cars always come with big discounts up to 30-40k cheaper. The XC60 and XC90 were known to be fuel guzzlers.. can be quite scarier like 6-7km/L. Servicing at Wearnes is not cheap too. In fact very pricey if your purchase do not come with their 3 or 5 year free servicing.

Edited by mrhan1982

Their event or demo cars always come with big discounts up to 30-40k cheaper. The XC60 and XC90 were known to be fuel guzzlers.. can be quite scarier like 6-7km/L. Servicing at Wearnes is not cheap too. In fact very pricey if your purchase do not come with their 3 or 5 year free servicing.

Wow, is the current xc60 a guzzler as well?

Thought on sgCarMart, figures were 14+km/l which should be better than the fxt. I guess real world consumption might be quite different.

XC60 is oredi a 8-yr old model having first appeared in 2009. New model round the corner. I wouldn't buy new for this model.

Thought on sgCarMart, figures were 14+km/l which should be better than the fxt. I guess real world consumption might be quite different.

I think should be better compared to when the model was first introduced. Now it come with new engine and 8 spd GB.

Price up!

Submodel(s) Current Price Previous Price

spacer.gif
divider_571x3.gif
spacer.gif

2.0i Premium(A) $113,800 $111,800

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

2.0 XT (A) $127,800 $125,800

Edited by villan

are door visors useful or aesthetically pleasing?

SE willing to throw in FOC, no rebate for opting out...

Pros:
You can open the window to let out hot air when the car is parked in the sun, without fear of rain.
Some folks run their cars w/o aircon like that to save $$.

Cons:
Wind noise and it may affect your Coefficient of drag. You can read up about that..

Not sure. But normally conti cars their real world fc and declared fc very far off... my friend's f30 320 can hit at best 10km/L despite the figures saying 15-16km/L...

Not sure. But normally conti cars their real world fc and declared fc very far off... my friend's f30 320 can hit at best 10km/L despite the figures saying 15-16km/L...

Well, I guess all manufacturers are quite aggressive on their declared fc. Makes it really hard to compare when trying to choose/buy cars.

The FXT on normal school run (with lots of traffic lights) tends to hit 7-8 km/l. But once on highways, it's a lot easier to hit more than 10 km/l.

↡ Advertisement