2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Thinking of changing Forester's stock car horn with better sounding and louder horn. Any recommendation from Bro would greatly be appreciated.

Thinking of changing Forester's stock car horn with better sounding and louder horn. Any recommendation from Bro would greatly be appreciated.

Hella for more horny drivers  [:p]

Supersonic

Dunno..... just a horn, don't worry too much.

If MI void warranty becoz change 1 horn, that would qualify for the ultimate facepalm....

Hi Bros, ever notice Forester doesn't come with car alarm , only have immobilizer. Another shortcoming , no blind spot detector . These are already quite standard features for many current cars.

Another thing, for the cost of the Forester it should have or given option for eyesight features which are available in other countries. Understand Subaru is among the very early adoptor of this technology in their cars. Now, it is getting better but MI didn't get it for Spore - what a waste

You can go autobacs. The outlet at ubi has a range of horns. Press the button to hear how each one sounds.

It's now at the top shelf to prevent kids from anyhow horny. I mean anyhow pressing horn.

You can go autobacs. The outlet at ubi has a range of horns. Press the button to hear how each one sounds.

It's now at the top shelf to prevent kids from anyhow horny. I mean anyhow pressing horn.

You joker lah, bro. Horny drivers is ok but not horn that emit horny sound ! That's would be public nuisance offense. Anyway, I got your idea. Thanks

Hypersonic

If MI void warranty becoz change 1 horn, that would qualify for the ultimate facepalm....

The original horn for Forester is a joke, it sound beep beep.

I change it on the 2nd day of ownership.

Hi Bros, ever notice Forester doesn't come with car alarm , only have immobilizer. Another shortcoming , no blind spot detector . These are already quite standard features for many current cars.

Many current car don't come with car alarm.

Supersonic

Pls dun install alarm.

100% of the time false alarm. Irritates the shit out of ppl.

Even if real, ppl ignore coz of reason above.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I chipped the edge of the front door,  and rust has set in. 

Anyone knows where/how to get this fixed? DIY?

Thanks in advance!

post-19402-0-52877200-1488534141_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I chipped the edge of the front door,  and rust has set in. 

Anyone knows where/how to get this fixed? DIY?

Thanks in advance!

The Subaru paint job not that job if a simple nick can cause the underlying metal to be exposed.

If you DIY it may not look nice and the repair will be seen. Send to some paint workshop for repairs. It may cost less and look better in the end because they have the materials and equipment. May be some members here could recommend one. 

DIY:

Sand down the spot remove the rust.

Apply rust converter just to be sure (optional)

Sand again to smoothen (use very fine grain sandpaper)

Apply primer

Apply paint

(edited)

Another thing, for the cost of the Forester it should have or given option for eyesight features which are available in other countries. Understand Subaru is among the very early adoptor of this technology in their cars. Now, it is getting better but MI didn't get it for Spore - what a waste

all the countries managed by MI (spore, msia, Taiwan, hongkong, Thailand) does not have Eyesight option.

cos' the company does not value human lives....

you can see that even with SGP (Subaru Global Platform) launch with new Impreza here, still not Eyesight.

and in Japan, Subaru actually developing Eyesight 4 soon. they are already able to demonstrate semi autonomous driving with Eyesight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tlfez9cAs

the JDM version has everthing that we mentioned here (blindspot, auto highbeam, reversing collision alarm) but here no, only in Levorg, Legacy, Impreza (option for 2.0L but standard for 1.6L, how odd...).

although we get autodim mirrors which Japan also somehow does not have, that's the funny part.

but new XV that will be launched next week in Geneva will probably have all these tech as well similar to Impreza except Eyesight here of cos...

u can try writing to Subaru Japan but I guess it will fall on deaf ears even though we have the $ to pay for the option.

even the previous FHI Japanese rep that I wrote to (yes there was this Sasaki-san) does not bother to reply...

anyone knows how to contact Mr Tan or his Marketing Manager?

we can always petition on change.org to show our collective opinion.

unless our 70% chosen garmen does some legislation on active safety technology requirements in passenger cars, probably 50years from now, none of the Jap and Korean importers will care unlike the Continental brands...

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 2

anyone noticed a ticking sound coming from the bottom right of the steering column when the wiper is in operation? Noticed that is a rhythmic pattern that goes 2 ticks every 8 secs.

(edited)

Hella Horny horn

Can share where to Install these and how much? Sometimes really need a loud horn to warm those road hoggers to stay clear of my lane. Ha.

Edited by mrhan1982
↡ Advertisement