2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

managed to trace down to the rear windscreen wiper.

same kinda of sound feedback by other owners regarding the front headlamps when they switched on in auto mode.

Yeah, I have the same sound when I turned on the rear wipers.

Sent car in for servicing on Friday. Then driving on Sat in the rain, noticed the sound, thought someone broke something during the service.

When driving without the wipers, the clicking sound is no longer there.

↡ Advertisement

Anything that installed in the car sure can remove. Engine also can remove why not the Roof Rail.

any recommendation on which workshop to go to?

If Im not wrong, someone said will have holes after removal, probably need to plug it but do u still want to remove. For what ah?

purely for aesthetic reason. Heard it can be patched up nicely with a rubber strip or something.

anyone know if the roof rail can be removed?

Bro, why you need to remove that?

I spoke to my workshop on this matter before. My intention is to remove it and apply colour on it.

It was highly discouraged by the workshop.

Number 1 reason, removing it will need to down your interior roof.

Putting that back will cause the roof to slack down. Once you touch the factory fittings, putting it back will definitely have significant differences.

Careful!

I am looking for advice on the following:

Anyone did remote start function on forester?

Anyone modified the sound of the exhaust (legally)?

Can share?

Neutral Newbie

bro,

i was quoted about 180$ before staff price by my SE. Possible to share your SE's contact to get the shades? 

It's not over the counter purchase; u buy through your MI SE who can get staff discount. This discounted price cost $90 plus gst . Total payment will be $96.30. I hope this clarify everything. It's for a set of 6 pieces to fit all the side windows. The magnetic shades are manufactured under the brand name "Groove" for Subaru. So it's shades have inscribed words like " Forester " and "Motor Image" on it .

bro,

i was quoted about 180$ before staff price by my SE. Possible to share your SE's contact to get the shades?

Ask ur SE to buy on ur behalf. I gotten $90+ thereabt too.

Neutral Newbie

Ask ur SE to buy on ur behalf. I gotten $90+ thereabt too.

Yeah, she said after her staff discount is 160$+

Is the price diff because of the number of pieces? I.e. 6 vs 7?

Yeah, she said after her staff discount is 160$+

Is the price diff because of the number of pieces? I.e. 6 vs 7?

if u have rear cam recorder, the rear windscreen shade will be useless since u cannot mount the shade due to the rear cam

Neutral Newbie

if u have rear cam recorder, the rear windscreen shade will be useless since u cannot mount the shade due to the rear cam

Yes yes, I read about the rear shade. Currently I am not intending to get rear cam but I don't intend to get the rear shades too. Think that's the reason for price difference, getting my SE to check on it. Thank you!

If you want shades, the Laser Shades will be around $240 for the Forester, and won't cover the cam. It's custom made for the car.

You can search for them online and see, cheers.

The original horn for Forester is a joke, it sound beep beep.

I change it on the 2nd day of ownership.

Many current car don't come with car alarm.

My wife can't stand the sound of the horn, change it immediately after collect the car yesterday, recommend by the SE for the air Horn, $80. [laugh]

• Praise 2

My wife can't stand the sound of the horn, change it immediately after collect the car yesterday, recommend by the SE for the air Horn, $80. [laugh]

Yeah man, I didn't realize how lousy the stock horn was until I tried to horn the car next to me when it was straying into my lane. All that came out was some beep beep sound like some toy car. Total loss of image for such an aggressive looking vehicle.

If you want shades, the Laser Shades will be around $240 for the Forester, and won't cover the cam. It's custom made for the car.

You can search for them online and see, cheers.

Just got the Laser Shades this afternoon from their shop at Kim Chuan. I got the 6 pieces only as the back doesn't fit properly without a clip if you have a car camera. And in the dark, I find the rear view a bit obscured, 

The side shades all fit properly using magnets except for row C, which requires a clip-on magnet.

Quality and coverage seems good but I'm likely going to use it only for rear passenger side while in Singapore. The shade on the driver side is a bit distracting even though it doesn't cut off the view to the side mirrors.

It is easy to put on an remove. My wife and daughter will definitely enjoy it. Now they can stop nagging me about the blinding sun.