2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

You are fanatical in car mod liao.

Hi Chucky,

Me ??  

From home audio to car 10 years ago and back to home and then office and now back to car since new development in Android and DSD.

But yes, I love gadgets but obvious not car performance which is beyond my knowledge except dropping in 1.5 cc engine into my first car .. Starlet .. but learn from younger days to refrain on such car mod.

My current job of 11 years was secured because then boss and I had 2 hours interview session on hifi and computer stuff .. used to buy 5 latest CPU to find the best to overclock and camped at Sim Lim for 1st shipment of graphic cards for quad SLI/CrossFire as well as mod graphic card firmware for handling both SLI/CrossFire aka HP's BlackFire ... days before before you can use different makes of graphic cards on same mobo.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Nice one. May I know how much is it?

Long

Hi Long,

Which one ??

Onkyo paid version is $11+ to allow cool features of upsampling to 192Khz and direct USB native DSD playback to similarly capable DAC of course.

Cheers,

Richard

(edited)

Hi Long,

Which one ??

Onkyo paid version is $11+ to allow cool features of upsampling to 192Khz and direct USB native DSD playback to similarly capable DAC of course.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

The HU. Is it this one?

Thanks

Long

1525357582.jpg

Edited by TrinhNgocLong

(edited)

Hi Richard,

The HU. Is it this one?

Thanks

Long

Hi Long,

No ... this one is not with digital output.

Only digital output ones available outside Russian is from smarty-trend and unfortunately is now USD630 ... I got it months ago for USD530 excluding I think USD200 shipping cost and 7% gst though still more expensive than the usual non-optical output capable android headunit from China (NB: this smarty trend is also clearly made in China with the usual chinese characters on labels but so far not able to source this there).

Cheers,

Richard

PS: Please be careful to order the required version .... FL is with hazard lights and mfd buttons together but preFL is only with big hazard light buttons that your photo shows

post-149594-0-41466100-1525404735_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Long,

No ... this one is not with digital output.

Only digital output ones available outside Russian is from smarty-trend and unfortunately is now USD630 ... I got it months ago for USD530 excluding I think USD200 shipping cost and 7% gst though still more expensive than the usual non-optical output capable android headunit from China (NB: this smarty trend is also clearly made in China with the usual chinese characters on labels but so far not able to source this there).

Cheers,

Richard

PS: Please be careful to order the required version .... FL is with hazard lights and mfd buttons together but preFL is only with big hazard light buttons that your photo shows

Hi Richard,

Should be this one instead.

1525405538.jpg

Long

(edited)

Hi Richard,

Should be this one instead.

1525405538.jpg

Long

Hi Long,

Yes for FL !  But I am sure this is not the rare one with optical output/cable that I recommend if you bother to upgrade with aftermarket processor.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Long,

Yes for FL !  But I am sure this is not the rare one with optical output/cable that I recommend if you bother to upgrade with aftermarket processor.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Where to bought the rare unit? And how much is it? 

This carosell seller quote $679.

Thanks

Long

Just gotten my ride this morning and tested the stock tyre on wet road since it started raining.

Visable road noise and raining drop hitting the roof that provided additional surround sound to the music i was playing.

When braking to complete stop, felt the bite is not there and the braking distance is slightly longer then anticipated.

Tried the 99 curvy road near NUH/NUS, traction is good and road handling stable with abit of rolling felt.

Going over hump and up steep slow without difficulty.

Overall, still enjoyable.

• Praise 1

Good day Bro and sis

My FNA due for 40K servicing with Leng Kee very soon ( Package). As i got one front tire with abnormal wear and may looking to change all four before the servicing. Any recommendation workshop, type of tire and est price if possible. I understand PS3 has been replace by PS 4. is it suitable for FNA weight? Many Thanks

Bro,

Izzit the left front abnormal wear. If yes then ask MI do a wheel alignment for you. It is common problem for SJ forester due to factory setup. There is aftermarket camber bolt to correct this problem

• Praise 1

Bro,

Izzit the left front abnormal wear. If yes then ask MI do a wheel alignment for you. It is common problem for SJ forester due to factory setup. There is aftermarket camber bolt to correct this problem

Good day Bro

Ya. front passenger side. the outer surface is flat and inner groove still in good condition. End up i hv to change all four tire earlier as the other three still with good condition groove.

Just gotten my ride this morning and tested the stock tyre on wet road since it started raining.

Visable road noise and raining drop hitting the roof that provided additional surround sound to the music i was playing.

When braking to complete stop, felt the bite is not there and the braking distance is slightly longer then anticipated.

Tried the 99 curvy road near NUH/NUS, traction is good and road handling stable with abit of rolling felt.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Richard,

Where to bought the rare unit? And how much is it? 

This carosell seller quote $679.

Thanks

Long

Hi Long,

Unfortunately, just found that price went north from USD530 to USD630 and now at USD660 excluding shipping of USD or SGD200 and 7% gst.

If you are getting this and keeping to 2 way speakers, please consider also getting the processor which is very reasonably price and without incurring much more shipping cost ... you probably can ask seller to even put the processor into the HU box to save $.

Item here and good luck !!

<<http://smarty-trend.com/255-subaru-forester-2013-2016>>

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Long,

Unfortunately, just found that price went north from USD530 to USD630 and now at USD660 excluding shipping of USD or SGD200 and 7% gst.

If you are getting this and keeping to 2 way speakers, please consider also getting the processor which is very reasonably price and without incurring much more shipping cost ... you probably can ask seller to even put the processor into the HU box to save $.

Item here and good luck !!

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Richard

• Praise 1

Good day Bro

Ya. front passenger side. the outer surface is flat and inner groove still in good condition. End up i hv to change all four tire earlier as the other three still with good condition groove.

Hi kssg,

Some bros mentioned foresters from factory is misaligned to left including steering but when I did my magic collar and alignment thereafter by Kenny at Autopoint, he mentioned that there was almost zero misalignment and he only add a bit of camber to preserve wheel and hold to road a tiny bit.

Seems to be draw of luck but I am quick sensitive and can probably feel such serious misalignment to affect tyre so badly but not sure what is your "still in good condition" for inner surface when outer surface is "flat" ... having threads does not mean in good condition.

Go to Kenny which is deemed god of alignment after new tyre change ... haha ... and he knows our foresters.

Cheers,

Richard

(edited)

Good day Bro

My suggestion to install aftermarket camber bolt if not the problem is always there. Camber bolts $80-100 + wheel alignment $80 Edited by Undertaker_s

My suggestion to install aftermarket camber bolt if not the problem is always there. Camber bolts $80-100 + wheel alignment $80

Thanks for all the advice. appreciated

Any advice of tire to replace with . a no no to China make..  hahaha

should change to 225/65R17 ??

↡ Advertisement