2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

congratulate...you got the car earlier than me...

Hi Bro, when u getting yours?

Saw a quite a number of cars to be collected today when i was there this morning.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Snoopy,

Congras !!!!!

Now you probably think Richard is not too crazy with his SP and noise reduction mods even with lower engine noise if pushed for the fxt ... keke ! Yes, my roof is also with single layer of STP when I remove my roof rack since it was only sgd80 instead of sgd250 if I am not removing the roof rack.

Now you understand better why I:

- installed BBK especially FXT and hence new rims to clear BBK which ended up with new tyres.

- advocate rear cusco ARB typically of 20mm solid compared to stock 16mm hollow .. front stock arb is generally ok if you do not wish to spend more

- mentioned that FNA is fine with initial pick up although cannot compare with FXT for overall acceleration performance with associated FC "performance"

Now imagine how much more you will enjoy with lowered overall noises, confidence in braking with bbk and alleviated rolling phenomenon ... hence the mods both learned here and your personal experience.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Will slowly start my mob journey bit by bit after 1K servicing.

Experience stock first and then enhance whats needed and tune to suit by drive style.

Saw a quite a number of cars to be collected today when i was there this morning.

Hi Bro,

My SE didn't say anything and I am still not back to Singapore. SE only send me a message that car was registered on 30/4 but after that no news.

Thanks for all the advice. appreciated

Any advice of tire to replace with . a no no to China make.. hahaha

should change to 225/65R17 ??

CPC6 or michelin LS3 or pirelli scorpion verde

Good day Bro

Ya. front passenger side. the outer surface is flat and inner groove still in good condition. End up i hv to change all four tire earlier as the other three still with good condition groove.

My xv was both front tires like that.  Turned out due to underinflation.

Don't think applies to you as yours only one tire affected. 

Hi Bro,

My SE didn't say anything and I am still not back to Singapore. SE only send me a message that car was registered on 30/4 but after that no news.

Maybe is ready for collection and your SE is waiting for you to be back in town. 

Trying contacting him to check the status. 

Once your car is registered, your COE start countdown already.

(edited)

Maybe is ready for collection and your SE is waiting for you to be back in town. 

Trying contacting him to check the status. 

Once your car is registered, your COE start countdown already.

Yea I know the COE starts after registered. will check with him. But even if the car is ready, both my wife and I also not available to collect it.

Edited by Epsilon

(edited)

Hi Richard,

This one is it good compare with those Android : 

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/products-detail/index.html/?product=AVH-X8850BT

Thanks

Long

Hi Long,

Depends on what you want but my choice is clear on getting full android headunit with optical output.

If you are familiar with android handphone and wish for full flexibility, full android headunit is still very much preferred.  Androidauto/Carplay in these branded headunit still has limited apps that are available for downloaded from their websites unlike full android headunit that can use ANY playstore apps e.g. preferred tune-in apps for internet radio,  preferred Onkyo HF Player to playback dsd music, preferred sound/video processing apps etc.  However, typical apps like googlemap, instagram, utube etc. are available on androidauto depending which branded companies.

Furthermore, androidauto/carplay headunits' main purpose is to use with your mobile phone which also means having 2 equipment to be used that is of more complicated control for usage and not the safest thing to do when driving while android headunit is fully integrated.  Moreover, you will also find that these branded androidauto/carplay headunits are USA-centric or Europe-centre with less features available outside USA.

For the previous concern on sound quality of android headunit due to unknown aka low end digital-analog converter aka DAC, this world's 1st includes optical output that basically bypass the built-in DAC and allows you to use the latest and greatest aftermarket DAC for best sound quality.

Last but not least the android headunit with its 10" IPS screen will overwhelm you as compared to these 7-8" branded dull display.

However, if you are not into flexibility/options of playstore apps and typical Apple IOS user (which I am not and do not support) and have no plan for external processor, this Pioneer or any androidauto/carplay headunit will be fine.

Cheers,

Richard

CPC6 or michelin LS3 or pirelli scorpion verde

Hi Understaker_s,

I would list them in preference of Michelin LS3, then Pirelli Scorpion Verde and then CPC6 depending on available sizes.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Just gotten my ride this morning and tested the stock tyre on wet road since it started raining.

Visable road noise and raining drop hitting the roof that provided additional surround sound to the music i was playing.

When braking to complete stop, felt the bite is not there and the braking distance is slightly longer then anticipated.

Tried the 99 curvy road near NUH/NUS, traction is good and road handling stable with abit of rolling felt.

Going over hump and up steep slow without difficulty.

Overall, still enjoyable.

(edited)

Hi Bro,

After your deposit for booking; any further payment?

If I did not remember wrongly, there was a form on delay collection, that they would had provided to you for endorsement.

Else, according to their terms and conditions; they do charge for vehicle storage when it is not collected when ready.

Can share the number of cars to be collected?

Saw any XT?

Edited by OnceInALifeTime

If I did not remember wrongly, there was a form on delay collection, that they would had provided to you for endorsement.

Else, according to their terms and conditions; they do charge for vehicle storage when it is not collected when ready.

Saw any XT?

i already did a final payment, that why the car was registered on 30/4. I didn't ask for delay and also the SE also didn't inform me the car is ready. 

(edited)

Congrats on your collection!

What was the speed when you were driving through 99?

mmmm...... within speed limits ......

Hi Long,

Depends on what you want but my choice is clear on getting full android headunit with optical output.

If you are familiar with android handphone and wish for full flexibility, full android headunit is still very much preferred. Androidauto/Carplay in these branded headunit still has limited apps that are available for downloaded from their websites unlike full android headunit that can use ANY playstore apps e.g. preferred tune-in apps for internet radio, preferred Onkyo HF Player to playback dsd music, preferred sound/video processing apps etc. However, typical apps like googlemap, instagram, utube etc. are available on androidauto depending which branded companies.

Furthermore, androidauto/carplay headunits' main purpose is to use with your mobile phone which also means having 2 equipment to be used that is of more complicated control for usage and not the safest thing to do when driving while android headunit is fully integrated. Moreover, you will also find that these branded androidauto/carplay headunits are USA-centric or Europe-centre with less features available outside USA.

For the previous concern on sound quality of android headunit due to unknown aka low end digital-analog converter aka DAC, this world's 1st includes optical output that basically bypass the built-in DAC and allows you to use the latest and greatest aftermarket DAC for best sound quality.

Last but not least the android headunit with its 10" IPS screen will overwhelm you as compared to these 7-8" branded dull display.

However, if you are not into flexibility/options of playstore apps and typical Apple IOS user (which I am not and do not support) and have no plan for external processor, this Pioneer or any androidauto/carplay headunit will be fine.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Understaker_s,

I would list them in preference of Michelin LS3, then Pirelli Scorpion Verde and then CPC6 depending on available sizes.

Cheers,

Richard

Saw on their website Kim Hoe have LS3 promotion for 225/65R17. I think is 235/pc online purchase and there is a promo code to enjoy further discount.

Saw any XT?

Sorry bro nope only FNA.... overcrowded at the holding area... Edited by Snoopy-sg

mmmm...... within speed limits ......

Saw on their website Kim Hoe have LS3 promotion for 225/65R17. I think is 235/pc online purchase and there is a promo code to enjoy further discount.

Sorry bro nope only FNA.... overcrowded at the holding area...

Are you going to change your tyres to LS3?

i already did a final payment, that why the car was registered on 30/4. I didn't ask for delay and also the SE also didn't inform me the car is ready.

Maybe you can text your SE and let him know when you back and the status for car collection.

Are you going to change your tyres to LS3?

Yes most likely. Saw the car fender area and shock, scare the P3ST (235/55R17) will rub against it.

LS3 (225/65R17) with a higher profile by 23mm, think still have room.

But the alignment of the wheel seem to move towards the left when travel at straight road, therefore decided to monitor first before changing the tire.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All!

The Forester i-L caught my eyes during the recent Car Expo and I've been considering about getting it. I believe it is most value for money. My wife and I are really impressed with the features of the Forester during our test drive and agreed that we should top up $3K for the sports accessories. The problem is that the package comes with the leather seats with Suede Trim and we are worried on the maintenance of the Suede seats. We've asked the SE if we can do away with the Suede seats and revert to the normal leather seats but the SE will not give in. 

Any user able to advice me on this?    

Thank you!

Hi All!

The Forester i-L caught my eyes during the recent Car Expo and I've been considering about getting it. I believe it is most value for money. My wife and I are really impressed with the features of the Forester during our test drive and agreed that we should top up $3K for the sports accessories. The problem is that the package comes with the leather seats with Suede Trim and we are worried on the maintenance of the Suede seats. We've asked the SE if we can do away with the Suede seats and revert to the normal leather seats but the SE will not give in.

Any user able to advice me on this?

Thank you!

They want to do it as one size fits all format,so unless you don't take the package,you can't opt out of it.

Honestly, I think it looks good as stock.

Maybe...you would like to discuss it again with your wife?

↡ Advertisement