2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Neutral Newbie

They want to do it as one size fits all format,so unless you don't take the package,you can't opt out of it.

Honestly, I think it looks good as stock.

Maybe...you would like to discuss it again with your wife?

Hi Brass,

Thanks for the advice! We'll make another trip down and look at both again.

BTW, seems like MI doesn't offer much freebies. 

Can anyone share what was offered when you guys purchased your Foresters? I went back the thread for about 30 pages but no mention about this.

TIA! 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi All!

The Forester i-L caught my eyes during the recent Car Expo and I've been considering about getting it. I believe it is most value for money. My wife and I are really impressed with the features of the Forester during our test drive and agreed that we should top up $3K for the sports accessories. The problem is that the package comes with the leather seats with Suede Trim and we are worried on the maintenance of the Suede seats. We've asked the SE if we can do away with the Suede seats and revert to the normal leather seats but the SE will not give in.

Any user able to advice me on this?

Thank you!

Hi Scholes87,

Indeed the partial suede seats is a turnoff .. not only hard to maintain but looks dirty and worn out even when brand new and a guaranteed dust magnet.

My advice to my 2 managers who bought the fna recently (1 collecting on sunday) is to keep it and if really cannot tahan as I would, ask MI for leather shop contact and go retrofit to full leather for say sgd500-800.

There is another option of 1.9k instead of 3k without the partial suede seats but cannot remember details except that it is not worth it ..think without several key items. Pls go find out if it suits you betta.

Btw, 3k for front sports grills, front+rear bumper lips, sti leather gear knob, bumper protector trim etc. is vfm and looks good !!

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Chucky,

Got it and thanks .. hope my 5 mth old 3M should be ok and yes, Zen put very little water to paste on his clear one.

Fingercrossed .... and will share update in few weeks' time but hapoy still cos the sickening feeling experience with just 3M ceramic for our fxt is no go.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Bros,

Update on 2nd layer clear Zen solar film onto lousy 3M ceramic ...

At least for now no blurry or watery vision both day and nite ..looks same as with 1 layer or cannot tell.

What I can tell is heat/IR rejection is certainly much betta and sgd200 for windscreen and front windows had been a great fix.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Brass,

Can anyone share what was offered when you guys purchased your Foresters? I went back the thread for about 30 pages but no mention about this.

TIA!

Yes, not many freebies offered. When I bought, they lowered the price by $1000 but removed some accessories along with it. I had to top up $500 for 2way camera and autofolding mirrors. Not sure what the other $500 worth of accessories are. SE then offered boot cargo tray and 3M style (style only, not actual 3M) car mats. Solar film (excluding sunroof) is apparently already included in the price. I asked for door visors but SE was not willing to give. Managed to get 6pc magnetic sun shades for side windows, so basically only 3 freebies in total. For the seats, I found the suede ones more comfortable than the full leather seats. In fact, I wanted to get the normal non-sport version with top up to upgrade to the suede seats, but SE told me that it can't be done. So just went with the sport version. My old Latio had part alcantara seats but in beige, looked OK and felt comfortable. Black suede does indeed look worn out and a potential dust magnet, but I don't mind it for the comfort.

Also IMO, I think you're buying quite late. If the salesperson hasn't told you already, you should be prepared to top up another 10k for VES if the car isn't registered by 30th June. Should clarify with the SE, they may have stock if some owners who booked decide not to buy in the end.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Brass,

TIA!

Floor mats (standard carpet+rubberised)

Window visors

Umbrella

No more Liao

The rest all standard

Key pouch pocket

Solar film

2 keys

You have to buy your own in car camera

So indeed,the freebies offered is paltry.

Edited by Brass

(edited)

Hi Bros,

At least for now no blurry or watery vision both day and nite ..looks same as with 1 layer or cannot tell.

What I can tell is heat/IR rejection is certainly much betta and sgd200 for windscreen and front windows had been a great fix.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Today can felt the different and the “power” of stock firm.

temperature set to 20 and blow apples level 4. Still can feel the heat.

Think will follow you to go for the overlay (windscreen) after 1 month. Will be doing for the moonroof too.

Edited by Snoopy-sg

Hi Bro,

My SE didn't say anything and I am still not back to Singapore. SE only send me a message that car was registered on 30/4 but after that no news.

I would suggest that you dropped them an e-mail to find out when will be your collection day and start documenting the correspondence.

As you had lost of use for your vehicle and no updates had been provided to you.

I would suggest that you dropped them an e-mail to find out when will be your collection day and start documenting the correspondence.

As you had lost of use for your vehicle and no updates had been provided to you.

Thanks. Will check with my SE, lost of use is ok since no one is able to pick up the Car even if I can get it now. I still have my current ride so my SE is only waiting for me to go back singapore.

Hi Brass,

TIA! 

It will depends alot on the sales fellow who attend to you.

Some might be willing to give more, some not so. I assume it also depends on their sales quota.

You are ask for plenty of stuffs, might or might not get it. Depends which fellow you meet up.

For my situation, I got almost nothing compared to the other owners or would-be owners here.

However, my focus in my transaction is; do not mess up stuffs for me and bring me inconvenience.

My experience is; their sales do have the audacity to request you to be at the showroom where they are performing their duties when they do need you to endorse on documents. When you had specified your preferred location. It is only after insisting on the showroom location of my convenience; they will get their colleague to assist them.

Hi Bros,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, any idea how much if we include back windows also? I can feel the sun burn from windscreen, so much diff from my previous vkool. Now on the default hyper film, thinking of overlay also.

Hi Brass,

TIA!

I got a 1k discount, window film, reverse sensor and car mat.

(edited)

Floor mats (standard carpet+rubberised)

Window visors

Umbrella

No more Liao

The rest all standard

Key pouch pocket

Solar film

2 keys

Hi Brass,

Just to make you feel betta, I got same floor mats and umbrella .. no visor and no key pouch but got 2 keys ..lol !

Richard

Hi Richard, any idea how much if we include back windows also? I can feel the sun burn from windscreen, so much diff from my previous vkool. Now on the default hyper film, thinking of overlay also.

Hi Immotive,

Every side window pairs are sgd80 .. if you do same windscreen and front at sgd200 like me plus back window, it would be sgd280.

Do expect original film scratch to be a bit more obvious which I just noted but not a showstopper for me and not their fault.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Today can felt the different and the âpowerâ of stock firm.

temperature set to 20 and blow apples level 4. Still can feel the heat.

Think will follow you to go for the overlay (windscreen) after 1 month. Will be doing for the moonroof too.

Hi Snoopy,

Haha .. "power" indeed but weather had been also a bit hot.

At least you did not wasted 1k for 3M ..bravo !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi Long,

Depends on what you want but my choice is clear on getting full android headunit with optical output.

If you are familiar with android handphone and wish for full flexibility, full android headunit is still very much preferred.  Androidauto/Carplay in these branded headunit still has limited apps that are available for downloaded from their websites unlike full android headunit that can use ANY playstore apps e.g. preferred tune-in apps for internet radio,  preferred Onkyo HF Player to playback dsd music, preferred sound/video processing apps etc.  However, typical apps like googlemap, instagram, utube etc. are available on androidauto depending which branded companies.

Furthermore, androidauto/carplay headunits' main purpose is to use with your mobile phone which also means having 2 equipment to be used that is of more complicated control for usage and not the safest thing to do when driving while android headunit is fully integrated.  Moreover, you will also find that these branded androidauto/carplay headunits are USA-centric or Europe-centre with less features available outside USA.

For the previous concern on sound quality of android headunit due to unknown aka low end digital-analog converter aka DAC, this world's 1st includes optical output that basically bypass the built-in DAC and allows you to use the latest and greatest aftermarket DAC for best sound quality.

Last but not least the android headunit with its 10" IPS screen will overwhelm you as compared to these 7-8" branded dull display.

However, if you are not into flexibility/options of playstore apps and typical Apple IOS user (which I am not and do not support) and have no plan for external processor, this Pioneer or any androidauto/carplay headunit will be fine.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Understaker_s,

I would list them in preference of Michelin LS3, then Pirelli Scorpion Verde and then CPC6 depending on available sizes.

Cheers,

Richard

Wow, very clear. Noted with thanks, I will go for Android HU.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, not many freebies offered. When I bought, they lowered the price by $1000 but removed some accessories along with it. I had to top up $500 for 2way camera and autofolding mirrors. Not sure what the other $500 worth of accessories are. SE then offered boot cargo tray and 3M style (style only, not actual 3M) car mats. Solar film (excluding sunroof) is apparently already included in the price. I asked for door visors but SE was not willing to give. Managed to get 6pc magnetic sun shades for side windows, so basically only 3 freebies in total. For the seats, I found the suede ones more comfortable than the full leather seats. In fact, I wanted to get the normal non-sport version with top up to upgrade to the suede seats, but SE told me that it can't be done. So just went with the sport version. My old Latio had part alcantara seats but in beige, looked OK and felt comfortable. Black suede does indeed look worn out and a potential dust magnet, but I don't mind it for the comfort.

Also IMO, I think you're buying quite late. If the salesperson hasn't told you already, you should be prepared to top up another 10k for VES if the car isn't registered by 30th June. Should clarify with the SE, they may have stock if some owners who booked decide not to buy in the end.

Hi, just made my booking for FNA today. SE did mention that won't kanna VES 10k in July though, as my car may only arrive in July shipment (asked and double confirmed with him before signing)

Hypersonic

Hi Bros,

Cheers.

Richard

I opt out MI solar film on booking an go for Zen solar on 2nd day of car collection. No regret. Cheap and good.

• Praise 1

Hi, just made my booking for FNA today. SE did mention that won't kanna VES 10k in July though, as my car may only arrive in July shipment (asked and double confirmed with him before signing)

Wow fast, the recent shipment all taken. Need to wait for the next shipment already?

By the way, our FNA come with battery that still need battery water. Last seen those batteries 20years ago.

Neutral Newbie

Wow fast, the recent shipment all taken. Need to wait for the next shipment already?

By the way, our FNA come with battery that still need battery water. Last seen those batteries 20years ago.

Haha I asked him to delay delivery of my car as I have quite some time left on current car. By the way, have any of the Bros here tried changing to brown leather via MI?

(edited)

Hi Snoopy,

Last production of sj forester at Fuji Industries will be Jun 2018 .. hence the great price of 94.8k for the FNA and 3k more for vfm sports package .. this is my understanding.

Whatever rocks your boat but the new "sk" version which we should see on the road from Jan 2019 ploying Singapore road is too rugged for me.

It is now typical and boring SUV black plastics above wheel arch specially liked by USA owners but yes, I would have love to have eyesight version 3 which is still questionable if MI will bring in this option and at whst price ..like missed eyesight version 2.0 for my sjg fxt :(

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement