2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

Hi Tohto/Snoopy,

Shipping charges are provided by Japanparts.com and not too bad at less than 400 for about 2.3k excluding gst but please note that at offset48 J7.5, it can only accomodated selected Brembo BBK by Subaru and not many other BBK.

More interesting from the limited Forester ts would be their 19" rims with dunno what offsets which I could not find available anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

What is a better offset of the 18" rim that can fit most BBK?

Edited by Epsilon
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi Richard,

What is a better offset of the 18" rim that can fit most BBK?

Hi Epsilon,

Perhaps you are already clear on what is rim size and offset are but I needed to read up here:

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/wheel-width-and-et-offset

Stock fxt's 18" is 7.0J offset 48 I believe and STI's 18" is 7.5J offset 48 ... I was fortunately to get my ProDrive gc-014i at 7.5J offset 38 I think and no trouble fitting big 6/4 KSports BBK. 

Think it is preferred 7.5J to stay like stock STI to avoid undue load on the axles and rubbing or even 8J but for my planned and current max 235mm tyres, it is fine.  For offset, 48 is a no no for limited choice and least clearance ... hence the mentioned limited Brembo bbk for STI 18 rims.

Another pair of this would be nice even though not cheap or about sgd4k+ if you can find them !!!  [bounce1]

https://www.sendico.com/yahoo/lot_j463048791.html

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-80556100-1525657765_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

I second on the partial suede being hard to maintain and looks dirty easily. If you have OCD, then really gd luck to you.

A lot of women's handbag inner lining is actually suede. So if you wife happens to have one of those and use it often, you can take some reference from there.

I didn't have much freebies too, just the camera, door mat and the cargo tray... but as some other bro mentioned, the most important is the smoothness of the transaction as you don't lose much even if you miss 1 or 2 freebies.

Hi Scholes87,

Indeed the partial suede seats is a turnoff .. not only hard to maintain but looks dirty and worn out even when brand new and a guaranteed dust magnet.

My advice to my 2 managers who bought the fna recently (1 collecting on sunday) is to keep it and if really cannot tahan as I would, ask MI for leather shop contact and go retrofit to full leather for say sgd500-800.

There is another option of 1.9k instead of 3k without the partial suede seats but cannot remember details except that it is not worth it ..think without several key items. Pls go find out if it suits you betta.

Btw, 3k for front sports grills, front+rear bumper lips, sti leather gear knob, bumper protector trim etc. is vfm and looks good !!

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Tohto/Snoopy,

Shipping charges are provided by Japanparts.com and not too bad at less than 400 for about 2.3k excluding gst but please note that at offset48 J7.5, it can only accomodated selected Brembo BBK by Subaru and not many other BBK.

More interesting from the limited Forester ts would be their 19" rims with dunno what offsets which I could not find available anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Bros,

BTW, I also highly recommend the molded black A, B, C and especially D pillars from Forester TS as it really make a cozy interior  especially together with the sunshades but of course, some bros may like the bright bright interior for adventurous theme. 

Still,  it make it easy to maintain and while local shop offers some wrapping or spray painting for 1k, just get the black pillars from Japan at less than that and safe/saved from any peeling or installation issues.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Epsilon,

Perhaps you are already clear on what is rim size and offset are but I needed to read up here:

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/wheel-width-and-et-offset

Stock fxt's 18" is 7.0J offset 48 I believe and STI's 18" is 7.5J offset 48 ... I was fortunately to get my ProDrive gc-014i at 7.5J offset 38 I think and no trouble fitting big 6/4 KSports BBK.

Think it is preferred 7.5J to stay like stock STI to avoid undue load on the axles and rubbing or even 8J but for my planned and current max 235mm tyres, it is fine. For offset, 48 is a no no for limited choice and least clearance ... hence the mentioned limited Brembo bbk for STI 18 rims.

Another pair of this would be nice even though not cheap or about sgd4k+ if you can find them !!! [bounce1]

https://www.sendico.com/yahoo/lot_j463048791.html

Cheers,

Richard

The STI ones are available in both 7j and 7.5j offset both 48 though

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/52721

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/41618

I second on the partial suede being hard to maintain and looks dirty easily. If you have OCD, then really gd luck to you.

A lot of women's handbag inner lining is actually suede. So if you wife happens to have one of those and use it often, you can take some reference from there.

I didn't have much freebies too, just the camera, door mat and the cargo tray... but as some other bro mentioned, the most important is the smoothness of the transaction as you don't lose much even if you miss 1 or 2 freebies.

haha... Just to chip in... As I had earlier mentioned pertaining on the smoothness of the transaction.

It does seems that the sales at MI are like property or insurance agents. Different fellow provide different stuffs and eventually it will impact on their commission.

Hence, different individual have different strategy and tactics towards their own sales approach.

Not to mention; it depends also on negotiation between the individual and individual.

Usually, if you are getting a higher amount and longer duration of car loan. You will be able to ask for more stuffs.

As you will be paying more interest.

If you are obtaining minimum loan, most likely you might not be able to get more "freebies".

Eventually, it will still comes from your pocket.

It is good to understand what sort of freebies, other owners obtained. But would suggest that you look into the inner workings of it too.

So when you are negotiating with the sales representative; should you unable to obtain the items that you want. You will not feel overly frustrated with the sales dealing with you.

The question is; are you after the vehicle of your choice? Or the freebies that attract you?

Those sales representatives; I believe that they would want to close the sale. Have a good and sincere discussion with them. Remember the focus and be reasonable. I believe that the entire transaction will be more pleasant. Unless, you had friends who purchased from them previously and through referral. At times, you might get slightly better deal.

Of course; I believe that when purchasing a big ticket and huge depreciating item. It is almost like throwing money into the furnace. You will surely appreciate when the transaction goes smoothly and not giving you any sort of headache.

At the same time, there is no point go trying to present a list of "freebies" that other owners obtained, try to press them, or "squeeze " them to get it. Driving a hard bargain is an issue. As you might not know what will come next?

Why not try to achieve a win-win situation for all parties?

I would suggest that; at any point of time, before payment of deposit. Should you feel uncomfortable with the sales representative, with the negotiation or service. You could just walk away and speak to someone else. As you can decide who you would want to deal with!

Good luck!

• Praise 1

haha... Just to chip in... As I had earlier mentioned pertaining on the smoothness of the transaction.

It does seems that the sales at MI are like property or insurance agents. Different fellow provide different stuffs and eventually it will impact on their commission.

Hence, different individual have different strategy and tactics towards their own sales approach.

Not to mention; it depends also on negotiation between the individual and individual.

Usually, if you are getting a higher amount and longer duration of car loan. You will be able to ask for more stuffs.

As you will be paying more interest.

If you are obtaining minimum loan, most likely you might not be able to get more "freebies".

Eventually, it will still comes from your pocket.

It is good to understand what sort of freebies, other owners obtained. But would suggest that you look into the inner workings of it too.

So when you are negotiating with the sales representative; should you unable to obtain the items that you want. You will not feel overly frustrated with the sales dealing with you.

The question is; are you after the vehicle of your choice? Or the freebies that attract you?

Those sales representatives; I believe that they would want to close the sale. Have a good and sincere discussion with them. Remember the focus and be reasonable. I believe that the entire transaction will be more pleasant. Unless, you had friends who purchased from them previously and through referral. At times, you might get slightly better deal.

Of course; I believe that when purchasing a big ticket and huge depreciating item. It is almost like throwing money into the furnace. You will surely appreciate when the transaction goes smoothly and not giving you any sort of headache.

At the same time, there is no point go trying to present a list of "freebies" that other owners obtained, try to press them, or "squeeze " them to get it. Driving a hard bargain is an issue. As you might not know what will come next?

Why not try to achieve a win-win situation for all parties?

I would suggest that; at any point of time, before payment of deposit. Should you feel uncomfortable with the sales representative, with the negotiation or service. You could just walk away and speak to someone else. As you can decide who you would want to deal with!

Good luck!

Hi KC,

Believe all car salesmen are the same as described .. nothing to do with MI only.

Just to add, do not test drive else you are stuck with that particular salesman for 6 mths.

Cheers.

Richard

The STI ones are available in both 7j and 7.5j offset both 48 though

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/52721

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/41618

Hey Zpliu,

Noted and tks .. guess 7j like stock 18 for fxt will not be too popular due to typical upsizing tyres if you bother with such luxury of STI rims in the 1st place.

Cheers.

Richard

also on the bank that you want to take the loan from. different bank gives different commission to the SE. so the SE will give different freebies based on how much commission they are getting. 

• Praise 1

Hi all, anyone know where get the Magnetic Shades for FNA locally? Looking for 7 piece type, include the top one..... [sunny]

try call hock cheong for Laser Shades

(edited)

Hi all, anyone know where get the Magnetic Shades for FNA locally? Looking for 7 piece type, include the top one..... [sunny]

Hi Titaniclexus,

Carousell many sellers and same for FNA/FXT but din know got 7 pcs including top one ... should be 8  pcs liao since ??  Back, 6 sides and top ???

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Hi KC,

Believe all car salesmen are the same as described .. nothing to do with MI only.

Just to add, do not test drive else you are stuck with that particular salesman for 6 mths.

Cheers.

Richard

Hey Zpliu,

Noted and tks .. guess 7j like stock 18 for fxt will not be too popular due to typical upsizing tyres if you bother with such luxury of STI rims in the 1st place.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

haha... I assumed that you know the inside out of the industry.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Edited by OnceInALifeTime

try call hock cheong for Laser Shades

Hi, can provide me he contact no? What is laser shades? How many pieces huh?

Hi Titaniclexus,

Carousell many sellers and same for FNA/FXT but din know got 7 pcs including top one ... should be 8 pcs liao since ?? Back, 6 sides and top ???

Cheers,

Richard

I trying to find out if got top n rear back....

(edited)

Hi, can provide me he contact no? What is laser shades? How many pieces huh?

I trying to find out if got top n rear back....

http://www.hcgroup.com.sg/index.php

Laser Shades is the brand, 7pcs for sides and rear.

Looks like they also carry other brands, including shades for the sunroof

Edited by Yeowww

Turbocharged

Hi Immotive,

Most welcomed .....

Not sure if 1 layer of Zen solar film is good enuff .... I doubt as mine has both 3M and Zen's.

Like Chucky, you may want to consider 2 layers of Zen after 1 month apart if you are removing MI's.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard.. I had 3M crystalline and it’s absolutely not enough. Added 1 layer of Zen tint and it’s better.. so got 1 layer of 3M and 1 layer of Zen film.

Then unlucky enough my windscreen got chipped by road debris and cracked.. and I replaced entire windscreen and got went to do 1 layer of Zen, then do another layer 3 weeks later. The solar feel on the dashboard is that 2 layer of Zen or 1 layer of 3M and 1 layer of Zen is the same feel...

Then more unlucky.. my rear glass also cracked and redo entire rear glass with 2 layer of Zen over 3 weeks... initially was 1 layer 3M and 1 layer Zen.

The reason why 3M crystalline is not good is due to the VLT - visible light transmission.. their specs that is LTA compliant is the lightest.. the next one fails LTA specs by about 3% on paper specs before laying over the glass..

Skip 3M and go Vkool is want to spend anything more than 1k on solar film is my advice.

Why not try OZ Rims?

500x500-cc-ffffff.jpg

OZ not strong enough... unless on rim it specific it can carry minimum 500kg per rim.

I had OZ Leggera HLT. The rims didn’t specify max weight... 2 of the OZ rims warped.

I’ll just go Rays from now on.. don’t have to second Guess the strength of the rims

• Praise 2

Richard.. I had 3M crystalline and itâs absolutely not enough. Added 1 layer of Zen tint and itâs better.. so got 1 layer of 3M and 1 layer of Zen film.

Then unlucky enough my windscreen got chipped by road debris and cracked.. and I replaced entire windscreen and got went to do 1 layer of Zen, then do another layer 3 weeks later. The solar feel on the dashboard is that 2 layer of Zen or 1 layer of 3M and 1 layer of Zen is the same feel...

Then more unlucky.. my rear glass also cracked and redo entire rear glass with 2 layer of Zen over 3 weeks... initially was 1 layer 3M and 1 layer Zen.

The reason why 3M crystalline is not good is due to the VLT - visible light transmission.. their specs that is LTA compliant is the lightest.. the next one fails LTA specs by about 3% on paper specs before laying over the glass..

Skip 3M and go Vkool is want to spend anything more than 1k on solar film is my advice.

OZ not strong enough... unless on rim it specific it can carry minimum 500kg per rim.

I had OZ Leggera HLT. The rims didnât specify max weight... 2 of the OZ rims warped.

Iâll just go Rays from now on.. donât have to second Guess the strength of the rims

Hey Chucky,

Thanks for the detailed sharing of your experience on solar films for bros here and sorry to hear all the incidences :(

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement