2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Like to check again, what's the difficulty in connecting the Subaru factory reverse camera to an aftermarket head unit?

the one that came with my current gen GT7 XV seems to be kaput liao (green screen), probably need headunit replacement but i rather go aftermarket for Android Auto capabilty.

thanks in advance (tried searching thru thread but couldn't find the exact info discussed before).

8 hours ago, Sarion said:

Like to check again, what's the difficulty in connecting the Subaru factory reverse camera to an aftermarket head unit?

the one that came with my current gen GT7 XV seems to be kaput liao (green screen), probably need headunit replacement but i rather go aftermarket for Android Auto capabilty.

thanks in advance (tried searching thru thread but couldn't find the exact info discussed before).

This is my guess only and I might be wrong. What is needed  is for the head unit to switch to the camera input when you put your car into reverse and then switch back to whatever video input or back to the HU GUI screen after you switch out of reverse.  The signal can be any 12V line say from the reverse lamp or the reverse buzzer. This signal will let the HU know that it is on reverse gear and the HU input will switch to the rear camera.  I suspect that there are probably many such HU in the market.

https://android-headunits.com/connecting-a-reversing-camera-to-an-android-headunit/

• Praise 1

On 8/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, richard_crl032 said:

@Ixat 

Oops .. yes, different part nos.

Fxt: Item number: ST20330SF000 Front x 2
Item number: ST20380SF000 Rear x 2

Fna: Item number: ST20330SF010 For front x 2
Item number: ST20380SF010 For rear x 2

Cannot remember garden hose only bottom or both ends but maybe someone here can advise but workshops like BKS, BMS, SKM etc. should know.

Cheers.

Got my STI pinks and Endurapro Plus installed yesterday. Ride handling and comfort have both improved. Springs are properly damped now. Very happy!

now to further fine tune the tyre pressure and also damping settings.

@richard_crl032do you still recall the “clicks” u liked on the Endurapro before installing the EDFC?

• Praise 1

@Ixat 

Congras ! 

While cannot heard nearer front ones even for driver side's motor, the open rear boot of our forester unfortunately lead straight into cabin unlike sedan. Still distinct motor noise especially for passengers despite packed into soundproof acrylic box seen in early post ... not click click but zzee zzee one especially at low speed low noise environment when very active.

Believe the extenders are the main culprit even when also wrapped and will take major mod of side panel to avoid on panel using extender but mount directly over the dampers like front ones.

Nevertheless, when roaring down expressway on high speed especially alone, the noise is not obvious to the driver when music is playing and I am anal on noise having aural ocd.

For your million $ question .. yes, I will still hv installed it knowing what I know no cos handling from active suspension especially at high speed safe and comfy ... ymmv of course. For example, my current comfy setting of 20/20 out of 32/32 can be stiffen up to 10/14 when cornering right at high speed .. no way 20/20 can feel the same or safer, right ?

Cheers.

PS: Feel free to PM to test drive but I do hv extensive soundproofing for my fxt

Edited by richard_crl032

2 hours ago, Ixat said:

Got my STI pinks and Endurapro Plus installed yesterday. Ride handling and comfort have both improved. Springs are properly damped now. Very happy!

now to further fine tune the tyre pressure and also damping settings.

@richard_crl032do you still recall the “clicks” u liked on the Endurapro before installing the EDFC?

Oops .. think I misunderstood your query.

When with pink springs that are softer and longer than current Swift ones, it was set stiffer at 18/18 of 32/32 I believe .... edfc allows 16, 32 or 64 incremental adjustment but I wun go 64 else there will be even more incremental adjustment i.e. noisy even at smaller steps.

Cannot remember how many manual clicks but use 18/32 x whatever no. of clicks to try then but again yymv cos each car different with mods ... enjoy !

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Just got a secondhand 18 forester. Would like to know, if the moonroof actually leak water? 

also, does the rear differential needs to change oil at 45k interval? 

thanks in advance!

Hi all, in the past year, my head lights (left side) with the SRH (Streering Responsive Headlights) started acting weirdly. 

Initially, whenever I turned to the left on my steering, the lights would blink and then come back on. After a few months, even when my I'm steering straight, the headlight stopped lighting up. Only when I steer far left or right does it light up. The headlight on the right isn't affected.

Not sure how many others have the same issue I'm having. Question is whether there is a cheap solution to this.

I did bring my car into MI to get it checked and they quoted about $3k to replace the whole assembly. 

I got my car in Jan 2017, so it's way past its warranty period. Thanks in advance for any advice.

@flikmy Quite rare failure till date for 5 yrs old forester or even earliest 8 yrs old SJ ones  .. do go to Hongyu at Turf Club City among the car resale shops for them to check and quote you how much to fix it .. 3k is indeed reasonable cos they are damn expensive parts but HongYu are quite expert on our type led headlights.  All the best ! 🤞🤞

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

52 minutes ago, flikmy said:

Hi all, in the past year, my head lights (left side) with the SRH (Streering Responsive Headlights) started acting weirdly. 

Initially, whenever I turned to the left on my steering, the lights would blink and then come back on. After a few months, even when my I'm steering straight, the headlight stopped lighting up. Only when I steer far left or right does it light up. The headlight on the right isn't affected.

Not sure how many others have the same issue I'm having. Question is whether there is a cheap solution to this.

I did bring my car into MI to get it checked and they quoted about $3k to replace the whole assembly. 

I got my car in Jan 2017, so it's way past its warranty period. Thanks in advance for any advice.

14 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

@flikmy Quite rare failure till date for 5 yrs old forester or even earliest 8 yrs old SJ ones  .. do go to Hongyu at Turf Club City among the car resale shops for them to check and quote you how much to fix it .. 3k is indeed reasonable cos they are damn expensive parts but HongYu are quite expert on our type led headlights.  All the best ! 🤞🤞

I think not really rare problem. This is a killer, you may probably need to spend about $2k if you go outside MI to do it. Of cos MI chare you $3k. Haha

I not supposed to advertise and the guy that did it for my friends is also not my friend. I can only tell you the workshop is in Sin Ming[laugh]

• Praise 2

Brand new is about 1.7k/each ... I sold mint left one for 1k some 1 yr ago and just sold the mint right one for 800 just 2 weeks ago ... one buyer from workshop and the other from car rental coy 

SRH is within the headlight assembly and just plug n play .. missed that MI's charge of 3k is only for 1 affected left side ? 🤦‍♂️

Cheers.

NB: Rare enuff not reported here or among my forester kakis but sure .. lightning strikes 😂

Screenshot_20221027-190628_Chrome.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

12 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Brand new is about 1.7k/each ... I sold mint left one for 1k some 1 yr ago and just sold the mint right one for 800 just 2 weeks ago ... one buyer from workshop and the other from car rental coy 

SRH is within the headlight assembly and just plug n play .. missed that MI's charge of 3k is only for 1 affected left side ? 🤦‍♂️

Cheers.

NB: Rare enuff not reported here or among my forester kakis but sure .. lightning strikes 😂

Screenshot_20221027-190628_Chrome.jpg

Oh, does it mean that it’s simple enough to replace ourselves?

@Greddy82 Guess no different from fna or other cars ... temperature is high only when chionging with turbo spooling up which is not the case on q.  In fact, engine of fxt is cooler than fna due to the hearsay need to do so to get it more torque and power .. but higher engine temp of fna had been validated.  Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1