2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Wow, very good FC u got. Especially for a turbo. May I know what petrol grade you pump? 95? 98? vpower?

Running on Caltex 95 since day one on intelligence or "I" mode. The "I" is most economical and the power is almost similar to Airtrek's power. Hence, hardly use the "sport" or "sport #" mode.

↡ Advertisement

On highway it is possible, though I think the best I ever got on SH9XT was 11.4km/L. The new SJ ones should be better.

Wow, very good FC u got. Especially for a turbo. May I know what petrol grade you pump? 95? 98? vpower?

• Praise 1

Three minor issues I feel uncomfortable are: -

1) Power rear gate is slightly retard,

2) Air conditioning temp has to set below 21 degree to prevent “recirulate” vent opening once the temp reach around 24~25 degree programmed under factory setting.

3) Auto head light – too sensitive.

2) That happens with my new forester as well as my old legacy. What I discovered is that if you press the recirculate button twice, it will not switch to 'outside-air' mode.

3) On the contrary, I find it not sensitive enough. I based my observation on comparison with other cars which have auto headlight and I realized it always switches on later under the same condition as compared to other makes, e.g. Toyota/Lexus. For e.g. when you pass under a bridge or into the tunnel it will tend to switch on slower than most other cars with auto-headlight. Anyway I believe it is mentioned in the manual this setting can be changed with a visit to the AD.

• Praise 2

2) That happens with my new forester as well as my old legacy. What I discovered is that if you press the recirculate button twice, it will not switch to 'outside-air' mode.

3) On the contrary, I find it not sensitive enough. I based my observation on comparison with other cars which have auto headlight and I realized it always switches on later under the same condition as compared to other makes, e.g. Toyota/Lexus. For e.g. when you pass under a bridge or into the tunnel it will tend to switch on slower than most other cars with auto-headlight. Anyway I believe it is mentioned in the manual this setting can be changed with a visit to the AD.

Well noted on item 2 and thanks. Will try your method.

At between 07:15 ~07:35 hours when the sky is bright, the auto-headlight is still on. Sadly AD unable to fix it during my first oil change.

Turbocharged

yup basically, override the auto function. Just gotta do it everytime start car.

for me, I keep the a/c temp at 18deg 99% of the time lol

• Praise 1

I am driving a Forester XT for the pass 9 months (bought new) and enjoying every min of it. Prior to the Forester, was driving Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo. Hence, did not consider the non-turbo version. If were to compare base on the same capacity and power, the Forester seem to perform better in term of power, comfort and fuel consumption. (Both are stock)

Tested the BMW X1, Mazda C5 2.0 and 2.5l. Quite like the X1 and the performance and feel came close to my Airtrek and Forester. But wasn’t prepared to fork out over 200K for it. Also, not used to the start-stop function on the X1 and C5. Hence, decided to go with Forester.

Three minor issues I feel uncomfortable are: -

1) Power rear gate is slightly retard,

2) Air conditioning temp has to set below 21 degree to prevent “recirulate” vent opening once the temp reach around 24~25 degree programmed under factory setting.

3) Auto head light – too sensitive.

Managed to clock an avg of 12.5km/l (90% highway) with occasional spirit driving. Which is almost similar to my wife’s Altis.

Once started with SUV, you will unlikely return to sedan as embarking and disembarking is definitely easier compared to sedan.

Trust the above will assist you to make an informed decision.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Since you bought new, what's the insurance premium like.. always wondered if for turbo cars (esp Subaru), will it be higher... as compared to Nissan X-Trail, Honda CRV..etc (non-turbo)

• Praise 1

A bit curious ....

If never refill engine oil and coolant, the car can't even move 100m before engine will seize and you need to CHANGE entire engine.

So doubtful that you can do 6 months driving on a "dry" car and still can refill the fluids and now drive normal.

Perhaps you need to get expert opinion on what exactly happened.

Jin drama and jin exggerated. Those old cars leaking engine oil and coolant will stall all over Singapore roads if it were to happen the way you described it.

The car's engine isn't filled to the brim with engine oil. If you look at the oil dipstick you will realise how far deep you have to insert it into the engine to read that few inches of indication it's "max". Engine oil is primarily lubrication. Even if it's empty there will be residual oil and some left in the oil sump. If there isn't enough coolant I'm not so worried. If the radiator fan isn't working that's actually more worrying when it comes to overheating. With minimum level of coolant the engine can still be sufficiently cooled. The max. and min. level are just a range But ppl kick up a big fuss when it hits min. level as if it's totally empty. Same with engine oil, at min. level it doesn't mean it's empty.

Prease, for all those making comments. Prease know the difference between min. level and totally empty for crying out loud.

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing the info.

Since you bought new, what's the insurance premium like.. always wondered if for turbo cars (esp Subaru), will it be higher... as compared to Nissan X-Trail, Honda CRV..etc (non-turbo)

slightly above 2k is i remember correctly. Have to buy from AD during the negotiation.

Thanks!

Just signed on dotted line today @ LK for XT and collection next Friday.

Age 41

Experience 8yrs

NCD 50%

Isurance for XT thru Motor Image $1314

• Praise 2

Age 41

Experience 8yrs

NCD 50%

Congrats! I was quoted 138000 for XT about 1-2 weeks ago, after that got quoted 139888 few days later. So inconsistent....

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Age 41

Experience 8yrs

NCD 50%

how much did you pay for the car? i got mine at 139k which was June 1st bidding

• Praise 1

Good price! Gave you freebies some more... The sales who attended to me didn't even offer me any freebies, he also mentioned that there will only be $50 off if I opt out the window film. I told him that I will wait and see how's the market like after July, don't wanna hurry and sign the dotted line...

Neutral Newbie

quick question...

is the H/K sound system on the XT good enough?

I know 'good enough' is subjective so, in a general sense.

• Praise 1

quick question...

is the H/K sound system on the XT good enough?

I know 'good enough' is subjective so, in a general sense.

Very very subjective.. haha. chasing audio-nirvana must have deep deep pockets.

IMO, enjoy the XT exhaust better.. that's why you consider the XT right? [laugh]

Age 41

Experience 8yrs

NCD 50%

Congrats and delivery is fast! NICE.

Clarification on the insurance.. after 50% and it's $1314 or not yet less 50% yet?

↡ Advertisement