Taiwan: Car Rental (Taipei)

BabyBlade

On 6/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, Deividz said:

Toyota Vios.

Just enough for 2 adults and 3 young kids.

2400 NTD before 40% discount

Hi Sir, 

I'm touring TW for one month soon, planned to rent a car to visit all the nice places with my family. Any advice for 1st timer driver in TW? 

Any reliable car rental co. in Taipei to recommend? 

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i used rentalcars all the time

so far so good ...

the online booking is delivered by car rental company onsite timely

👌

Thanks for the reply, since they are the broker, which company that you choose as they have both local and international rental company?

10 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Thanks for the reply, since they are the broker, which company that you choose as they have both local and international rental company?

i always go for cheap and good “affordable” la based on the car model that i have selected. 🙂

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Besides car rental, there're also scooter rentals(about NT300 per day). For folks who visited Taiwan, you'll notice it's a country full of scooters with dedicated scooter path on most roads. Parking is easier on narrow city streets. But you need to check with rental outlet that they entertain foreign passport and foreign bike license. If you intend to pick up from A city and return in B city, you'll need to enquire beforehand. Or you can simply arrange for another rental when you arrive at the next destination.

BTW, motorbikes and scooters are NOT allowed onto expressways in Taiwan. 

• Praise 1

in taiwan i always bao a driver cum car

drop off at Point A ... jalan jalan to Point B then wait for pick up ... 

no headache finding parking place at all tourist attractions and super popular eating places ... 😁

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, Jman888 said:

Anyone tried Rentalcars or EasyRentcars? both are brokers.

I used Rentalcars through SQ website a few time. 

So far had rent through them for Germany, Thailand and coming Taiwan trip.

Opt for the fully paid insurance with them and no need to pay any extra during collection.

They tight with many rental company so many choice to choose from.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:24 AM, Wt_know said:

in taiwan i always bao a driver cum car

drop off at Point A ... jalan jalan to Point B then wait for pick up ... 

no headache finding parking place at all tourist attractions and super popular eating places ... 😁

In city like Taipei,  train, bus and taxi is good enough. 

Trip to more rural place like qingjing, yilan, hualian etc... having a rental car will have a freedom move and stop as you like.

39 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I used Rentalcars through SQ website a few time. 

So far had rent through them for Germany, Thailand and coming Taiwan trip.

Opt for the fully paid insurance with them and no need to pay any extra during collection.

They tight with many rental company so many choice to choose from.

I made a reservation with easyrentcars.com but they called me 2 days after and told me the car is not available and cancel the booking.

then I saw AVIS having promotion for 50% off for booking made by end of the year and travel by Mar'20.

For bros that like to rent a car and drive around Taiwan. 

It will be easier now to drive between Yilan and Hualian with the completion of the new tunnel.

My visit last month took me more than 2 hours to drive between this 2 city through the 稣花公路. About 80km drive along the winding road with Pacific ocean at the side. But the scenery was beautiful. 

Now the new tunnel cut short the distance and time.

https://youtu.be/j1NfIpv6yyk

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Thinking of doing a self-drive come March in Taiwan from Tao Yuan to Chaiyi and then KaoHsiung

Few Questions

1. I tried Rentalcars but now their website under countries don't have Taiwan? I can only find AVIS online though their own website, any other recommendations?

2. If I would like to visit night markets in Kaohsiung, it is difficult to find car parks near the road sides or do they have designated open air carparks?

3. As I plan to arrive after dark around 8pm, is it difficult to drive out from Tao Yuan at night all the way south?

Seeking advice 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, nigel8210 said:

Thinking of doing a self-drive come March in Taiwan from Tao Yuan to Chaiyi and then KaoHsiung

Few Questions

1. I tried Rentalcars but now their website under countries don't have Taiwan? I can only find AVIS online though their own website, any other recommendations?

2. If I would like to visit night markets in Kaohsiung, it is difficult to find car parks near the road sides or do they have designated open air carparks?

3. As I plan to arrive after dark around 8pm, is it difficult to drive out from Tao Yuan at night all the way south?

Seeking advice 

Have you tried HoTai rental??? They are the biggest Taiwanese car rental with branches all over Taiwan.

I would not advise to drive at night. No street lamp and be careful of the motorcycles. Also being a left hand drive. Be really careful.

As for parking, can ask your hotel receptionist. They would have the best local information. They should be able to advise you where to park and where is cheaper.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, nigel8210 said:

Few Questions

Seeking advice 

I am now in kaohsiung and has been driving to kenting and inside kaohsiung city for past 4 days.

1. You can try chailease, they are quite big in whole Taiwan and able to pick up from one place and return in another. I rent from Avis and the company is also the agent for Budget.

2. Night market in kaohsiung (or any where in Taiwan) will have parking places near the market, you need to spin around to find one and popular night market like 瑞豐 is very very crowded, 六合 or the rest are quite quiet nowadays.

3. Night driving is ok as it is well lighted, outside the main city need to drive slowly and keep to speed limit, but not that bad cos there won't be that many cars. driving out of taoyuan to chiayi is quite far (about 3 hrs via highway), would suggest you dun do it after landing in the evening, better stay over night in taoyuan.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Aquanark said:

Hi Everyone, 

Does anyone have the latest info on which is the most recommended car rental in TW? 

Chailease? any others? 

I think most herehas not travel there for the past 2yrs 9months. No one will have the latest recommendations. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2