Taiwan: Car Rental (Taipei)

BabyBlade

The air was still ok at 3000m. But the weather was quite cold when I was there in Dec. Mainly due to wind chill.

I can't remember this photo is taken at 五领 or 合欢山.

You can check the mountains area weather at below link.

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7/forecast/entertainment/forest/

thanks for the link, now can monitor from this website  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

This should be taken from Hehuanshan.

5612582240_8820593c20.jpg

Mountain view from Cingjing.

5634807532_c83169fca5.jpg

Sakura at Alishan.

5613567370_8253e47812.jpg

Beautiful.. 

When I was at hehuanshan, the sky is not so clear. Mainly see sea of cloud. Maybe because previous night just had light snow there.

My family of total 5 pax will be going taiwan in Dec.

Itinaery will be å°å-æ¸å¢-é¿éå±±-è±è²-å°å.

Should I drive? Really appreciate feedbacks on this issue. Taking HSR is pretty ex for 5 pax and hiring driver is not cheap either.

your planning need to go from Taipei-> Alishan-> cingjing-> Hua lian -> Taipei

depends on your arrival time, you may have to spend a night in Taichung (逢甲) before heading to alishan.

Now my head is all about work, no time to worry about trip for now....haiZ

not easy, but the driving on all the mountain route is very taxing, cingjing is ok but alishan is not cos you won't see anything on the mountain for 2 hours until you reach the resort on top [sweatdrop]

one important note, sunset at 5pm, is dark after 5, plan carefully if this is your virgin drive in mountain road.

• Praise 1

not easy, but the driving on all the mountain route is very taxing, cingjing is ok but alishan is not cos you won't see anything on the mountain for 2 hours until you reach the resort on top [sweatdrop]

one important note, sunset at 5pm, is dark after 5, plan carefully if this is your virgin drive in mountain road.

Thanks for the heads up. Shall heed.

Bro u should rent a car. Very easy to adapt one.. Just keep right instead of left. Roundabout go anti-clockwise rather than clockwise.. Trust me bro... Nothing beats the convenience and fun of driving [:)][thumbsup]

My 1st time in a LHD vehicle was in Germany many yrs ago... After some 10mins of practicing, I was already doing more than 200km/h on the autobahn.. lol

Despite taking a red-eye flight that unexpectedly delayed for another 3 and half hours before taking off, I felt good upon touching down and just did it!

Thanks for the encouragement Bro.

post-98256-0-93083000-1481968650.jpg

• Praise 3

Despite taking a red-eye flight that unexpectedly delayed for another 3 and half hours before taking off, I felt good upon touching down and just did it!

Enjoy your well deserved holiday and drive safe bro :)

• Praise 10

Enjoy your road trip there.

Also update here how you felt about driving there.

• Praise 1

Me drove a altis for more than 1k.

Reliable but uninspiring drive and a lifeless steering feel.

Drive from West to East through hehuang shan.

It's thick fog allows only 10m of front view and 70% is single lane shared by 2 way traffic. Challenging indeed.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Me drove a altis for more than 1k.

Reliable but uninspiring drive and a lifeless steering feel.

Drive from West to East through hehuang shan.

It's thick fog allows only 10m of front view and 70% is single lane shared by 2 way traffic. Challenging indeed.

May I know where you get the Altis for more than 1k?

I see rates all is above 2k...

thanks.

May I know where you get the Altis for more than 1k?

I see rates all is above 2k...

thanks.

I was referring to distance travelled.

I'm planning a 12 days trip and intend to drive (maybe 8 days) in Taiwan this end Nov. Basically intend to pick up car from Taoyuan airport to Taichung, Cingjing, along the way down to Xinshe etc., Jianheshan Theme park, back to Taipei, Yeliu, Jiufen, Shifen etc. Once covered these area, I can drop out the car and continue with public transport. Not too adventurous thus time becuase travelling with 2 elderly.

I've check a few car rentals (maybe I can write a review on my experience communicating with them later on... hahaha...) and now I need some adv:

1. Was recommended Nissan New Livina 1600cc, anyone tried this car? 5pax full with luggage.

2. Most of the rentals insurance clause:

a)Excess NT10,000,

b)if case of Total loss, excess will be 10% of prevailing market value.

c)In addition, loss of hire during repair period.

d)Do not cover for nature disasters etc.

While most of our travel insurance provide cover rental excess SGD1500 for (a), which is quite sufficient, but (b) is very uncertain. Honestly, the liability for © and (d) is much higher than the excess.

Anyone got any idea to cover this part?

I'm planning a 12 days trip and intend to drive (maybe 8 days) in Taiwan this end Nov. Basically intend to pick up car from Taoyuan airport to Taichung, Cingjing, along the way down to Xinshe etc., Jianheshan Theme park, back to Taipei, Yeliu, Jiufen, Shifen etc. Once covered these area, I can drop out the car and continue with public transport. Not too adventurous thus time becuase travelling with 2 elderly.

I've check a few car rentals (maybe I can write a review on my experience communicating with them later on... hahaha...) and now I need some adv:

1. Was recommended Nissan New Livina 1600cc, anyone tried this car? 5pax full with luggage.

2. Most of the rentals insurance clause:

a)Excess NT10,000,

b)if case of Total loss, excess will be 10% of prevailing market value.

c)In addition, loss of hire during repair period.

d)Do not cover for nature disasters etc.

While most of our travel insurance provide cover rental excess SGD1500 for (a), which is quite sufficient, but (b) is very uncertain. Honestly, the liability for © and (d) is much higher than the excess.

Anyone got any idea to cover this part?

My comments for the car you select. Since you have 5 person and luggage. The route you will be driving through mountains and long distance. It is better to get a bigger car with at least 2.0L. Car will be less under power and more comfort for the passengers.

↡ Advertisement