SUV: X-Trail or Harrier?

Char

(edited)

Which one is a good buy ? Both about the same price and Harrier higher OMV and different about few thousands in OMV, X-trail offer free 2 years servicing and 5 years warranty and PI consider no warranty .

AD VS PI !

2WD VS 4WD !

Edited by Char
↡ Advertisement

Which one is a good buy ? Both about the same price and Harrier higher OMV and different about few thousands in OMV, X-trail offer free 2 years servicing and 5 years warranty and PI consider no warranty .

AD VS PI !

2WD VS 4WD !

Harrier for me. Being Toyota, does not matter on warranty.

X trail is not a true 7 seater.

Supersonic

Any true SUV of course gotta hv 4WD.

Harrier is basically a FWD Rav4 in disguise.

(edited)

AD of course.

I think both car has 2WD and 4WD options. It depends on what dealers bring in here. Most Japanese mid-sized SUVs are equipped with electronic 4WD systems which are front wheel biased meaning they are FWD most of the time.

Anyway for Toyota full size SUV and can seriously go off-road is the Land Cruiser.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

My folks ordered an Xtrail, personally the car is does not have enough power to use the 4WD effectively. But between the two I would take the Xtrail, with all that's thrown in its good value for money, our current Nissan Cefiro on its 9th year has never given any major issues so I can't see how the Nissan would be any less reliable compared to Toyota for 10 years use assuming good maintenance.

Test drive both and see which suits you better.

AD VS PI !

2WD VS 4WD !

Harrier for me. Being Toyota, does not matter on warranty.

X trail is not a true 7 seater.

A true 7 seater?

Title says SUV and not MPV. Since when are SUVs true 7 seaters?

Or are you talking about some crossover, a mix between SUV & MPV?

I prefer the Harrier to X-Trail. Look and sat on them during the car show and still prefer the Harrier as it is better designed (personal preference), butt test feeling and quality. With all that I've written, I'm just plain bias.. Haha..

Thumps up to the Harrier.

• Praise 1

IMO both are safe choices and it's also what makes them boring.

I'm sure they are competent cars and why I say they are boring coz when it comes to off-road or on the road performance they are just average. If it's looks you are looking for they probably fit the bill.

Hypersonic

Any true SUV of course gotta hv 4WD.

Harrier is basically a FWD Rav4 in disguise.

Rav4 is more ex than. Harrier...

Harrier interior is more luxury..

(edited)

my 2 cents...

Harrier beats x trail on looks, internally and externally. i have not test driven harrier before, but hey, its a toyota, how bad can it be?

however, if you are looking at the option of fetching children, you can consider x trail (5 + 2). that was my main consideration as I was looking for a occasional 7-seater but do not want to drive an MPV. I shortlisted 3 (within my budget) - x trail, outlander and sorento. i have test driven x trail before, power wise, its definitely lacking a bit, but the CVT is smooth once the machine picks up speed.

Edited by slowloris25

XTrail also very thirsty than Harrier ! Xtrail cheaper to maintain .

(edited)

Just call to check TC offer 50,000km free servicing and 5 years warranty and selling at $147800 , another $500 0ff if your are current Nissan owner .

Edited by Char

Just call to check TC offer 50,000km free servicing and 5 years warranty and selling at $147800 , another $500 0ff if your are current Nissan owner .

7 free servicing actually relates to the 1,3,5,10,20,30,40k servicing. Price for xtrail went down a bit.gd time to book!

I need the occasional optional 3rd row seat and is in denial of being officially labeled as an uncle so often associated with people owning mpv.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1