If you never going off roading then Harrier

and convert the badge and pretend its a

Lexus like all the other Harrier owners do. [thumbsup]

What a bunch of fakes.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am not driving Toyota or Nissan.

If I have to choose between these two cars, I choose Harrier because it is TOYOTA. I am not choosing X-trail because it is NISSAN.

Anyway, I went to see the Harrier, it is really very impressive. Internal, external, top, bottom, front, back, center, all GOOD!

I am very sure Nissan is just as reliable as a Toyota, I have been driving a Nissan for the past 10 years and the latest one since new 6 yrs +. I can't imagine how a Camry for eg could be any more reliable than my Teana for which there has been no breakdowns apart from wear and tear parts. Nissan parts are just as easily available and cost no more than Toyota's.

Nissan being a petrol drinker is also becoming a myth with the models released in the past few years. I can get 10km/l on some occasions for my 2.5 V6.

The 2 litre Harrier should definitely be no more powerful than the X-Trail.

For the same price, I may still be inclined to get the nicer looking Harrier, internally and externally. But if the price difference is anywhere like 10k , which I believe is right now, then the X-Trail could be a better buy with its worry free AD warranty and additional 2 seats even if used sparingly.

Just top show you the report a ranking report in reliability from Yahoo Auto, (2014)

Rank Brand

1 Lexus

2 Toyota

3 Mazda

4 Honda

5 Audi

6 Buick

7 Subaru

8 Scion

9 Porsche

10 Kia

11 Acura

12 Volvo

13 Hyundai

14 BMW

15 Lincoln

16 Nissan

Just top show you the report a ranking report in reliability from Yahoo Auto, (2014)

Rank Brand

1 Lexus

2 Toyota

3 Mazda

4 Honda

5 Audi

6 Buick

7 Subaru

8 Scion

9 Porsche

10 Kia

11 Acura

12 Volvo

13 Hyundai

14 BMW

15 Lincoln

16 Nissan

Take this with a pinch of salt bah. There are many such report lying around....

Hypersonic

If you going off roading then X trail.

What a bunch of fakes.

newest harrier can't convert liao right. They look different.

(edited)

Rank Brand

1 Lexus

2 Toyota

3 Mazda

4 Honda

5 Audi

6 Buick

7 Subaru

8 Scion

9 Porsche

10 Kia

11 Acura

12 Volvo

13 Hyundai

14 BMW

15 Lincoln

16 Nissan

Tried to own a Volvo or BMW and you will know how difficult to maintain these car, these are Gu Liang and need regular care. Unless you are rich don't try it. So come back to Nissan, at 16 do you think it has a good reliability as Toyota? My 06 Xtrail is great but maintenance is a pain, even the 3 workshops are complaining. Check out this website: http://www.australianxtrail.com.au/Forum.htm and you will find what are the problem people face on XTrail. There was once I was in a minor accident and no workshop want to service the car (no parts), I gone to AD and waited a month (again no parts) to change out the fiber front bumper, right fender and a broken head lamp, the damage is about 8K and I am lucky it was on 3rd party claim. The other party which was a Benz (having to change his front bumper, left fender, rim repair) telling me his damage is only around 4K. I did a test drive few month back on the new Xtrail, the driving experience immediately put me off as it was worse then the 06 model, even my wife and son both agreed as they feel very uncomfortable sitting behind. My 06 Model FC is 10km/l on 90% highway and 7-8KM/l if 60% highway, the new Xtrail stated at 13.3Km/l which on actual is doing less around 10-11Km/l. FC is worse than Harrier which my Harrier got 18-19km/l on 90% highway which bring down my cost from $500 per month to $300 per month (great saving). The gear box also not so smooth compare to Toyota Harrier or Altris. Well, the choice is individual so I wish anyone luck who get a Xtrail, hopefully you will not get the experience I get on Nissan car.

Edited by EG73

At high speed, much higher chance that an SUV can turn turtle or flip. And this kinda injuries, no airbag will help u.

In normal bumper back to front collision, SUV safer than sedan for front and mid row passengers. But if u put passengers in the 3rd row, they are actually at much higher risk compared to people seating in a normal sedan backseat.

All in all, i won't say SUV is safer than sedan or MPV other the most straightforward bumper to bumper accident.

Well said. That is my point I do not allow any of my family member even my helper to put on 3rd row. I would get a full SUV or a big size MPV if I ready need that 3rd row. You only need 1 accident to regard your choice.

Hypersonic

Well said. That is my point I do not allow any of my family member even my helper to put on 3rd row. I would get a full SUV or a big size MPV if I ready need that 3rd row. You only need 1 accident to regard your choice.

Even full SUV it's debatable how much protection u get.

5th gear did a test on this years ago but i can't find the video.

I still think a good safe sedan is pretty unbeatable in terms of overall safety. Front back crumple zones are all well established.

(edited)

What a bunch of fakes.

Trust me Xtrail is not good as you think if you ready want to drive at off road condition as I have tested it. Most properly you will get a lot of broken parts and xtrail most properly will not be able to get itself out of the mud if she get stuck in one....Going off-road, you should consider a Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Wrangler, Benz G class or Hummer. Use the right tools to do the job.....

Even full SUV it's debatable how much protection u get.

5th gear did a test on this years ago but i can't find the video.

I still think a good safe sedan is pretty unbeatable in terms of overall safety. Front back crumple zones are all well established.

You are right in certain sense but it is better than a compact SUV or mid size SUV. Try impact on Land Rover Discovery, Benz G class and Hummer, you will know what I mean here. The survivor chance for the passenger on last row is very high. I saw that video on 5th gear test on MPV, the last row "passanger" very much dead after the impact at high speed. Even if it was 50Km/h, I don't think the last row passenger will have any chance for mid size SUV or MPV.

Edited by EG73

Rank Brand

1 Lexus

2 Toyota

3 Mazda

4 Honda

5 Audi

6 Buick

7 Subaru

8 Scion

9 Porsche

10 Kia

11 Acura

12 Volvo

13 Hyundai

14 BMW

15 Lincoln

16 Nissan

Think this report is global. The reliability also much depends on the respective countries AD. But no doubt toyota is among the top few.

Trust me Xtrail is not good as you think if you ready want to drive at off road condition as I have tested it. Most properly you will get a lot of broken parts and xtrail most properly will not be able to get itself out of the mud if she get stuck in one....Going off-road, you should consider a Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Wrangler, Benz G class or Hummer. Use the right tools to do the job.....

U mean u have tested the new xtrail on off road condition. U might be the rare few i guess.

Again, i tend to believe that your basis on xtrail being not-maintainable to be questionable. X trail has generally good reviews on overseas website. Locally, its still new here n no one can say 100% abt the maintainability.

Think this report is global. The reliability also much depends on the respective countries AD. But no doubt toyota is among the top few.

U mean u have tested the new xtrail on off road condition. U might be the rare few i guess.

Again, i tend to believe that your basis on xtrail being not-maintainable to be questionable. X trail has generally good reviews on overseas website. Locally, its still new here n no one can say 100% abt the maintainability.

Yes, the 2.5l old Xtrail is not bad to drive (06 model) and my family like it but it is a Nissan that not easy to maintain. You can read up the website which people complaining about the fault for model till 2014. The new 2014/2015 one cannot make it at all, sad to say it lost it's touch and look of a trail.

After see these two cars still find Harrier nicer than XtrAil ... Just I don't like from eagle logo from Harrier ... Otherwise it will be prefect !

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

After see these two cars still find Harrier nicer than XtrAil ... Just I don't like from eagle logo from Harrier ... Otherwise it will be prefect !

I bet you have not seen this model. Harrier GS... without the Eagle plastic front grill.

Anyway the eagle logo can be replace easily.

Our harrier is "hansome" enough.... no need to "FAKE" Lexus

post-3808-0-39647600-1435282450.jpg

post-3808-0-00791600-1435282719.jpg

Edited by Allblack

I bet you have not seen this model. Harrier GS... without the Eagle plastic front grill.

Anyway the eagle logo can be replace easily.

Our harrier is "hansome" enough.... no need to "FAKE" Lexus

Wow beautiful and handsome !! Our PI got bring in this model ?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What a bunch of fakes.

Thats so dumb of you, in Japan itself there is no lexus, look in the lta website there is no lexus, in fact lexus is toyota. when u cant afford a harrier dun be sour

. sounds cheap yourself. inferior complex trash like u sure want to make yourself feel better

Edited by Johnnylee

Yes and I'm driving one.

How much?

Xtrail's only plus point is the 3rd row seat. The only 2L SUV with it.

↡ Advertisement