Why is Toyota Altis cheaper than Vios?

Kindaixin

Corolla name is legendary. Good re-sale value and reliability in our very expensive car country means these 2 traits are most sought after and hence it sells well. Corolla has a track record built over decades and so this is earned no matter what others say. Boring it maybe but to be fair, it has been a revolutionary change with this latest model.

Also not forgetting that usually the ones who are more boring, tend to have deeper pockets to just walk in at LK / Alex and sign up. They are firm followers of the breakaway success of the 'cult'.

I probably mentioned - personal experience of witnessing uncle sign on the spot because accompanying female was amazed when SE showed how the car exterior looks at night over at LK. There was a dark room setup. 

When you drive, you are inside the car not outside  :we-all-gonna-die:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Also not forgetting that usually the ones who are more boring, tend to have deeper pockets to just walk in at LK / Alex and sign up. They are firm followers of the breakaway success of the 'cult'.

I probably mentioned - personal experience of witnessing uncle sign on the spot because accompanying female was amazed when SE showed how the car exterior looks at night over at LK. There was a dark room setup. 

When you drive, you are inside the car not outside  :we-all-gonna-die:

To let others to jealous of your car when they see from outside ma. Lol.

I probably mentioned - personal experience of witnessing uncle sign on the spot because accompanying female was amazed when SE showed how the car exterior looks at night over at LK. There was a dark room setup.

When you drive, you are inside the car not outside :we-all-gonna-die:

I see toyota showroom like bo lang

Ppl will get sick of the design and simple features they r getting after paying so much.

And I can't believe that the survey dare to claim altis is the top selling model for 2014 or 15. Everyday I'm seeing so many vezel on the road, guess the my eyes r playing tricks on me

• Praise 1

Ppl will get sick of the design and simple features they r getting after paying so much.

And I can't believe that the survey dare to claim altis is the top selling model for 2014 or 15. Everyday I'm seeing so many vezel on the road, guess the my eyes r playing tricks on me

See several new plates at the mscp.

Also easy to spot on the roads at night, only DRL on, headlights no.

Not really bro, in the case of Vios VS Altis, I could choose Civic, K3, Elantra, Almera,  and many more....  thats what im trying to say. Its not only Vios and Altis in Singapore market. We have other plenty of choices...

wah i know this is a very late reply...

TIME magazine is not the only publication around too, there's newsweek, asiaweek, economist... but somehow there're people who only believe in it and therefore limit their choice to between 1 year and 3 years. this is the group that toyota is targeting.

• Praise 2

I find both altis and vezel many on the road le. At my carpark here, there is one vezel but there are 3 altis. Lol.

Turbocharged

I find both altis and vezel many on the road le. At my carpark here, there is one vezel but there are 3 altis. Lol.

it is no surprise since they are the best sellers for the last few months

I so many vezel, and I find mazda 3 more than altis, btw r we talking abt new Altis rite?

and u stay in telok balgah? haha more ah pek

Since when telok blangah became ah pek tiu haha.

Altis not much to zng, vezel and mz3 a lot of touch ups can be done, some say HAS TO BE done.

Happy hump day.

Corolla name is legendary. Good re-sale value and reliability in our very expensive car country means these 2 traits are most sought after and hence it sells well. Corolla has a track record built over decades and so this is earned no matter what others say. Boring it maybe but to be fair, it has been a revolutionary change with this latest model.

agreed.

my BIL bought the mz3. but he say if he had budget for another 10k, confirm buy altis.

more altis than vezel. but not by much.

agreed.

my BIL bought the mz3. but he say if he had budget for another 10k, confirm buy altis.

more altis than vezel. but not by much.

Altis 10k more expensive than mazda 3?

Altis 10k more expensive than mazda 3?

he bought the most basic mz3 sedan few mths back, 102k.

Basic altis then i think was around 110k or so

do u see lots of new vios on the road too

The local Toyota website don't even have the Vios model. SGcarmart also never list the Vios. In short, [wave]

Vios is back on the list, and stronger than ever...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11315

Do you notice a massive resurgence of new Vios on the roads in recent weeks? All silver with SLD and SLE plates.

I think Uber and Grab have a lot to do with it...

Turbocharged

Vios is back on the list, and stronger than ever...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11315

Do you notice a massive resurgence of new Vios on the roads in recent weeks? All silver with SLD and SLE plates.

I think Uber and Grab have a lot to do with it...

The price and specs for Vios is just not attractive. If you noticed, many countries already updated their Vios to dual vvti. Ours still the same old engine from the first generation.

Yes. Those uber grab fleet coe expiring, so they buying the bread and butter cars.

The price and specs for Vios is just not attractive. If you noticed, many countries already updated their Vios to dual vvti. Ours still the same old engine from the first generation.

Yes. Those uber grab fleet coe expiring, so they buying the bread and butter cars.

If we already think buying a Vios doesn't make sense vis-a-vis the Altis, and suddenly got so many new ones, there's a strong possibility that Uber/Grab/Lion City got a very good bulk purchase deal.

Vios disappear again? BM not going to bring in Axio or Prius C as replacement.

Axio will never be brought in by BM. Because Axio is a JDM, and was never meant for export outside of Japan. As part of Toyota's global strategy, its overseas equivalent would be the local Corolla models - in Singapore and SEA, that is the Altis.

Prius C is still around... though not very popular. Although I know Chan Chun Sing is driving one...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11712

↡ Advertisement