New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Yes, but you're paying for something you deem important enough to get it retrofitted right? What's $10K for safety? Airbags are expensive devices, so you have to pay for it lor... bo pian...

I know a local leather w/s can install leather onto all Sushi and kimchi cars

↡ Advertisement

I hope to soon lar... the Mondeo too pricey already... sigh... if it was $125K, then it would be in my sights... but it's now $131K... the Sonata is now $124K... sian... also so high... so have jumped in when it was $114K... hai... sometimes you get a good deal only once... 

Me too. should have jump in when the sonata non s/r only $102K, now $113K. hhmm.. now i am consider K5 and Sonata non S/R as these 2 have the lowest depreciation for 2.0L car. i think will will jump in when the annual depriciation drop below $10K.

Call him then, esp u r return customer. U shortlisting sonata or Tucson?

Sonata or K5 lor... but the Tucson makes my heart flutter... hahaha... but Mondeo is the stretch target as always... the K5 just increased by $2K... sad... Sonata no idea... I'll call him when I get back... I prefer weekdays lor... weekends, no one has time for you...

Me too. should have jump in when the sonata non s/r only $102K, now $113K. hhmm.. now i am consider K5 and Sonata non S/R as these 2 have the lowest depreciation for 2.0L car. i think will will jump in when the annual depriciation drop below $10K.

I like some features on the SR model as compared to the non-SR model... but the price isn't very wallet friendly now lor...

Edited by teomingern

Sonata or K5 lor... but the Tucson makes my heart flutter... hahaha... but Mondeo is the stretch target as always... the K5 just increased by $2K... sad... Sonata no idea... I'll call him when I get back... I prefer weekdays lor... weekends, no one has time for you...

I like some features on the SR model as compared to the non-SR model... but the price isn't very wallet friendly now lor...

Yah, I agree with you about the price. Not very wallet friendly after the COE increment on February 2nd bid. That why i'm looking at K5 now. 

as for the features on the SR model, haha it is good to have for me. but when weighing with the price. I think I can leave without it.

Yah, I agree with you about the price. Not very wallet friendly after the COE increment on February 2nd bid. That why i'm looking at K5 now. 

as for the features on the SR model, haha it is good to have for me. but when weighing with the price. I think I can leave without it.

I also say... but bro... I looked up the comparison chart just now hor... I feel the non-SR model a bit bo hua... cos the OMV is less than $20K, about $5K less than the SR model. But the SR model's premium is only 13% while the non-SR model is 24%... this means that Komoco earn like super a lot on the non-SR model... of course I must say the downpayment is much less lar for the non-SR model lar... I'm more of less looking at how much I pay over and above the base cost of the car... feel that it's more worth to pay a lower premium since OMV higher, spec sheet better, and perhaps Komoco will treat you better too... hahaha... what do you think?

Enjoy yr new ride.... Mind post some pictures of yr new ride? What is the brand of the in car cam Komodo motors give?

My two days old Tucson .

Had done the PPS.

Still need to get use to it wide body, abit hard to park, still need to take 2 shot to park in the lot.

My previous ride colt plus always park in 1 shot.

post-20329-0-65545000-1457771090_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Jordanplus

I also say... but bro... I looked up the comparison chart just now hor... I feel the non-SR model a bit bo hua... cos the OMV is less than $20K, about $5K less than the SR model. But the SR model's premium is only 13% while the non-SR model is 24%... this means that Komoco earn like super a lot on the non-SR model... of course I must say the downpayment is much less lar for the non-SR model lar... I'm more of less looking at how much I pay over and above the base cost of the car... feel that it's more worth to pay a lower premium since OMV higher, spec sheet better, and perhaps Komoco will treat you better too... hahaha... what do you think?

lol. Bro I know where you are coming from, last time I also think like you by looking at the premium. But after I did some analyse and comparison, i find that premium does not really matter to me ( but it still affect my decision some times). I try to explain as clear as i could because i'm not very good in explain things in word i prefer explain in diagram. i'm an engineering by train.  [:p]

Let me make disclaimer first  [:p]. The below example is only valid for me to analysis on which car to buy. You can take it as a reference but might not suitable for you.

Let take Sonata SR, non S/R and K5 for example. I will take all the values from sgcarmart even though it is not very up to date. 

1) Sonata SR:

Selling Price - $123,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $24,300

ARF - $26,020

CEVS - $5,000 (surcharge) <-- by right not suppose to have because same engine as non S/R. need someone who own to verify.

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $6,902

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $109,970 (round up to the nearest ten)

Premium - $14,033 or 13%

Annual Depreciation - $11,100

2) Sonata non S/R:

Selling Price - $113,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $19,732

ARF - $19,732

CEVS - $0

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $5,604

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $92,810 (round to the nearest ten)

Premium - $21,189 or 23%

Annual Depreciation - $10,400

3) K5:

Selling Price - $118,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $25,746

ARF - $28,044

CEVS - $0

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $7,312

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $108,850 (round to the nearest ten)

Premium - $10,149 or 9%

Annual Depreciation - $10,500

Let me use vehicle 1, 2, 3 to denote the cars (lazy to type)

From the above number, we know that car 2 has the most premium, after that is car 1 then car 3. And now let me show you how much we had paid the Government exclude COE, since the is fixed for all cars.

Amount paid to Government = ARF + CEVS + Tax + Reg fee - PARF ( I assume we will drive 10 years - 50% ARF)

Car 1 - $25,052 or 23%

Car 2 - $15,610 or 17%

Car 3 - $21,474 or 20%

So you can see that for this 3 cars, if premium is high then the amount paid to the government is low. It is depend on you want which party to earn your money. AD or GOV? That why now I don't really care how much the AD earn from me, I only look at the annual depreciation, I only cares about how much i spend on the car, i don't care what is the portion goes to who. 

so if we based on the depreciation, we know that Car 1 is the most expensive followed by car 3 then car 2. But having said that, for features wise, car 1 > or = car 3 ( subjective, depend which feature is useful to you. but for me is like that) > car 2.

so based on price vs features wise for me is

1) K5 - $105,000 based on depreciation for 10 years and exclude loan interest

2) Sonata non S/R - $104,000

3) Sonata S/R - $111,000 

Why I put non S/R as 2nd is because i can live without the features that S/R has in exchange of $7K difference. 

My two days old Tucson .

Had done the PPS.

Still need to get use to it wide body, abit hard to park, still need to take 2 shot to park in the lot.

Congrats Bro, nice colour. I think it is matter of time to get use to the car. Because your sub conscious mind already program to your old car. Need time to re-program it to get use of the new car.

My two days old Tucson .

Had done the PPS.

Very nice! As I say... it's tempting lor... hahahaha.... I belong to the anti-SUV camp but the Tucson is making me change my mind...

lol. Bro I know where you are coming from, last time I also think like you by looking at the premium. But after I did some analyse and comparison, i find that premium does not really matter to me ( but it still affect my decision some times). I try to explain as clear as i could because i'm not very good in explain things in word i prefer explain in diagram. i'm an engineering by train.  [:p]

Let me make disclaimer first  [:p]. The below example is only valid for me to analysis on which car to buy. You can take it as a reference but might not suitable for you.

Let take Sonata SR, non S/R and K5 for example. I will take all the values from sgcarmart even though it is not very up to date. 

1) Sonata SR:

Selling Price - $123,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $24,300

ARF - $26,020

CEVS - $5,000 (surcharge) <-- by right not suppose to have because same engine as non S/R. need someone who own to verify.

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $6,902

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $109,970 (round up to the nearest ten)

Premium - $14,033 or 13%

Annual Depreciation - $11,100

2) Sonata non S/R:

Selling Price - $113,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $19,732

ARF - $19,732

CEVS - $0

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $5,604

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $92,810 (round to the nearest ten)

Premium - $21,189 or 23%

Annual Depreciation - $10,400

3) K5:

Selling Price - $118,999

COE - $47,604

OMV - $25,746

ARF - $28,044

CEVS - $0

Tax ( Duty fee & GST) - $7,312

Reg fee - $140

Total basic cost - $108,850 (round to the nearest ten)

Premium - $10,149 or 9%

Annual Depreciation - $10,500

Let me use vehicle 1, 2, 3 to denote the cars (lazy to type)

From the above number, we know that car 2 has the most premium, after that is car 1 then car 3. And now let me show you how much we had paid the Government exclude COE, since the is fixed for all cars.

Amount paid to Government = ARF + CEVS + Tax + Reg fee - PARF ( I assume we will drive 10 years - 50% ARF)

Car 1 - $25,052 or 23%

Car 2 - $15,610 or 17%

Car 3 - $21,474 or 20%

So you can see that for this 3 cars, if premium is high then the amount paid to the government is low. It is depend on you want which party to earn your money. AD or GOV? That why now I don't really care how much the AD earn from me, I only look at the annual depreciation, I only cares about how much i spend on the car, i don't care what is the portion goes to who. 

so if we based on the depreciation, we know that Car 1 is the most expensive followed by car 3 then car 2. But having said that, for features wise, car 1 > or = car 3 ( subjective, depend which feature is useful to you. but for me is like that) > car 2.

so based on price vs features wise for me is

1) K5 - $105,000 based on depreciation for 10 years and exclude loan interest

2) Sonata non S/R - $104,000

3) Sonata S/R - $111,000 

Why I put non S/R as 2nd is because i can live without the features that S/R has in exchange of $7K difference. 

Congrats Bro, nice colour. I think it is matter of time to get use to the car. Because your sub conscious mind already program to your old car. Need time to re-program it to get use of the new car.

Thanks bro! Nice calculation... the SR Sonata does not have CEVS... I asked before... if you take that out, would the SR and non-SR be about the same?

Very nice! As I say... it's tempting lor... hahahaha.... I belong to the anti-SUV camp but the Tucson is making me change my mind...

Thanks bro! Nice calculation... the SR Sonata does not have CEVS... I asked before... if you take that out, would the SR and non-SR be about the same?

If take out the CEVS from SR Sonata, then the premium paid to AD is 18% and amount paid to government also 18%.

just saw the k5 today - very long, like jaguar. rear quarters very spacious, can cross my legs n shake'em without touching seat back of front passengers'. didn't test drive as i wasn't interested in this ride. as expected, sound quality is very decent even it is not a touchscreen hu. however, felt local leather wrap is not taut (having prev'y experienced factory leather in new elantra had me developed a rising expectation of bnb cars). personally, i still prefer hyundai's design to kia's.

My two days old Tucson .

Had done the PPS.

Jordon you stayed in punggol too? Which part of punggol? Lol

just saw the k5 today - very long, like jaguar. rear quarters very spacious, can cross my legs n shake'em without touching seat back of front passengers'. didn't test drive as i wasn't interested in this ride. as expected, sound quality is very decent even it is not a touchscreen hu. however, felt local leather wrap is not taut (having prev'y experienced factory leather in new elantra had me developed a rising expectation of bnb cars). personally, i still prefer hyundai's design to kia's.

Similar thoughts too... about to pull the trigger I think... hai... always trying to look for the best time lor...

• Praise 1

Similar thoughts too... about to pull the trigger I think... hai... always trying to look for the best time lor...

Hold ur horses first; that's what I think.

• Praise 1

My dad also says so... but my car is starting to give me problems... the engine warning light just came on. I really don't know if the COE will actually slide a lot between now and Sep... there is still significant demand it seems. Many of us car owners still want to buy a replacement. So how would the COE drop a lot? Probably slowly slowly lor... need a lot of patience.

If wanna commit just commit, it's impossible to predict the lower pricing range of, let alone the lowest coe. For me, I'm just trying my luck to c if I can get the ride at a much lower price, sibce my current ride is still doin fine n has > 1.5yrs to go.

That's what I think also... but mine has about 12 months to go...

See how lor... I will definitely make an appointment to see the salesperson once I come back to town. The last time I drove the Sonata VIII was for fun... cos it was $133K then, out of reach... like the Mondeo, now it's $124K, so it's within reach... will test it seriously and report back in the Sonata thread...

Sorry to all the Tucson bros for hijacking this thread... paiseh...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement