New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

My SE told me the based model has got 4 airbag.

Agreed. $10K for 6 airbags, blindspot detection, smart tailgate, 18" rims, e-brake and Sunroof.

oh, now we 2, 4, 6 air bags for basic model. hhmm... so which is the correct one?

↡ Advertisement

My SE told me the based model has got 4 airbag.

Agreed. $10K for 6 airbags, blindspot detection, smart tailgate, 18" rims, e-brake and Sunroof.

eh? mine said both got 6 airbag?

Neutral Newbie

I saw from the expo carnival afew weekends ago that there is the finance option with monthly instalment about 500 per month. Anyone found out the terms and clauses for this, care to share?

Thanks!

I saw from the expo carnival afew weekends ago that there is the finance option with monthly instalment about 500 per month. Anyone found out the terms and clauses for this, care to share?

Thanks!

It's probably a balloon scheme or leasing scheme.... you pay a lot more overall for the car... take a look at the Ssangyong Tivoli thread, one of the bros shared about the leasing scheme that he took up. Overall he paid over $20,000 more for the car I think...

It's probably a balloon scheme or leasing scheme.... you pay a lot more overall for the car... take a look at the Ssangyong Tivoli thread, one of the bros shared about the leasing scheme that he took up. Overall he paid over $20,000 more for the car I think...

Yes, I went through this with my SE. Indeed, you have to pay at least 20K extra.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I'm new here. Just got my Tucson 2 weeks ago and getting myself familiarized with the car. I'd like to seek advice from the experienced tucson owners. I keep getting the audio reminder "Drive carefully" very often whenever I drive. The reminder comes regardless whether I'm cornering or driving along a straight and long highway which is really annoying. I sent my car for 1000km servicing today and asked the service agent to deactivate it. He said it's got to do with the video camera warning and will get the technician to deactivate it. However, the reminder continues after the servicing.

I will call up the service agent tomorrow to enquire further. Howeve, I'd like to find out if anyone has similar experience and would u have any valuable advice for me?

Many thanks!

Hi all, I'm new here. Just got my Tucson 2 weeks ago and getting myself familiarized with the car. I'd like to seek advice from the experienced tucson owners. I keep getting the audio reminder "Drive carefully" very often whenever I drive. The reminder comes regardless whether I'm cornering or driving along a straight and long highway which is really annoying. I sent my car for 1000km servicing today and asked the service agent to deactivate it. He said it's got to do with the video camera warning and will get the technician to deactivate it. However, the reminder continues after the servicing.

I will call up the service agent tomorrow to enquire further. Howeve, I'd like to find out if anyone has similar experience and would u have any valuable advice for me?

Many thanks!

i believe urs is sony hu with navigation, same as mine.

just to to navigation setting, then unable safety warning alert.

Many thanks!

Yes I got this same problem, confirm this audio is from the Video recorder, till now I have get used to it.

I have tried install the provided PC viewer from the cd, then using the viewer to read the dvr SD card from pc. Inside the sw menu will find configuration setup but there is no audio disable setting, only volume up/down. Didn't try to turn down the volume to off worried if one day camera spoilt or not working will not know.

If u got the ans how to solve this let me know! Thanks

Hi Jordanplus, yes mine is a Sony HU. Tx for the tip, I'd give it a try tomorrow!

Oops sorry I was thought your problem is from the camera.

Neutral Newbie

As Jordanplus suggested, I clicked Navi Info under Setting and clicked "Off" under Speed Warning. The annoying message/reminder finally disappeared from the Sony HU::)).

Thanks Jordanplus!

Agreed. Not sure why LTA still have the pollution mindset with Euro 5 and above diesel. In fact, it's much cleaner and cheaper.

Not exactly true... most European cities are seriously considering banning diesel engines as their air quality has dropped drastically over the past decade, and in particular the PM2.5 measure is through the roof. Smog has made its way back to these cities again...

Hello Tucson owners,

Thinking of getting the Tucson soon.  Could anyone share what the free servicing covers exactly.

if I take the entry level version, are we allowed to change the radio on our own?  Will the steering control still work?  Anyone done i before?  Does it void the warranty?

The ONLY 2 airbags for the entry level version is really shocking!

Hello Tucson owners,

Thinking of getting the Tucson soon. Could anyone share what the free servicing covers exactly.

if I take the entry level version, are we allowed to change the radio on our own? Will the steering control still work? Anyone done i before? Does it void the warranty?

The ONLY 2 airbags for the entry level version is really shocking!

Free service only cover up to 10k free labour.

went for the test drive during lunch time.

For the base model, we can now chose to upgrade to 8 inch screen with navigation,  Upgrade price will be provided soon.  They will also cover the existing lobang below the Sony screen as in the SR model.  The SR model will also get this as standard.  The sony is being phased out!

The lobang will be covered with a control panels with buttons, such as Navi, media etc.

All  cars booked now eta July!

All Tucson prices reduced by 2K after latest round of COE!

base model confirmed only 2 air bags!

• Praise 1

Now the Hyundais are competitive in terms of the multimedia entertainment system. This leaves only Kia with mini screens. I believe my Sonata is the first batch to use that 8" screen... I think the upgrade price is $888. Seems like they're using this head unit is used for all models now with the top trim getting it as a standard feature and the lower trims as an option.

AS pointed out by another bro, the company that fixes this head unit is based in the Komoco workshop second level. I was driven up to talk to the tech last week.

The company that imports this unit into Singapore is called Elegant Auto. You can search for the address I posted in the Sonata thread. You can call them or go down to update stuff. If you're waiting for Apple or Android in your car, you can check with them if new firmware is available and if it could be simply flashed into your unit for a fee.