New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Would like to check with Tucson 2019 owner - is the 2nd row passenger seat backing kinda hard? My wife doesn't like it. Not sure if it's just the particular car or all is like that.

I think it depends on whether you like supportive seats (aka firm or even hard) vs soft squishy seats (aka comfortable) and what your expectations are too... I think there are differences across regions as well... this seems to apply to bed surfaces in hotels... I have seen many reviews that differ so much in terms of how comfortable the beds are that I give up looking at the bed review section for hotels on sites like Booking.com or even Tripadvisor... ha ha...
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Would like to check with Tucson 2019 owner - is the 2nd row passenger seat backing kinda hard? My wife doesn't like it. Not sure if it's just the particular car or all is like that.

Some hyundai seats are definitely not that comfortable. They are ok. But not going to win any comfort awards for sure.

Edited by Lala81

In the US market the 1.6L TC engine has been discontinued. It's replaced with NA 2.0L & 2.4L inline four engine options. The 7sp dual clutch gearbox is also dropped and is replaced with a six speed auto.

In the US market the 1.6L TC engine has been discontinued. It's replaced with NA 2.0L & 2.4L inline four engine options. The 7sp dual clutch gearbox is also dropped and is replaced with a six speed auto.

US market is different from Asia or Europe. So even if 1.6 TC is not sold there, does not means it's going to be discontinued worldwide
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I wonder why ppl are so defensive even when I didn't even suggest anything they had mentioned. Or are these ppl dyslexic? [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels
  • Dislike 1

How different or how much better is the high performance damper for the base vs the S model?

It is significantly better?

Or less floaty and more stable at NSHW high speed?

Worth the extra?

How different or how much better is the high performance damper for the base vs the S model?

It is significantly better?

Or less floaty and more stable at NSHW high speed?

Worth the extra?

Well,i have not driven this Car,but between the 2,just $6,000 extra....it is very value for $$$...my Friend & His Brother bought 1 Standard Model & 1 S Model,the S Model came with Auto Aircon..while the Standard still using Dial Type...

I wonder why ppl are so defensive even when I didn't even suggest anything they had mentioned. Or are these ppl dyslexic? [laugh]

People are expressing their opinion , no hard feeling about it. But it is true that the US market is very different from asia. While they have been talking about green house whatever, they themselves do not believe in small engine cars as the large CC cars provide better power and drive comfort , making the small CC turbo cars not as popular in the US. Transmission wise I know nothing about it.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I have the 2018 TUCSON 1.6 GLS T-GDI DCT 2WD (got in March)

Late last year, the gears started to not engage right after I stopped for traffic. It will rev without any gears engaging. It’s extremely dangerous especially when I’m at a junction and need to do turn. The problem seemed to be recurring more frequently now. Anyone else has this problem?

• Praise 1

Late last year, the gears started to not engage right after I stopped for traffic. It will rev without any gears engaging. It’s extremely dangerous especially when I’m at a junction and need to do turn. The problem seemed to be recurring more frequently now. Anyone else has this problem?

Since only 1 yr+ old car and still within warranty period, why not go back to Komoco for diagnostic ?

• Praise 1

Quite a few 1.6 owners have gone to KMC to:

- replace clutch

- upgrade software

because of this.

You should too.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

- replace clutch

- upgrade software

because of this.

You should too.

Thanks guys! Yup, sending it in to get it fixed.

Another question: is it ok to switch between turbo and normal driving mode during driving? Does it damage the engine/clutch? Thanks!

- replace clutch

- upgrade software

because of this.

You should too.

DCT issue again..

You've been going around just posting 'nice'... are you just clocking posts?

Haaa. Bro, pang chance lei. New P plate la.

DCT issue again..

Is it similar issue to VW DSG 7 kind ?

And if it's by design, meaning after fix, it will still come back ? Does it cost as much as VW to fix especially after warranty period ?

Around a year the the clutch for the odd number set of gears is already worn out. That's pretty fast from the way the car is driven. Any mileage to share?

Is the performance affected when they so called updated the gb firmware? Like become slower response?

↡ Advertisement