New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

On 1/12/2020 at 11:37 PM, Atrecord said:

The only workaround for this, is to make the front vents not completely open, and leave the rear vent completely open. This way, more cool air will be forced to go to the rear vents. I do this when i have passengers behind.

When i'm alone, or there's noone behind, i do the opposite.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, Cheefarn said:

Unfortunately it is normal for any makes that feature just a simple air duct to the rear.

The blower fan is located all the way inside the dashboard. There's really not much air pressure left by the time the air escapes from the rear vent. The distance is long

Some higher end models featured extra blower located near the rear vents, but that's another day liao

Didn't know that the front and rear ventilation share the same fan. I thought they might be separate.

Thanks for the advice, both!

Still awaiting my new Tucson since Jan... now heard that the Hyundai plant in Korea has stopped working. Think that my new car will have further delay... sigh

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Yuange82 said:

Still awaiting my new Tucson since Jan... now heard that the Hyundai plant in Korea has stopped working. Think that my new car will have further delay... sigh

If you had traded in your existing car, the longer the delay, it's to your advantage.

16 hours ago, Yuange82 said:

If coe secured, KMC has to deliver something to you within 6 months since Coe is only valid for 6 months. 

Unless there are alternative arrangements. 

Hmm.. because trading in car latest by April so worried I'll be without a car if doesnt arrive by then. Need the car to do a lot of ferrying for my children and errands hence the concern. 

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Yuange82 said:

Hmm.. because trading in car latest by April so worried I'll be without a car if doesnt arrive by then. Need the car to do a lot of ferrying for my children and errands hence the concern. 

You can request for a courtesy car from Komoco Motors. 

Read your sales agreement. It prob said you will hand over your existing car only upon receipt of new car.

13 hours ago, Yuange82 said:

If u r trading in with kmc, you have no loss. The later u trade in, the more beneficial it will be for you cause the trade in price should be locked in when you sign the papers. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, ferrytales said:

If u r trading in with kmc, you have no loss. The later u trade in, the more beneficial it will be for you cause the trade in price should be locked in when you sign the papers. 

I used to think this way too but then realised that they had probably already factored this risk into the trade in price (that's why the value always so low). They are in this industry as their business on a daily basis (compared to us who only buy car every few years) and delivery delays are not uncommon. They won't be so stupid as to not build in some buffer for such things. In a way it's like COE, sometimes rise, sometimes fall, they just earn more sometimes, less sometimes.

Ah it depends lar... cos they can't cover all scenarios with one car price... when I bought my car some years back from Komoco, my sales executive was really reluctant to allow me selection of a certain colour cos it would be shipped only only after a certain month... by which time my car's paper value would drop by $900+ and with the trade-in value already agreed before the choice of colour was made, it would probably mean a significant loss for his commission lar... anyway he kept persuading me to get another colour on the coming shipment... he even brought me up to the roof parking lot to look at the colour... which I liked too... so I got my car earlier (which was the sole attraction of changing my mind about which colour I chose) and he got to keep his commission intact lor... I suspect it was his commission at stake otherwise I don't think he would bother to persuade me so strongly to change colour...

On 3/5/2020 at 6:02 PM, Kar_lover said:

I used to think this way too but then realised that they had probably already factored this risk into the trade in price (that's why the value always so low). They are in this industry as their business on a daily basis (compared to us who only buy car every few years) and delivery delays are not uncommon. They won't be so stupid as to not build in some buffer for such things. In a way it's like COE, sometimes rise, sometimes fall, they just earn more sometimes, less sometimes.

Surprisingly the quote my kmc SE got from me was pretty high actually. It was her own contact outside though but price was really attractive. 

Really depends on your SE whether they are willing to go an extra mile for you. 

56 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Surprisingly the quote my kmc SE got from me was pretty high actually. It was her own contact outside though but price was really attractive. 

Really depends on your SE whether they are willing to go an extra mile for you. 

Good for you, didn't know they are allowed to do that. 

Side note, personally i would go for the Seltos...

The Tucson is one handsome car... pity the pricing lar... otherwise it will be much more popular with buyers here... the 1.6 L turbo is very attractive actually...

• Praise 1