New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I'm planning to get the Tucson as my first car.

Based on the reviews, it seems like a comfortable ride.

Want to know from you owner of the Tucson,

Hows the real life urban fuel consumption?

Also any issues with the DCT?

TIA!

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, jiunyap said:

Hi Wdeva,

I drive a 2018 model, so far so good..... warranty cover 5 year.... no worries....😁

Hi, just to check about petrol consumption? 

16 hours ago, D3571ny said:

It's a 2 L naturally aspirated engine... so don't expect the fuel consumption to be outstanding... I drive a Sonata, with the same 2L engine as my car's generation of the Tucson. I get anything from 10.2 km/L to 11.5 km/L regularly... I need to be drive really conservatively to get 12.0 km/L. Usually I get around 10.8 km/L. I drive 38 km daily to and from work, 50% highway, 50% city type roads (Bukit Timah school hour rush).

The Tucson comes with a 1.6 L turbo engine as well... that engine has better driveability in city roads like in Singapore due to the turbo... but I think the fuel consumption is about the same as the 2.0 L naturally aspirated engine... 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, D3571ny said:

are you eyeing the 1.6 or 2.0?

1.6 gets better FC. Before giving figures, disclaimer is that FC depends and varies greatly on type of routes one travels. My 2.0 goes from:

- 6 km/L on my way home after work, cos it's only ~3km, got about 4 traffic lights, and 5 other 'stop-point', where i turn out from minor to major roads full of traffic. And it's peak hours.

- 16.5 km/L when i do morning school runs on mostly highway for about 25 km. Could be better if i dun need to negotiate my basement carpark, 5 traffic lights and 1 u-turn.

On average, 2.0 owners report about 9-12 km/L.

1.6 owners fare better, and report 11-14 km/L.

2.0 is smooth and has fewer problems. 1.6 is faster, FC better, road tax lower, but has more issues with the DCT, though nothing like vehicle can't start or stops in its track...

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

It's a 2 L naturally aspirated engine... so don't expect the fuel consumption to be outstanding... I drive a Sonata, with the same 2L engine as my car's generation of the Tucson. I get anything from 10.2 km/L to 11.5 km/L regularly... I need to be drive really conservatively to get 12.0 km/L. Usually I get around 10.8 km/L. I drive 38 km daily to and from work, 50% highway, 50% city type roads (Bukit Timah school hour rush).

The Tucson comes with a 1.6 L turbo engine as well... that engine has better driveability in city roads like in Singapore due to the turbo... but I think the fuel consumption is about the same as the 2.0 L naturally aspirated engine... 

Thanks. Looking at 1.6T

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

are you eyeing the 1.6 or 2.0?

1.6 gets better FC. Before giving figures, disclaimer is that FC depends and varies greatly on type of routes one travels. My 2.0 goes from:

- 6 km/L on my way home after work, cos it's only ~3km, got about 4 traffic lights, and 5 other 'stop-point', where i turn out from minor to major roads full of traffic. And it's peak hours.

- 16.5 km/L when i do morning school runs on mostly highway for about 25 km. Could be better if i dun need to negotiate my basement carpark, 5 traffic lights and 1 u-turn.

On average, 2.0 owners report about 9-12 km/L.

1.6 owners fare better, and report 11-14 km/L.

2.0 is smooth and has fewer problems. 1.6 is faster, FC better, road tax lower, but has more issues with the DCT, though nothing like vehicle can't start or stops in its track...

Thanks! Eyeing the 1.6T. What about the DCT, did the facelift resolve any issues? Read there were some tweaks to it.

48 minutes ago, D3571ny said:

Thanks! Eyeing the 1.6T. What about the DCT, did the facelift resolve any issues? Read there were some tweaks to it.

DCT or DGT as long as it is dry type and you accept the wear and tear on the clutch plate and replacement when required, then this not an issue.

23 minutes ago, D3571ny said:

Looks like fewer issues for the FL. 

For the 17-18 1.6, think most had to go back KMC to do software upgrade, and many got the clutch replaced, and at least one got the transmission replaced.

for the FL, far fewer. Either it's improved, or it's not yet time 😆

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Looks like fewer issues for the FL. 

For the 17-18 1.6, think most had to go back KMC to do software upgrade, and many got the clutch replaced, and at least one got the transmission replaced.

for the FL, far fewer. Either it's improved, or it's not yet time 😆

anyway population of Tuscon is too little. so cases will be less heard of as well. 

On 6/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, D3571ny said:

Hi, I drive a 1.6T 2018 model, full tank is about 600km with city drive.

If i drive to malaysia N/S high way, full tank 750km no prob...

Honestly the driving feeling is nice, just the 1st and 2nd gear jerk is a concern.

but so far still ok, no issue..... for the KMC warranty is good, so far my request they able to provide solution.

Hope my point are useful to you. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, jiunyap said:

Hi, I drive a 1.6T 2018 model, full tank is about 600km with city drive.

If i drive to malaysia N/S high way, full tank 750km no prob...

Honestly the driving feeling is nice, just the 1st and 2nd gear jerk is a concern.

but so far still ok, no issue..... for the KMC warranty is good, so far my request they able to provide solution.

Hope my point are useful to you. 

Thanks for the info. So its about 9.7km/l to 12km/l.

Just got my Tucson 1.6 turbo sunroof after an almost 6 months wait! 

The ride is fantastic. Didnt even need to activate sports mode so far and I have to be mindful of my throttle in order as it reaches 100 km/h region easily if I'm not careful... as still breaking in the engine.

• Praise 3

On 6/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, Yuange82 said:

Just got my Tucson 1.6 turbo sunroof after an almost 6 months wait! 

The ride is fantastic. Didnt even need to activate sports mode so far and I have to be mindful of my throttle in order as it reaches 100 km/h region easily if I'm not careful... as still breaking in the engine.

Enjoy your ride... it's a pity this 1.6 L turbo is found only in the Tucson... wish it was in the Sonata as well...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1