New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Turbocharged
(edited)

In terms of design, I find the European designed i40 is super stylish. The KIA Optima is nicer than the Sonata, but I like the i40 even more. I also find Elantra overall more attractive exterior than the Forte (too round and bulbous for my taste) with its more business like styling.

But the facelifted i40 is a step backwards on the front imo, I liked the curved line of DRLs underlining the projectors and the new hexagon grill is too Audi-like for my taste. The old one with the 'mouth' strut in the middle is much more unique.

If Hyundai offer me the i40 facelift estate model with the 2.2L CRDi though I think I would hoot haha.

Edited by 7hm

Supersonic

No know. My last hyundai let go 4.years ago.

What is the age of the car when you let go?

• Praise 1

Nice.....just hope that Komoco will bring in higher specs model, including the interior fittings and features....

Hyundai designs are really getting nicer, bigger and more road presence....saw a new silver colour Sonata on the orad this morning......Mercedes C200 looks small besides it.......

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I doubt Hyundai will bring in higher spec model. Maybe then they can price their car cheaper?!

Turbocharged

Nice.....just hope that Komoco will bring in higher specs model, including the interior fittings and features....

Hyundai designs are really getting nicer, bigger and more road presence....saw a new silver colour Sonata on the orad this morning......Mercedes C200 looks small besides it.......

Sonata and C200 are in different size classes. The Sonata is a mid-size (or, for us in crampedroadspore, a big car) and is 4,855 x 1,865 x 1,475 mm with a 2,805mm wheelbase. The C-Class is a compact executive with the latest W205 weighing in at 4,686 x 1,810 x 1,442mm, albeit with a longer 2,840mm wheelbase.

The Sonata is larger in almost all dimensions and is more comparable in size class to the E-Class. Of course a Sonata might get compared to a C-Class or CLA more easily due to pricing... The sheer difference in dimesnsions surely gives a Sonata more presence next to a smaller C-Class, but in my opinion the "organic styling" of the W205 is more memorable.

Anyhow, those points said the new Sonata which features "Fluidic Sculpture 2.0" echoes a lot of the Genesis, which imo is kind of strongly influenced by Mercedes' previous generations of styling, at least from the front. I agree it looks nice, but it no longer has that distinct character that was introduced with the original Fluidic Sculpture. Think the European designed i20/i30/i40 and the Elantra. Those cars are unmistakeably recognizable as Hyundai now and there is still nothing else really like them. Think of their "eagle eyes" and the hexagon-grille with the body-colored 'mouth strut' (as I call it)... those were truly unique visual features. The facelifted i40 looks less distinct because they have shed both of these features.

• Praise 1

Design not too bad, own a hyundai before. The only thing is their parts wear out faster than jap made

I think that was the case 15 or 20 years ago but not any more. My 1995 Tucson is heading to the scrapyard in 3 weeks time and in 10 years the only non standard replacement (ie, tyres, battery, brake pads..) was a new air-con compressor at around year 6 or 7. I am very impressed with its reliability actually...

• Praise 3

Design not bad. Good amount of interior features.

Hope they bring in the turbocharged version.. more suited for SG city driving. 2.0L NA is trashy, weak and bad FC. If they do, I might be keen.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I think that was the case 15 or 20 years ago but not any more. My 1995 Tucson is heading to the scrapyard in 3 weeks time and in 10 years the only non standard replacement (ie, tyres, battery, brake pads..) was a new air-con compressor at around year 6 or 7. I am very impressed with its reliability actually...

Was the Tucson really around in 1995??

What is the age of the car when you let go?

5 years old.

If i remember correctly but in 95 they only have accent, elantra.

5 years old.

If i remember correctly but in 95 they only have accent, elantra.

Oops. Sorry... had a brain fart.. Ya. 2005.!

Quite a nice car for $64,999 at the time :-)

Turbocharged

If you've been dreaming about getting the new Tucson with the turbocharged petrol-pot, you're unfortunately going to be disappointed.

Car Buyer says they aren't bringing that in... but we will get a 2.0L turbodiesel.

Eh, there is no Hyundai salesman in this forum arh? Till now, no sound from Hyundai Singapore when they will launch the new model in Singapore...... Wait till neck long long like giraffe liao....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Eh, there is no Hyundai salesman in this forum arh? Till now, no sound from Hyundai Singapore when they will launch the new model in Singapore...... Wait till neck long long like giraffe liao....

According to the article I just read, "a pre-production model is currently undergoing homologation with regular production units slated to go on sale within the coming weeks. Prices are not yet available at time of print", so that would line up with what I was told previously by a Hyundai sales executive - August ~ September.

Even if have you think he/she will stick out his/her neck and post meh? [:p]

• Praise 2

Even if have you think he/she will stick out his/her neck and post meh? [:p]

hahaha.. must create some posts and generate some interest mah..... hopefully the price doesn't cross $140k

They bring in 2litres then would be direct competition with Nissan QQ. Should be around same price at most.

hahaha.. must create some posts and generate some interest mah..... hopefully the price doesn't cross $140k

They bring in 2litres then would be direct competition with Nissan QQ. Should be around same price at most.

If you are willing to commit, I think can go below 140k. They just had a facelift in April so I doubt there will be a new model that will be launched so soon. Earliest also next, then again I could be wrong.

Saw the new Tucson over the weekend. Liked it and booked. First time booking a new car so not sure if I got a good pre-launch deal. My se kept saying pre-launch sure best deal, hopefully that is true. Looking forward to bros who booked as well to share the deal they got.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1