Man shot dead near Shangri-La Hotel After incident

Petamore

Hypersonic

Clean record and no contraband....usually wont be kancheong the most pissed off with the security roadblocks....and if the innocence dies thete will be a big hullaballoo especially for MIW. That said, most of us who have done no crime will probably pass thru the roadblocks with no problem. Heck...last time when i go back from work we will use that road for thrills and later go thru Mt Pleasant for some fun......

If you watched american sniper. The call is on the one who pulls the trigger and so is the praise and blame. The command centre will relief themselves of their responsibilites, and tells the sniper it is his call. He either be a hero or sinner, no in-between..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If you watched american sniper. The call is on the one who pulls the trigger and so is the praise and blame. The command centre will relief themselves of their responsibilites, and tells the sniper it is his call. He either be a hero or sinner, no in-between..

Anyway one shot one kill. So far from scene. I say kudos to the sniper... If it's killed by snipper...

Aiyah, mai ani kuan... no good bro. Some things are better left unsaid.

ok la.. reproduce less.. good

• Praise 1

Hmmnnm.....

With modern automated cars, you never know when it is going to launch an "unintended" acceleration.

Then, the future is driverless cars.... Shoot the occupants 'cos driverless car got unintended acceleration?

Just some food for thought.

Clean record and no contraband....usually wont be kancheong the most pissed off with the security roadblocks....and if the innocence dies thete will be a big hullaballoo especially for MIW. That said, most of us who have done no crime will probably pass thru the roadblocks with no problem. Heck...last time when i go back from work we will use that road for thrills and later go thru Mt Pleasant for some fun......

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hmmnnm.....

With modern automated cars, you never know when it is going to launch an "unintended" acceleration.

Then, the future is driverless cars.... Shoot the occupants 'cos driverless car got unintended acceleration?

in future all new babies will be microchipped then if later adult take drug, the chip will detect drugs n alert mata n goto jail :D

Hmmnnm.....

Thats why i want a manual car....always😂😂😂😂!

ok la.. reproduce less.. good

garmen say we must reproduce hor!

(edited)

Not all the Gurkhas carry shotguns. I saw some with MP5.

yes, but even with the best markmanship, how to discharge a single round at the driver in a fast moving vehicle under poor lighting condition ?

A semi auto MP5 hardly make sensible choice and we should see more than a few holes on that Subaru windscreen.

My guess is SPF was working on worst case senerio of a car-bomb attack and pre-planned decision is to take out the driver is probably a few options left once the outer parameter was breached..

That is already hinted in Ng Eng Heng's FB

https://www.facebook.com/ngenghen.defenceminister

I was headed for the Shangri-La Hotel, and had waited outside the cordon while our policemen and SAF soldiers went about their duties professionally. Half an hour later, with no explosives or weapons detected, the go-ahead was given. The thought did cross my mind while waiting – if there was an improvised explosive device detected....

Edited by Wishcumstrue

Turbocharged

yes, but even with the best markmanship, how to discharge a single round at the driver in a fast moving vehicle under poor lighting condition ?

A semi auto MP5 hardn't make sensible choice and we should see more than a few holes on that Subaru windscreen.

My guess is SPF was working on worst case senerio of a car-bomb attack and pre-planned decision is to take out the driver is probably a few options left once the outer parameter was breached.

soon terrorists will go high tech n use drone bomb :ph34r: .. so easy to buy drones nowadays...

bro....difficult to compare as we are not a warzone or a country where firearms and ordinance are easy to come by! Actually i also didnt know of the international conference until news came out about the shooting.....

Fair or not fair, justified or not, everything will be revealed during the coroner inquiry.

To me, the police has done the right thing in stopping the intruder right in his track.

How do you know it was only the gurkha who open fired, much less confirm who had delivered the fatal round on the driver ?

I am no gun fan nor a ballistic expert, that single hole on the windscreen doesn't look like coming from a shotgun, which most of the gurkha are seen carrying..

Anyone with has real-world experience can advise if that looks like rifle or shotgun rounds ??

Not all Gurkha carry shot gun... the type of weapon they armed is depend on the deployment and surround environment.

They can have MP5, Shot gun as basic engagement weapon for deployment...(I think they also have M4)... but each and every Gurkha have a basic arms of .45 handgun as well as they famous kukri...

I don think SPF will announce who open fire... Gurkha or normal police force...

But looking at the gun shot hole... it is sure not a shot gun... if shot gun is shot, i think the whole windscreen will gone... shot gun have a short effective range, but the the hitting dia about 1.5 to 2.5m

I also don think normal police open shot... normal police normally carries .38 gun... the hole looks too big in the picture...

I think it is shot by MP5... a 9mm caliber... but other that Gurkha uses MP5, Singapore STAR also use that...

My 2 cents worth and my limited knowledge on weapon...

Not all Gurkha carry shot gun... the type of weapon they armed is depend on the deployment and surround environment.

They can have MP5, Shot gun as basic engagement weapon for deployment...(I think they also have M4)... but each and every Gurkha have a basic arms of .45 handgun as well as they famous kukri...

But looking at the gun shot hole... it is sure not a shot gun... if shot gun is shot, i think the whole windscreen will gone... shot gun have a short effective range, but the the hitting dia about 1.5 to 2.5m

I also don think normal police open shot... normal police normally carries .38 gun... the hole looks too big in the picture...

I think it is shot by MP5... a 9mm caliber... but other that Gurkha uses MP5, Singapore STAR also use that...

C_DRF70845_00.jpg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

d only polis sniper im concerned abt is

main2_1.jpg

ducky, don't speed lah. u speed u know yr skills n car well but u know nothing abt the Elephant with Big Ears following u.

n we don't need another roast duck on the road. getting home safe for yr family is top priority.

Twincharged

I mentioned earlier about the size of the hole and it so clean. MP5 is a sub machine gun. Likely more than one round will be discharged. Looks more like a 50 calibre sniper rifle. The answer can only be found of you examine the interior of the car. A sniper round will make a big mess .

Turbocharged

I mentioned earlier about the size of the hole and it so clean. MP5 is a sub machine gun. Likely more than one round will be discharged. Looks more like a 50 calibre sniper rifle. The answer can only be found of you examine the interior of the car. A sniper round will make a big mess .

2102131SAM_6048.jpg

↡ Advertisement