Sabah quake tragedy

Enye

Not saying this on hindsight. when I heard primary school children were there, I really thought they were only hiking around the KK National Park. I was shocked to find out not only did they climb the mountain, they chose to take the most difficult abseiling Ferrata route down. Most adults didn't even choose the route.

And no, I will NOT send my young child to climb Mt KK on his own. I am not saying this on hindsight. So parents have to ask themselves, did they do the necessary DD before signing the consent? Did they know their kids will be taking the Ferrata route down when their legs are already weak? Or were there some complacency and lack of interest in the child's activities, however risky it might be? It is easy to sugar coat and blame God and bad karma, but I think in this case, perhaps the parents themselves have to take some responsibility. In life, it is easy to externalise and blame others like fate and God and bad karma.

I notice those writing in in strong support of continued Mt KK climb for young children are those who have never climbed the mountain themselves. Climbing mountain and doing extreme sports can wait when you are older and ready to sign your own indemnity form.

U noe wat bro? I noticed these are the very pple with 20/20 hindsight on the shangri-la thread. Dun make noises for the sake of making. It doesn't make u any brighter. And ya, I disliked ur post

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

When after 1 12yr old sch gal peony body was found. They reported 8 student & 2 teacher still missing and not accounted for. Then 1 boy was rescue by the park ranger, it means 7 missing students and 2 teacher.

Now if you add up together including the first deceased gal they have found. It total 8 childrens + 2 teacher total 10 sporeans.

That's why I said the maths doesn't add up. They announced 10 Singaporeans missing after the deceased girl was announced so logically she should not be included in the 10?

young lives tragically cut short. I just hope they went fast [smallcry] I would think the remaining 2 have a very very slim chance of survival, most likely gone as well.

白发送黑发, surely very very heartbroken.

post-1137-0-83784000-1433657129.jpg

• Praise 1

My heart goes to the affected families.

And for goodness sake, why do we have to send students of such a young age to these places. U mean our OBS is not good enough for primary school kids.

And who is taking all the benefits? The schools, the students or the vendor?

• Praise 1

No, more like Singaporeans are to used to look for someone to blame. Whenever there is trouble, blame game first if can. If cant someone elsemust take the blame.

Natural calamities can strike anytime/anyplace, nothing we can do to prevent such suayness...

From the numerous replies here, i can see why we have so many young strawberries in Spore, given that their parents are with such mindset too.

• Praise 3

Not saying this on hindsight. when I heard primary school children were there, I really thought they were only hiking around the KK National Park. I was shocked to find out not only did they climb the mountain, they chose to take the most difficult abseiling Ferrata route down. Most adults didn't even choose the route.

And no, I will NOT send my young child to climb Mt KK on his own. I am not saying this on hindsight. So parents have to ask themselves, did they do the necessary DD before signing the consent? Did they know their kids will be taking the Ferrata route down when their legs are already weak? Or were there some complacency and lack of interest in the child's activities, however risky it might be? It is easy to sugar coat and blame God and bad karma, but I think in this case, perhaps the parents themselves have to take some responsibility. In life, it is easy to externalise and blame others like fate and God and bad karma.

I notice those writing in in strong support of continued Mt KK climb for young children are those who have never climbed the mountain themselves. Climbing mountain and doing extreme sports can wait when you are older and ready to sign your own indemnity form.

bro, you have made your point. I agree with you mainly (Definitely will not allow my boys either), but lets just leave it as that. It's all pointless to us now.

Whatever changes in the future, let's leave it to MOE, schools and parents.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

And for goodness sake, why do we have to send students of such a young age to these places. U mean our OBS is not good enough for primary school kids.

You do know OBS also has its risk right?? Shit happen...... Nobody know KK will have an earthquake, nobody know Korea will have a MERs outbreak.... nobody know there will be an earthquake in Nepal, Nobody know tonite they will strike 4D.... else sell kidney also must buy......

It is an unfortunate incident, a sad day for all of us, condolences to the family and stay strong....... lets stop this blaming and pointing fingers......

• Praise 7

(edited)

I really dunno how these children going to prepared their psle exam 2 mths time.

C'mon, you see your own classmate and scool mates falling down from the face of the hill with falling stones debris. You while body will be shaken. Its like those soldiers in frontline see their comrades head and limbs blown to pieces. Below are the extracts from the survivor that was in their harness and rope when the quake started.

On second thought, SAF units even find this challenging, why ask 12 years go and climb?

"Parents said their children were traumatised by what happened.

Mr Hafiz Ahman, 43, a teacher, said his niece, Amal Ashley Lim, 12, had been in constant contact with their family since the quake.

"I think she's quite shaken because she and another girl were pushed under an overhang but they saw other pupils falling down," he said.

"A teacher told them to stay there and went out to look for the others. He never came back."

Edited by Abachee
  • Praise 1

I am proposing that from today all events and matches at sea game hold a minute of silence as grief and love for the deceased.

Sincere prayer for the teacher who sacrificed himself

He was safe and he could have been back but he didn't and went to look for other children

He is a hero, who died as an extremely responsible teacher

I hope his family will be looked after by MOE and he deserves all of our respect

He is one courageous man.....

• Praise 9

I have the impression that these trips have been ongoing for years and have benefited many, which explains why three primary schools are there.

If there was no earthquake, I believe it would have turned out well and the school must have as you said, trained the students for months.

You can choose to believe if your child can or cannot. Whichever you believe in, it will be correct.

Correction,1 primary and 2 secondary schools.

Turbocharged

I am proposing that from today all events and matches at sea game hold a minute of silence as grief and love for the deceased.

alamak Bro... propose here no use leh... got to email to the SEA Games Organising Comm leh....

Half Mast too..... for the tragic lost of so many young life.... :TT_TT:

And for goodness sake,can stop the blame game first?!!

And goodness sake,no one expected this thing to happened and no one were being forced to go!

If you bo LP,just keep your kids at home,lock them in a cage and that's your business.

Now give those affected families to grieve lah.

• Praise 6

alamak Bro... propose here no use leh... got to email to the SEA Games Organising Comm leh....

Half Mast too..... for the tragic lost of so many young life.... :TT_TT:

Is a Nation tragedy that many of our childern passed away in a natural disaster. I am not kidding here. We feel so close to this sad event because it can be from any school, any families.

Rip our children. The nation will keep all of you in prayers.