Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Woman arrested for using counterfeit $50 notes
THE STRAITS TIMES Jun 24, 2019
by MALAVIKA MENON 

fakenotes_spf.jpg

SINGAPORE - A 30-year-old woman was arrested for using counterfeit $50 notes on 10 separate occasions, the police said on Sunday (June 23).

The police received several reports, between June 16 and 20, of counterfeit $50 dollars being used in convenience stores and retail outlets in the Hougang and Tampines estates.

After enquiries on the ground, the police arrested the woman at Hougang Avenue 2 at 9am on Sunday and seized several items including two $50 notes which are believed to be counterfeits, a printer, printing paper, stationery and $1,200.

The notes, which the woman is believed to have printed, was used to pay for items of low value, the police said.

The woman, who is also believed to be involved in a case of theft in dwelling in February, will be charged in court on Monday.

Those convicted for the offence of counterfeiting currency notes and those convicted for the offence of using counterfeit currency notes as genuine notes may be liable for a jail term of up to 20 years and may also be fined.

↡ Advertisement

Scammers are also coming to this forum. i received a PM to be friends as the guy is coming to SG for investment. of course need my help on the investment. how to contact admin to block the person?

Supersonic

Scammers are also coming to this forum. i received a PM to be friends as the guy is coming to SG for investment. of course need my help on the investment. how to contact admin to block the person?

isnt there a report button on the msg?

(edited)

Fake Chinese officials scam on the rise; victims cheated of S$4.8m in 4 months: Police

The police are advising members of the public to take precautions when they receive unsolicited calls, especially from unknown parties:

1. Don't panic - Ignore the calls and caller's instructions. No government agency will request for personal details or transfer of money over the phone or through automated voice machines. Call a trusted friend or talk to a relative before you act as you may be overwhelmed by emotion and err in your judgement.
  2. Don't believe - Scammers may use caller ID spoofing technology to mask the actual phone number and display a different number. Calls that appear to be from a local number may not actually be from Singapore. If you receive a suspicious call from a local number, hang up, wait a while, then call the number back to check the validity of the request.
  3. Don't give - Do not provide your name, identification number, passport details contact details, bank account or credit card details. Such information is useful to criminals.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/china-officials-impersonation-scam-police-warrant-card-bitcoin-11676732

Edited by Blueray

Now scam calls are disgusing as singtel to scam ppl...speaking in Mandrin no less. If you see numbers like 8969 2580 just ignore the calls. I dont even use this service provider, how can I be receiving calls from them?

Twincharged

Now scam calls are disgusing as singtel to scam ppl...speaking in Mandrin no less. If you see numbers like 8969 2580 just ignore the calls. I dont even use this service provider, how can I be receiving calls from them?

multi-national my friend !!

I am so envious that my staff just received a call from "SingTel Office" from an Indian accented "Mr Habir" or something telling him that he has won $50k from a Bonus draw !! I told my staff must share and to order a few tables !!

Wisma Atria. 

After donkey years of never stepped in Wisma, I brought my boys there last year. Took the capsule lift down, and was looking forward to showing them the sharks........ then .... 

[bigcry]  [bigcry]  [bigcry]

After donkey years of never stepped in Wisma, I brought my boys there last year. Took the capsule lift down, and was looking forward to showing them the sharks........ then ....

[bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

That’s why want to do things hurry and do

Jurong bird park still got chance

Once they shift it to Mandai to make the integrated zoo then no more Liao

Better hurry up

Want to eat, hurry and eat

Want to tour, hurry up and tour

Want to piak, hurry up and piak :XD:

That’s why want to do things hurry and do

Jurong bird park still got chance

Once they shift it to Mandai to make the integrated zoo then no more Liao

Better hurry up

Want to eat, hurry and eat

Want to tour, hurry up and tour

Want to piak, hurry up and piak :XD:

just went to Jaipur bird Park a few months ago oredi ............    [:|]

just went to Jaipur bird Park a few months ago oredi ............ [:|]

You got bring kids to inside the lory loft inside feed the parrots?

That place take children feed parrot photo very nice

Twincharged

Wisma lor. One of the popular meeting points before Orchard MRT opened.

If you went Burger King there 30 years ago .. Chances are that the burger was made by me!!
  • Praise 1