Beware of scammers

Yewheng

My wife just received a call from a heavy Indian accent fellow from "Singtel" claiming to be a "cyber security officer".

Warning her that there were unauthorized devices logged into her internet network. Asking her whether she has a computer or laptop. 😂

My wife who is aware told him "no". 

He replied..."oh?" Then quickly hang up. 🤣

She told me the caller id starts with a number "9". I told her number can be generated. She said dunno how they got hold of her contact number. I told her it's possible that it could be ex-Singtel employee. They hire so many foreigners and they have access to so many information.

So many fxxking scammers target ppl in our island. Thanks to the most expensive city in the world title. Thanks.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scam-impersonation-singtel-telco-employee-police-spf-11916170

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

New pattern scam is from WeChat

Beautiful girl will request you to add

Then TCSS daily with you

Promise to visit you but expenses on you

So teach you play Forex trading

Demo account but make you double or triple the amount inside

Now ask you add trading manager WeChat to start authentic trading

Reason is to make real cash for her coming visit rather you out from pocket

After you transfer money over

Pretty girl and Manager blacklist you

PS. Strange thing is that how they managed to teach you trading then double or triple the amount of demo account

If they can trade so well must as well don't scam right

I asked my Tiongkok friends they also kenna

Guys playing WeChat please beware

Cheers 😄

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, Watwheels said:

My wife just received a call from a heavy Indian accent fellow from "Singtel" claiming to be a "cyber security officer".

Warning her that there were unauthorized devices logged into her internet network. Asking her whether she has a computer or laptop. 😂

She told me the caller id starts with a number "9". I told her number can be generated. She said dunno how they got hold of her contact number. I told her it's possible that it could be ex-Singtel employee. They hire so many foreigners and they have access to so many information.

So many fxxking scammers target ppl in our island. Thanks to the most expensive city in the world title. Thanks.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scam-impersonation-singtel-telco-employee-police-spf-11916170

I just got the same, this morning and a couple of days ago....today from a SG number, on display at least.

The guy this morning got a ruder reception than the lady late last week when I was a bit blur but yeah, would be interesting to know if everybody receiving calls are all on ST numbers like i am. Both my fibres are not registered to ST and never have been.

I received a call from what looks like a normal number.

Since I was driving, I didn't pick up. The caller called 2x.

Later, I call the number and got a response from Starhub that the number is not in use.

That means the caller has spoofed a disuse Starhub number during his call.

More scams and spams on the way.

There are also a few scammers here too. As long as have ulterior motive and marketing a product, already trending towards scamming.

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

There are also a few scammers here too. As long as have ulterior motive and marketing a product, already trending towards scamming.

Really ?? Some even put MIW pix 😜😜

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

On 10/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, BanCoe said:

Really ?? Some even put MIW pix 😜😜

Thats a failure to put MIW pic ....... everyone knows they are :grin:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

On 11/16/2019 at 2:21 PM, Blueray said:

S$6 million lost to phone scammers impersonating technical support staff and police

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/phone-scammers-impersonating-singtel-starhub-police-12096930

just receive a similar call from Singtel as well .. hope the Police can quickly do their work fast to track them.

• Haha! 1

On 11/26/2019 at 12:28 PM, Sdf4786k said:

just receive a similar call from Singtel as well .. hope the Police can quickly do their work fast to track them.

mostly based in india....

youtube have a lot of videos of these scammers being played

• Haha! 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, Watwheels said:

when this same Indian lady call me this morning and after letting her talk finish, i talk back to her in Chinese ..." ni chao ji buy "  and she hang up .... bahahahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2