Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Woman loses over $18,000 in scam related to fake Lazada gift vouchers

The 55-year-old woman, known only as H, received a message on Jan 13 from a "friend" that she had not been in contact with for more than a year, reported citizen journalism site Stomp.

The message, which appeared to be accompanied by Turkish text, claimed to contain a six-digit code that would help H and the friend win Lazada gift vouchers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/woman-loses-over-18000-in-scam-related-to-fake-lazada-gift-vouchers

:a-no:

Won't be surprised if scammers make use of Wuhan virus crisis.

" This is the police. You have been identified as a carrier of Wuhan virus. Report now to blah..blah..blah., otherwise send money to blah..blah..blah to avoid reporting and inconvenience. "

You need the naive will pay ?

• Haha! 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, PSP415 said:

Beasts and animals have come up with latest scam via false "MOH contact tracing".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moh-covid19-scam-automated-call-impersonating-health-officials-12582504

Pls beware and let elderly at home know.

FYI 

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

i received... straight away hang up...  typical prc chinese accent recorded message.

• Praise 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, PSP415 said:

Beasts and animals have come up with latest scam via false "MOH contact tracing".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moh-covid19-scam-automated-call-impersonating-health-officials-12582504

Pls beware and let elderly at home know.

FYI 

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Why blame poor animals lah ?? It’s the ugly fugly humans lah bro 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Scammer face is shown at the last part of the video. Wonder if this lady go make police report. Will the police able to coordinate with India and then catch this scammer with his face being shown? 

Twincharged

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/77-million-lost-to-tech-support-scams-from-jan-to-april-in-big-spike-over-same-period-last?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1591262869

Take note people.. Scammers now getting more clever and more advance in tech.. So if received call that need to visit some website to download software and install, better be safe then sorry and hang the phone. 

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Fraudulent transaction again! 

IMG_20200605_113352.jpg

which one is scam ? the transaction or the number 63396963 ?

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

which one is scam ? the transaction or the number 63396963 ?

Fraudulent transaction . Oh, am I posting at the wrong thread?

Turbocharged

Just got a call from an indian (heavy accent plus WhatsApp call somemore) beginning with country code 92...asking me to provide me bank account number, if not he will 'block' my DBS card....the WhatsApp call had the DBS logo and he said he was an IT employee.

Smelling a scam when he could not reply which DBS card he was referring to, he started addressing me as 'Brudder' and said repeatedly he would block my card if I don't give him my account number...

How can he know which card to 'block' if he doesnt even know the last 4 digits of the card which I asked him to provide...knn clearly a scam...

As if these Indians coming here to steal our jobs is not enough, now they are trying to scam us from overseas...so I told him to go ahead and block all my cards if he is really legit....the more cards blocked the merrier..during these bad times...may be good to curb my spending also....then I hung up..[rifle]

Beware fellow forummers…!

Post Call: I googled and learnt that 92 is actually the country code for Pakistan...didn't know DBS had backend operations there..[laugh]

↡ Advertisement