2015 Mazda 2

enthucarowner

46 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Is Mazda 2 Skyactiv refer to sedan version? I sat in a PHV mazda 2 sedan, the rear also quite tight.

Refers to all version, including hatchbacks. 

Sedan’s difference mainly is the boot size. Rear passenger space is the same. Worst is made in Thailand whereas hatchback is made in Japan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I notice Mazda quoting their cars without COE. Mz2 going for $44k+ which is not really attractive if u add a $25k COE n that’s if COE drops to $25k.

Anyway I don’t quite understand their pricing strategy as very few ADs advertise prices without COE. Buying a car without COE was encouraged by many so that COE could in theory come down as buyers decide the level but the ADs have been cunning to price cars without COE with bigger margins compared with those with COE. Thus, even if u get your own COE at the level u r comfortable with, u might not be better off overall. Of course there are exceptions. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Spring said:

I notice Mazda quoting their cars without COE. Mz2 going for $44k+ which is not really attractive if u add a $25k COE n that’s if COE drops to $25k.

Anyway I don’t quite understand their pricing strategy as very few ADs advertise prices without COE. Buying a car without COE was encouraged by many so that COE could in theory come down as buyers decide the level but the ADs have been cunning to price cars without COE with bigger margins compared with those with COE. Thus, even if u get your own COE at the level u r comfortable with, u might not be better off overall. Of course there are exceptions. 

OT...

Suzuki Swift was going for 39.9k w/o COE, which seems more attractive.

I think they can be on par.

If I were to buy a car now, the max I will add is 20k for a COE, and that makes the car 60+k. Not good, imho.

Being a punter, I would go ridiculous and put 10k non-guranteed COE. If I get the car, then thats good. If not, I can bear with it.

If they really needed the sales, they would accept the deal assuming they can have an ok margin given that Mz2 is really due for its FL.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bushes, and that certainly applies to the dealers.

Edited by Brass

7 hours ago, 09YJHT said:

I see, cool sounds good. Space is not really a major concern, i foresee just myself and a passenger majority of the time, just a good-to-have i guess

if rear not a problem, than mz2 lah.

the 6speed is v nice. 

cvt damn irritating

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

OT...

Suzuki Swift was going for 39.9k w/o COE, which seems more attractive.

I think they can be on par.

If I were to buy a car now, the max I will add is 20k for a COE, and that makes the car 60+k. Not good, imho.

Being a punter, I would go ridiculous and put 10k non-guranteed COE. If I get the car, then thats good. If not, I can bear with it.

If they really needed the sales, they would accept the deal assuming they can have an ok margin given that Mz2 is really due for its FL.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bushes, and that certainly applies to the dealers.

it on par on paper only.

its not on par in real life.

I test drive it before I buy Mazda 2. 

it struggle badly before boost kick in.

The rear legroom is tight. The small window (little light even with stock tinted windows) and suspension setup makes sitting in the rear uncomfortable. Can feel every bump on the road. The front seats don't feel it as much. It is a good car if it is just the driver and front passenger. Both for city and NSHW. 

If you're buying 2nd hand, you're almost guaranteed that the HB version wasn't used as PHV. 

Parts are not an issue. I think many of the parts are shared with Mz 3 and CX3. Given the number of Mz 3 on the roads, I don't foresee a problem with running the car until the 10th year.

The major addition to the FL version is GVC and AA/Carplay if TEK is generous enough. Using that same low res screen in 2020 is a put off after looking at the one in the Mz3. 

I do plan to keep my car until the end of COE (2025) since I'm still enjoying it very much. Suits my needs at this stage of my life and will evaluate again in 2025. I think if current owners were to change cars now, they will change to bigger cars, rather than change from the 2015 Mz2 to the 2020 FL Mz2. It's at the price sensitive segment of the market. 

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, Spring said:

Marketing tactic I presume. Makes buyers tempted to take a look at the car due to the 'low price' listed.

9 minutes ago, Lovemyride said:

The rear legroom is tight. The small window (little light even with stock tinted windows) and suspension setup makes sitting in the rear uncomfortable. Can feel every bump on the road. The front seats don't feel it as much. It is a good car if it is just the driver and front passenger. Both for city and NSHW. 

If you're buying 2nd hand, you're almost guaranteed that the HB version wasn't used as PHV. 

Parts are not an issue. I think many of the parts are shared with Mz 3 and CX3. Given the number of Mz 3 on the roads, I don't foresee a problem with running the car until the 10th year.

The major addition to the FL version is GVC and AA/Carplay if TEK is generous enough. Using that same low res screen in 2020 is a put off after looking at the one in the Mz3. 

I do plan to keep my car until the end of COE (2025) since I'm still enjoying it very much. Suits my needs at this stage of my life and will evaluate again in 2025. I think if current owners were to change cars now, they will change to bigger cars, rather than change from the 2015 Mz2 to the 2020 FL Mz2. It's at the price sensitive segment of the market. 

You are right on the description of the Mz2.

I too would have kept the ride but was just so tempted by the new Mz3 and the trade in value that TEK gave me. So traded in my 2 for the 3 close to the 4 year mark of ownership.

• Praise 1

On 5/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, DylanChen said:

it on par on paper only.

its not on par in real life.

I test drive it before I buy Mazda 2. 

it struggle badly before boost kick in.

It has 6 airbags, cruise control and it looks less dated imho.

Though the rear view mirror is unacceptable.

YMMV.

Anyway Im not buying.

3 hours ago, ashtaichee said:

walao, now my driver side mirror cannot rotate in... cannot go JB settle somemore... sian ttm

No more warranty?

(edited)
1 hour ago, ashtaichee said:

nope.. alr 4+ yr old

No choice. Wait for the opportunity to drive in to JB then.

Why not replace in SG?

Edited by Discoburg

Anyone did aircon repair recently? My sedan after topped gas for few days getting warmer again. General service workshop suggest coil leak.

Any ideas what is the usual culprits? I noted the air con thread some members had condenser changed. Does it happen around past 3 year mark like my case? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bionix2mt said:

Anyone did aircon repair recently? My sedan after topped gas for few days getting warmer again. General service workshop suggest coil leak.

Any ideas what is the usual culprits? I noted the air con thread some members had condenser changed. Does it happen around past 3 year mark like my case? 

Once you need to top up ac gas means there is a leak somewhere. Topping up will only solve the problem temporary. 

I also had replaced my Mz2 coil before around the second year mark, the leak is there for mine. 

39 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Once you need to top up ac gas means there is a leak somewhere. Topping up will only solve the problem temporary. 

I also had replaced my Mz2 coil before around the second year mark, the leak is there for mine. 

Thanks @Discoburg

Seems the ac dont last since my mileage around 34k 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Bionix2mt said:

Thanks @Discoburg

Seems the ac dont last since my mileage around 34k 

I had AC problems around that mileage too. Changed condenser as there was a leak and did flushing and top up gas. 

I think this is not a Mazda specific problem as the parts are quite universal across different brands, so you'll encounter the same thing with other brands too. Just have to take it as part of wear and tear costs, unlike older cars where I had zero AC issues on my previous 2006 Suzuki. 

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Lovemyride said:

I had AC problems around that mileage too. Changed condenser as there was a leak and did flushing and top up gas. 

I think this is not a Mazda specific problem as the parts are quite universal across different brands, so you'll encounter the same thing with other brands too. Just have to take it as part of wear and tear costs, unlike older cars where I had zero AC issues on my previous 2006 Suzuki. 

Thanks @Lovemyride

I really hope is something relatively easy to resolve. Cross my fingers. 

↡ Advertisement