Hyundai i40 facelift

7hm

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think I saw some of the facelift running around as taxi already...

I still like the i40 Estate... wondering if the facelift i40 Estate will touch down at Komoco. I won't be surprised if they don't bring it in... i40 tourer sold so little here since nobody likes wagons and nobody likes buying cars that become taxi. Great value car though, real hidden gem imo!

photo-3_3.jpg

To be honest though I prefer the previous grille (new one looks too close to Audi imo) and the curly DRL line, but the new LED foglamps look nicer. The new projector housing is also pretty neat. Rear and interior looks about the same though. Side profile still looks great.

Edited by 7hm
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Komoco latest pricelist now lists i40 2.0 GDi GLS as "Coming Soon"... should mean facelift tourer should be coming?! :a-panic:

:a-happy:

Supersonic

Are they using the wagon version as taxi here? Though i only see the sedan version as taxi? Anyway, the i40 wagon design looks chio, but too bad don't see many people buy this car?

Turbocharged

Are they using the wagon version as taxi here? Though i only see the sedan version as taxi? Anyway, the i40 wagon design looks chio, but too bad don't see many people buy this car?

Our SG taxis are using the 1.7L CRDi (160hp?) sedan only. Komoco brought in the Tourer (Estate/Wagon) only as a 2.0L "Nu" GDi naturally aspirated petrol for consumers, it will never be sold as a taxi. Likewise the sedan that is sold as a taxi will never be available for consumers.

At least at the moment.

Car design is chio, but it's a wagon that SGP already rarely like, plus it's a Hyundai, and then it's a taxi (the sedan), so it's got triple image problem. But very good value for money. Interestingly the few I saw on SGCM all eventually got sold, and one fine day I actually saw three of them in three separate places.

Other than that one day though, rarely see.. like only once or twice... besides inspecting one in showroom/second hand

Supersonic

Our SG taxis are using the 1.7L CRDi (160hp?) sedan only. Komoco brought in the Tourer (Estate/Wagon) only as a 2.0L "Nu" GDi naturally aspirated petrol for consumers, it will never be sold as a taxi. Likewise the sedan that is sold as a taxi will never be available for consumers.

At least at the moment.

Car design is chio, but it's a wagon that SGP already rarely like, plus it's a Hyundai, and then it's a taxi (the sedan), so it's got triple image problem. But very good value for money. Interestingly the few I saw on SGCM all eventually got sold, and one fine day I actually saw three of them in three separate places.

Other than that one day though, rarely see.. like only once or twice... besides inspecting one in showroom/second hand

I believe the main reason is the brand issue, cause it is a Korean car. Actually sedan and wagon is totally different, in terms of design and features, so even it is used as a taxi for sedan, by right it should not affect much.

Turbocharged

I believe the main reason is the brand issue, cause it is a Korean car. Actually sedan and wagon is totally different, in terms of design and features, so even it is used as a taxi for sedan, by right it should not affect much.

Wagons are inherently unpopular here... example, Volvo V60, quite desirable, yet so rare. Most buy S60.

For i40, if you say to others you driving i40, they sure ask you, "You taxi driver?" Just like the KIA Optima. Great looking car, but once Silvercab took on a Optima fleet, people stopped buying it.

The tourer here very good value, memory electric seats, reasonable 8-speaker audio system (controls a bit old-school though), 176hp 2.0L engine (with ok fuel econ) and lots and lots of space with panoramic roof. Even got front and rear sensors with the mirror screen rear view camera. The car's face is different due to the fully adaptive AFLS headlamps (patterning and swivelling with static cornering), but it is still recognizable as the same car as our taxis (almost).

Thus, the i40 got a really bad image problem. Those who want wagons usually look for european marques. Then when you ask taxi driver how is their i40, they will complain, mainly because they unhappy with the higher rental. [dizzy]

actually i like the I40 too.

just buy it in white la no one will ask u is it a taxi hehe..... plus wagon different from the blue / yellow comfort sedans.

hehe avoid red too in case the associate with transcab :p black can be associated with the yellowtop cab :p

Wagons are inherently unpopular here... example, Volvo V60, quite desirable, yet so rare. Most buy S60.

For i40, if you say to others you driving i40, they sure ask you, "You taxi driver?" Just like the KIA Optima. Great looking car, but once Silvercab took on a Optima fleet, people stopped buying it.

The tourer here very good value, memory electric seats, reasonable 8-speaker audio system (controls a bit old-school though), 176hp 2.0L engine (with ok fuel econ) and lots and lots of space with panoramic roof. Even got front and rear sensors with the mirror screen rear view camera. The car's face is different due to the fully adaptive AFLS headlamps (patterning and swivelling with static cornering), but it is still recognizable as the same car as our taxis (almost).

Thus, the i40 got a really bad image problem. Those who want wagons usually look for european marques. Then when you ask taxi driver how is their i40, they will complain, mainly because they unhappy with the higher rental. [dizzy]

Supersonic

Agreed, all those taxi drivers who are driving sonata and no choice to change to i40 after sonata scrapped, complain rental for i40 is high and they need to work harder to cover the rent. But as a passenger i also complain that the i40 start meter is higher.

I tend to like wagon... Used to drive Airwave... The space is very useful especially for families with kids. Juz throw the stroller, kids bike behind & go east coast.

Specs for I40 quite good, I'll choose it over Sonata. Only thing is that it feels a little narrower. Dunno actual dimension comparison n between the 2 models.

The fact that it's used as a taxi doesn't really bothers me.

Turbocharged

I tend to like wagon... Used to drive Airwave... The space is very useful especially for families with kids. Juz throw the stroller, kids bike behind & go east coast.

Specs for I40 quite good, I'll choose it over Sonata. Only thing is that it feels a little narrower. Dunno actual dimension comparison n between the 2 models.

The fact that it's used as a taxi doesn't really bothers me.

I am of same view. When younger, always like sedan, three box. Now, older, surprisingly start to like the visual proportioning and luggage capability of wagons.

I believe i40 is slightly smaller overall (shorter and narrower) than Sonata. Sonata is replacing the i45, which is larger than i40.

However, rear seats still can hold three people very comfortably... legroom and headroom, can fit ruler together with your head/leg!

↡ Advertisement