Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

still in time before the new VES kicks in  [thumbsup]

car is here but still queuing to register.  around 3rd week june  [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

with the fine particulates...many current models even the hybrids all got hit from rebate to neutral/penalty. 

those already penalty I am guessing will not do any better.

No one will know unless we have the official emission figures to compare.

There should be no change to the VES for GLC right?
It's in the C1 +$10,000 band already.

Edited by Vratenza

Hypersonic

still in time before the new VES kicks in  [thumbsup]

ya..think they more kan cheong than me. 

heard many other cars also queuing for inspection to register before ves.

• Praise 5

ya..think they more kan cheong than me. 

heard many other cars also queuing for inspection to register before ves.

Ai yo VES is like giving Tips for you ........ 

please give me some  :D

• Praise 1

Its RWD and surprisingly, the chasis is very nimble and handling was precise. Almost felt like driving a sports sedan. Overall car felt very good to drive despite being only 180+hp. The power delivery was smooth and gear changes decisive

Put in sport mode and the car packs a punch.

Really comfy “eurostyle” leather seats and top notch infotainment system from bmw as always

Its RWD and surprisingly, the chasis is very nimble and handling was precise. Almost felt like driving a sports sedan. Overall car felt very good to drive despite being only 180+hp. The power delivery was smooth and gear changes decisive

Put in sport mode and the car packs a punch.

Really comfy âeurostyleâ leather seats and top notch infotainment system from bmw as always

Hi Bro, I think you should post in the X3 thread instead?

Or are you referring to the GLC 200?

Hi Bro, I think you should post in the X3 thread instead?

Or are you referring to the GLC 200?

he competitor of CnC  :XD:

• Praise 3

(edited)

Any GLC owners with engine check light with code:P0128 to take note of my experience.

The P0128 is related to the engine temperature not reaching the optimal temperature within a set time limit. Online research seem to point towards a faulty radiator thermostat that is stuck in open position.

Had 1st encounter 4 months or so into ownership, brought back to CnC, was told is due to firmware issue, so they flashed new firmware and all was good till another 6 months down the road when it happened a second time.

Brought it back to CnC, demand an explanation as to why a supposedly firmware issue can be recurrent despite having had it flashed previously. I was told that Merc Benz SOP is such that they still need to flash newer firmware to troubleshoot the problem for my 2017 production model. Apparently if it is a 2018 model, they will just change the thermostat without question. Thus my car was held for 2.5days for them to reflash the firmware and eventually they decided to just change the radiator thermostat for me.

After the repair, took my car up to Port Dickson /Malacca/JB for 5 days trip. So far no issue. Keeping my finger cross as the previous "reflash" only lasted me 6 months.

So if you encounter similar error code, I suggest you demand for a change in thermostat instead of just an update of firmware, which I believe to be just kicking the can down the road.

Ps:I have an OBDII reader so am able to self check what is the error code related to the engine check light before sending it in.

This engine check light will go off after a number of restart of engine but CnC should be able to dig into the Ecu for record of the error codes.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Any owners experiencing the brightness of the speedometer & rev dials, together with the centre screen becoming dim when lit at night.

Normally they were brighter but suddenly the above occurred tonight.

Edited by CrimsonVertigo
  • Praise 1

Any owners experiencing the brightness of the speedometer & rev dials, together with the centre screen becoming dim when lit at night.

Normally they were brighter but suddenly the above occurred tonight.

This is not specific to GLC. Usually when the headlight is on (i.e. at night), the speedometer & rev dial will be dimmed. 

• Praise 1

Any GLC owners with engine check light with code:P0128 to take note of my experience.

The P0128 is related to the engine temperature not reaching the optimal temperature within a set time limit. Online research seem to point towards a faulty radiator thermostat that is stuck in open position.

Had 1st encounter 4 months or so into ownership, brought back to CnC, was told is due to firmware issue, so they flashed new firmware and all was good till another 6 months down the road when it happened a second time.

Brought it back to CnC, demand an explanation as to why a supposedly firmware issue can be recurrent despite having had it flashed previously. I was told that Merc Benz SOP is such that they still need to flash newer firmware to troubleshoot the problem for my 2017 production model. Apparently if it is a 2018 model, they will just change the thermostat without question. Thus my car was held for 2.5days for them to reflash the firmware and eventually they decided to just change the radiator thermostat for me.

After the repair, took my car up to Port Dickson /Malacca/JB for 5 days trip. So far no issue. Keeping my finger cross as the previous "reflash" only lasted me 6 months.

So if you encounter similar error code, I suggest you demand for a change in thermostat instead of just an update of firmware, which I believe to be just kicking the can down the road.

Ps:I have an OBDII reader so am able to self check what is the error code related to the engine check light before sending it in.

This engine check light will go off after a number of restart of engine but CnC should be able to dig into the Ecu for record of the error codes.

Although I don’t own/drive a GLC but I’m sure those who does will appreaciate you sharing this.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Anyone replaced front grill star with illumination type?

Bought from Taobao, so need an installer.

Anyone has a recommended installer and price for installation?

(edited)

any review on the GLC SUV or coupe? the glc coupe looks sleek but the back headroom seems bad , similar to my current cla. currently price diff btw AD and PI around 10k.. but AD need to wait till Nov/Dec... anything to squeeze the SE?

Edited by Soho

You have the answer in your message below. Waiting till Nov/Dec means it is a good car!

any review on the GLC SUV or coupe? the glc coupe looks sleek but the back headroom seems bad , similar to my current cla. currently price diff btw AD and PI around 10k.. but AD need to wait till Nov/Dec... anything to squeeze the SE?

My GLC Coupe back headroom is ok. Most of the time, it’s the kids sitting at the back. Even when colleagues sit at the back, didn’t hear much complaints.

Car boot headroom is a major sacrifice though. It’s a conscious decision when I picked the coupe though. The look and shape of the rear makes me feel shiok each time :-)

• Praise 1

Sorry did not go for the illuminated star although the price very nice from taobao... Need to tap and splice into the engine bay electrical harness. C&C surely will not agree. 

But will be interesting to see the effect in life after you install it! 

Anyone replaced front grill star with illumination type?

Bought from Taobao, so need an installer.
Anyone has a recommended installer and price for installation?

↡ Advertisement