Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

Hi GLC owners. The stock speakers are not good enough. They sound lacks body. What better speakers have you changed them to? If someone is using the German Maestro 4.2 drop in replacement for the stock speakers, kindly comment on the sound improvements. TIA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sat in a test drive once. I think the chassis is very stiff and the insulation is much better than the other cx, so the road noise is very little. The seats are also more plush and comfortable than the other cx.

Very decent 7 seater SUV if you don't mind the badge.

Will consider

But the fuel consumption really sucks?

All my previous mazdas suck, ok my rotary engine one not counted but even normal one also suck

Is it better now?

Edited by Throttle2

Will consider

But the fuel consumption really sucks?

All my previous mazdas suck, ok my rotary engine one not counted but even normal one also suck

Is it better now?

In general, the FC of Mazdas has improved with the Skyactiv engine. As for the cx-9, it is quite a big car, so if you mostly do city driving, it won't be good.

I love Mazdas too. Lol.

Neutral Newbie

anyone knows why our GLC250 fan for the engine spins at max speed when we start the engine? Both cold start or after driving a while.

Hypersonic
(edited)

anyone knows why our GLC250 fan for the engine spins at max speed when we start the engine? Both cold start or after driving a while.

From cold start, not so high fan speed.

But usually when retart engine after car parked for a while.

when engine is still warm. especially during a hot day

temperature gauge showed normal

i thought flying a booing 250 max  :D
Edited by Sunny
  • Praise 7

I find that the chrome part of the front bumper for the new facelift too loud and ugly....

Whether new or old, the chrome part front and back is ugly.

Thats why gotta go for AMG styling or need to spray the ugly chrome area black or dark color.

Neutral Newbie

any idea when is the new face-lifted GLC arrived in our shore?

Haiz … After seeing the mouth-watering photos on the new GLC and GLC Coupe shared by Bro Carbon82, I kinda regretted not waiting for a while more to get my hands on the GLC … I am probably collecting my new ride within the next 2 weeks … This is after a wait of over 8 months considering that I placed deposit back in July 2018 … Then in less than 6 months after collecting my new ride, my new ride will not be so new anymore as the new GLC will have hit our shores within that period .. Sianz!

Anyone know if it possible to upgrade to the latest MBUX with the upsized 12.3" touchscreen display and the likely costs?  LOL  [laugh]

Buying car is like that. Especially with the long waiting time to delivery from C&C. Unless you buy ready stock from PI. 

No, you will not be able to upgrade to MBUX. Very extensive modification. Of course nothing is impossible, just that cost will be prohibitive.

Just enjoy your ride as it is, mod a little here and there for keep it fresh and unique from the many glc running around. 

By the time you are done, it's about time to change car. 

Haiz … After seeing the mouth-watering photos on the new GLC and GLC Coupe shared by Bro Carbon82, I kinda regretted not waiting for a while more to get my hands on the GLC … I am probably collecting my new ride within the next 2 weeks … This is after a wait of over 8 months considering that I placed deposit back in July 2018 … Then in less than 6 months after collecting my new ride, my new ride will not be so new anymore as the new GLC will have hit our shores within that period .. Sianz!

Anyone know if it possible to upgrade to the latest MBUX with the upsized 12.3" touchscreen display and the likely costs?  LOL  [laugh]

I know there is nothing you can do about it since you bought it. Most of us glc owners are pretty satisfied with the car overall. There is no perfect car in this world. My car has it's own share of repairs which I shared openly in this forum within the same period of ownership. As long as the problem is recifiable by AD, it is all part of ownership. 

May I propose that once you get your car back from C&C, we can have a meetup, I let you test my car and you let me experience in person your long list of issues with your ride.

The invitation is on the table. 

Hi Vratenza,

It has been quite a while. Unfortunately I am still living with the wobbly, juddery drive of my GLC. If you don't mind as you have offered, perhaps we can meet up and you can test drive my car and provide a second opinion. I am not sure if this is indeed the nature of this model or it is an issue only with my car. Please do let me know where and when we can meet. Thanks.

Sure thing. Only thing is I am prepping for exam on top of my work and family the next 3 weeks. Just PM me your number. 

Hi Vratenza,

It has been quite a while. Unfortunately I am still living with the wobbly, juddery drive of my GLC. If you don't mind as you have offered, perhaps we can meet up and you can test drive my car and provide a second opinion. I am not sure if this is indeed the nature of this model or it is an issue only with my car. Please do let me know where and when we can meet. Thanks.

let’s hope this digital instrument cluster is “standard” because the current one looks dated and ugly

The facelift is crap, original version much nicer and classier lines

I believe jaguar has a similar event on the same day and the following day.

seems like many dealerships having sales to clear their ex stock. Now you book a car even ex stock have to Q for a long time to PDI your car.......