Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

(edited)

Price still holding up eh...

Yah quite stiff. At this price range, selection quite a lot. Edited by mistergoh
↡ Advertisement

My front Hankook tyres are wearing out faster than I thought.

Am surprised that they are not run flats.

Am looking at replacing the tyres with Michelin Latitude Sport 3.

Any advice?

(edited)

I test drove the 200 yest.

Inside is spacious & driving quite engaging.

I feel its more responsive then E200 tho i know both with same engine specs.

Edited by mel1888

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros,

Anyone who has replaced the HU with aftermarket Android models? Does everything work well or will you guys recommend not to meddle with it?

How about unlocking it for Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto? Will that be better than changing the HU with aftermarket Android models?

I guess most will agree that the stock sound system is not very good.. When I bought my unit, I opted for the upgrade to Burmester sound system.. However, I guess it was just a very basic upgrade and not the full Burmester Surround Sound System for the GLC.. Anyone can recommend a good workshop to handle the upgrade to full Burmester Surround Sound System at a reasonable price? Or is the Burmester Surround Sound System for the GLC not worth the price and better to get it upgraded in another way? Any good recommendations on workshops to handle the sound system upgrade?

Thank you in advance for all Bros' views and recommendations.. Cheers!!

Hi Bros,

Anyone who has replaced the HU with aftermarket Android models? Does everything work well or will you guys recommend not to meddle with it?

How about unlocking it for Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto? Will that be better than changing the HU with aftermarket Android models?

I guess most will agree that the stock sound system is not very good.. When I bought my unit, I opted for the upgrade to Burmester sound system.. However, I guess it was just a very basic upgrade and not the full Burmester Surround Sound System for the GLC.. Anyone can recommend a good workshop to handle the upgrade to full Burmester Surround Sound System at a reasonable price? Or is the Burmester Surround Sound System for the GLC not worth the price and better to get it upgraded in another way? Any good recommendations on workshops to handle the sound system upgrade?

There are a lot of upgrade solutions out there for stock infotainment system.

I am surprised that Burmester sound system doesn’t sound good. What’s the source of your music?

Neutral Newbie

There are a lot of upgrade solutions out there for stock infotainment system.

I am surprised that Burmester sound system doesn’t sound good. What’s the source of your music?

Good day Bro Davidtch,

Yes, I am sure there are a lot of upgrade solutions.  But I was wondering if any Bros here have the full Burmester Surround Sound System and can give their feedback if it is worth the upgrade?

I just received my car about 7 weeks back and currently I am mainly playing radio from the stock HU.  I am not sure if my Burmester system is the full system or just partial.  However, I went online to see a video on YouTube posted by Elebest who installed the full Burmester Surround Sound System for about 5k to 6k and the system I have seems more or less the same as it.

Plus the stock HU does not have Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto functions.  So I was wondering if it is good enough to get someone to unlock these functions on our stock HU or just simply go get those aftermarket Android HU (which is easily available on Taobao)?  But I am concerned about the full compatibility of these aftermarket Android HU.  Will these HU screw up our car system etc.?

Looking forward to Bros' advices and recommendations.  Thank you in advance!

Good day Bro Davidtch,

Yes, I am sure there are a lot of upgrade solutions.  But I was wondering if any Bros here have the full Burmester Surround Sound System and can give their feedback if it is worth the upgrade?

I just received my car about 7 weeks back and currently I am mainly playing radio from the stock HU.  I am not sure if my Burmester system is the full system or just partial.  However, I went online to see a video on YouTube posted by Elebest who installed the full Burmester Surround Sound System for about 5k to 6k and the system I have seems more or less the same as it.

Plus the stock HU does not have Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto functions.  So I was wondering if it is good enough to get someone to unlock these functions on our stock HU or just simply go get those aftermarket Android HU (which is easily available on Taobao)?  But I am concerned about the full compatibility of these aftermarket Android HU.  Will these HU screw up our car system etc.?

Looking forward to Bros' advices and recommendations.  Thank you in advance!

To the best of my knowledge, there is only Burmester Surround which has a signature aluminium tweeter grill on door card.

If you are listening to lalio, no point to get Burmester.

Why save on HU mod since you are driving GLC?

To the best of my knowledge, there is only Burmester Surround which has a signature aluminium tweeter grill on door card.

If you are listening to lalio, no point to get Burmester.

Why save on HU mod since you are driving GLC?

https://www.burmester.de/en/automotive/mercedes-benz/glc.html

Driving a total of 13 loudspeakers, a 9-channel DSP amplifier with 590 watts of system output power enables an exclusive music

experience on a sublime level. Moreover, the driver can easily adjust the impressive listening experience to his or her personal taste. The switchable surround function creates a virtual surround sound from mono and stereo signals to make the interior of the Mercedes-Benz GLC seem acoustically even bigger if there are no true 5.1 multi-channel recordings available. By means of the front/all/rear optimisation the passengers can adjust the sound specifically for the front, rear or all seats. A punchy bass reproduction is guaranteed by the Frontbass technology: here the woofers are integrated into the car body in front of the passengers.

Real Burmester is either full upgrade or nothing. It should be stock from factory. Check your VIN code to verify. 

If yours is a PI unit.... Then anything goes already.... The dealer can simply just swap a few speakers, change the speaker grills and call it a Burmester upgrade. 

Anyway, listening to radio, no point waste your money on a Burmester. 

To my non-audiophile ears, I just added a pair of Tweeters with inbuilt crossovers offload my door factory mids speaker and it is good enough already for my radio and Spotify. 

I have no need for carplay or android auto.

My Bluetooth will automatically connect to my phone and continue my Spotify song list each time I start the car. 

Hi Bros,

Real Burmester is either full upgrade or nothing. It should be stock from factory. Check your VIN code to verify. 

If yours is a PI unit.... Then anything goes already.... The dealer can simply just swap a few speakers, change the speaker grills and call it a Burmester upgrade. 

Anyway, listening to radio, no point waste your money on a Burmester. 

To my non-audiophile ears, I just added a pair of Tweeters with inbuilt crossovers offload my door factory mids speaker and it is good enough already for my radio and Spotify. 

I have no need for carplay or android auto.

My Bluetooth will automatically connect to my phone and continue my Spotify song list each time I start the car. 

Same here.  I just swap out the front 2 speakers and install an additional pair of tweeters.  Sounds good to me.

Didn't even bother with speakers at the backseat.  Most of the time is on radio and Bluetooth media from phone.  Good enough for me.

Driving the GLC250 for about 4-5 months. I noticed that a few times, the time and date would get reset. Does anyone have this problem as well? Any ideas on how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

I had a slightly different problem. The system clock keeps slowing by a few min every 1-2 weeks. 

Solution: go back to c&c for a firmware update and problem solved. 

The firmware took about 6mth from the time I complained to  c&c though. 

Driving the GLC250 for about 4-5 months. I noticed that a few times, the time and date would get reset. Does anyone have this problem as well? Any ideas on how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

My front Hankook tyres are wearing out faster than I thought.

Am surprised that they are not run flats.

Am looking at replacing the tyres with Michelin Latitude Sport 3.

Any advice?

Perhaps you could consider the Michelin PS4 SUV? It’s supposed to be the replacement for the LS3. Changed a few days ago and it definitely is better than the standard runflats that originally came with the car. Even new, I already feel the improved traction and steering feel. Running at 34psi, the ride is better but I would not call it plush. Let’s see how it settles in.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-SUV-Launched.htm

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone have any idea what the ideal/recommeded alignment settings for the GLC250 4matic are? Thanks in advance.

I had a slightly different problem. The system clock keeps slowing by a few min every 1-2 weeks.

Solution: go back to c&c for a firmware update and problem solved.

The firmware took about 6mth from the time I complained to c&c though.

Thanks. Went to PI-appointed workshop to check. Indeed a firmware problem. Apparently, there is no issue if the time is set to Hong Kong time. Not sure why but after the updates, it worked.

Perhaps you could consider the Michelin PS4 SUV? Itâs supposed to be the replacement for the LS3. Changed a few days ago and it definitely is better than the standard runflats that originally came with the car. Even new, I already feel the improved traction and steering feel. Running at 34psi, the ride is better but I would not call it plush. Letâs see how it settles in.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-SUV-Launched.htm

Thanks! PS4 is quite new...just launched this year.

The tyre shop I went to doesn’t have it yet even though they are an authorized Michelin dealer. Settled for LS3 instead... happy so far. Will probably go for PS4 for the next tyre change.

I m in the same predicament as u. Current car hi coe. To top it off, wear n tear costs are coming in.

How high is high COE. Family car is at 78k for COE. Changing soon though

Did any of you get a "Check Brake Pad Wear" message at about 25,000km?
Mine just came up, and wondering how long more would brake pad last.

If 25,000km too short for brake pad to wear out?

↡ Advertisement