Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

same....just one under fluorescent lighting and one under natural sunlight.

is it red or orange?

back never paint?

↡ Advertisement

Red. It is brembo OEM 4 Potter anyway. 

Here's the before..the brakes that comes with amg-line cars..  .. Felt little weird when I saw them use chemical to brush off the Mercedes Benz wordings while prepping the surface for paint job. 

post-24957-0-79671500-1539573075_thumb.jpg

post-24957-0-61660900-1539572021_thumb.jpg

is it red or orange?

back never paint?

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Red. It is brembo OEM 4 Potter anyway. 

Here's the before..the brakes that comes with amg-line cars..  .. Felt little weird when I saw them use chemical to brush off the Mercedes Benz wordings while prepping the surface for paint job. 

attachicon.gif20181012_101709-picsay.jpg

attachicon.gif20181012_132135-picsay.jpg

nice, i quite like this stock amg line brake kit. very subtle

Very good set of brakes, nicely modulated and braking power for cars with weight and power output in likes of  glc 200/250

Performance wise nothing to fault. so decided to keep the brakes and just beng it up.

nice, i quite like this stock amg line brake kit. very subtle

• Praise 1

Very good set of brakes, nicely modulated and braking power for cars with weight and power output in likes of  glc 200/250

Performance wise nothing to fault. so decided to keep the brakes and just beng it up.

6 pot might look nicer but overkill. don't need waste money haha 

When a PI shows an item on their spec-sheet as "Sports Suspension", does it means "AMG Suspension", or does it refers to the lowering of the normal GLC spring like what Cycle is doing with their GLC Coupe.

When a PI shows an item on their spec-sheet as "Sports Suspension", does it means "AMG Suspension", or does it refers to the lowering of the normal GLC spring like what Cycle is doing with their GLC Coupe.

3 Suspensions come with the GLC :

- Standard Suspension (most models)

- Sports Suspension (AMG Line)

- Air Suspension (Additional option to be purchased for non AMG GL43/GL63 models)

Anyone here bought replacement wiper fluid? Do I need to get the Mercedes original ones? Stockist or C&C? Thanks

Aiyo, can just use water la.

Aiyo, can just use water la.

That was my thought till I use BMW summer wiper fluid.

No more squeaky wiper now.

Anyone here bought replacement wiper fluid? Do I need to get the Mercedes original ones? Stockist or C&C? Thanks

Juz go parts department to get it.

Rem to dilute it more than required. Very likely to be very soapy

What is your rims specs?

Usually from what I know, the wider rear rims will require a wider tyre compared to the front.

Good choice in the design of the rims..Like it. PM me the details? [laugh]

This is an old message that I have dug out.. I'm also curious to know.. is it really possible to pop in 4 identical tyres to staggered rims? If so, it will allow rotation of tyres.

This is an old message that I have dug out.. I'm also curious to know.. is it really possible to pop in 4 identical tyres to staggered rims? If so, it will allow rotation of tyres.

Staggered means no rotation of tyres
  • Praise 2

yes, have it 4 same tyres on my current staggered rims like @Sunny.

Each rim width can take a range of tyre widths. The tyre/rim shop should be able to give a guidance if your particular rim width can use a certain tyre profile.

Technically, if you insist, can be rotated, just more leh chey, need the shop to dismount the tyres and remount it on the corresponding rims. Most shop would probably charge you an arm just to do that.

• Praise 2

yes, have it 4 same tyres on my current staggered rims like @Sunny.

Each rim width can take a range of tyre widths. The tyre/rim shop should be able to give a guidance if your particular rim width can use a certain tyre profile.

Technically, if you insist, can be rotated, just more leh chey, need the shop to dismount the tyres and remount it on the corresponding rims. Most shop would probably charge you an arm just to do that.

Oic.. sounds like though you put 4 identical tyres on the staggered rims, you dont rotate tyres ?

Nope. once you stagger the general rule of thumb is you give up rotation.

Rotation is mainly to even out any uneven wear on the tires to prolong their lifespan....how much of the lifespan you prolong is debatable.

This is another reason why a lot of people hesitate to go stagger set up for the increased running cost as you might need to change your tyres more frequently.

Oic.. sounds like though you put 4 identical tyres on the staggered rims, you dont rotate tyres ?

↡ Advertisement