Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

Decide if you want to keep to RFT or change to normal tires. Normal tires are quieter more comfortable and lighter. Have to prep for road side puncture measures if you decide to switch.

I need to change my GLC’s stock pirelli scorpion verde 245/60/18 tyres soon. Any recommendations for a tyre shop that sells that size and should I buy the same tyres or are there better alternative brands? Silence and comfort are my priority

↡ Advertisement

My GLC from C&C came with normal scorpion verde tyres, not run flats. But my wife is wanting to switch to run flats for added piece of mind :)

Got a few punctures in the last few years. Too many construction sites around. Definitely good peace of mind especially when rushing somewhere on weekends. Just drive normally before getting it fixed. To me, it's worth the extra dollars and slightly harder ride

• Praise 1

Yeah I guess I have been lucky with the GLC and I initially thought it was on run flats until the service guy mention two weeks ago my tyres are not run flat. I had thought all the new Mercs are sold with runflats. My previous B class had 5 incidence of punctures to the tyres but luckily they were runflats.

Neutral Newbie

Letting go my set of AMG 19" staggered rims with tyres for GLC SUV & Coupe.

Custom spray painted in matt black.

3 months old. Like new with no dents or kerb rash. Tyres still have 90% thread remaining.

Front:

Rims - 19x8 ET38

Tyre - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 MO (Mercedes Original) 235/55/19

Rear:

Rims - 19x9 ET20

Tyre - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 MO (Mercedes Original) 255/50/19

Letting go as upgrading to larger rims

• Praise 1

C&C GLC 18" are non-RFT and comes with tire repair kit. 

19" onwards are RFT without tire repair kit.

Yeah I guess I have been lucky with the GLC and I initially thought it was on run flats until the service guy mention two weeks ago my tyres are not run flat. I had thought all the new Mercs are sold with runflats. My previous B class had 5 incidence of punctures to the tyres but luckily they were runflats.

• Praise 1

Can anyone confirm if only the front passenger side mirror can be set to downtilt while reverse parking? I seem to recall that I could set the driverâs side as well.

Should be only passenger side mirror will tilt when reserve
  • Praise 3

Hi, can I check if anyone done sticker warp for centre console on open pore wood ash trimming?

Does it stick well ? Thank you

I doubt it will stick well as it's uneven and will probably have lots of bubbles. Either you simply use wood polish on it to make it shine or you replace it with piano black lacquer or carbon fibre console 

• Praise 2

I just got my GLC250 from Cartimes last week and I am looking for some accessories. I am used to putting my mobile phone into the door handle "cup" in my previous cars but GLC door handle is just a handle with no base at the bottom. I saw Aliexpress selling them but all of them are telling me it will not fit RHD, only suitable for LHD. Anyone here managed to find such accessory?

I just got my GLC250 from Cartimes last week and I am looking for some accessories. I am used to putting my mobile phone into the door handle "cup" in my previous cars but GLC door handle is just a handle with no base at the bottom. I saw Aliexpress selling them but all of them are telling me it will not fit RHD, only suitable for LHD. Anyone here managed to find such accessory?

Did u check amazon? Might have :)
  • Praise 1

There's no such item available. I sent enquiries to the aliexpress vendors and all told me its only for LHD. Only the back seat holders fit our RHD version in Singapore. One other way is to 3D print your own I guess. I ended up putting it in the middle of the centre console armrest after getting it lifted up with the tray which you can get for less than $10 from Aliexpress. That one works for all LHD and RHD cars. A little inconvenient to open it and remove/insert phone each time though. 

Did u check amazon? Might have :)

Amazon.com stocks the LHD ones too unfortunately. Maybe Amazon.co.uk might have better luck